Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Memfis

breezeep new avatar is annoyink

Such annoying rapidly moving gifs shouldn't be allowed. Personally, I used AdBlock to hide it.

I agree, I don't like it either. The movement is barely acceptable in a stupid meme I see once for all, but not as an avatar I keep seeing whenever I read a thread where he posted.

Memfis said:

Such annoying rapidly moving gifs shouldn't be allowed. Personally, I used AdBlock to hide it.

No Memfis I disagree with you. It is depressing and here's why you don't get it:

Because you cannot understand HOW MUCH frustration the Revenant has collected since Doom 2 came out.

He is seeking attention, psychological help, to help him express the amount of rustling and raging he has built up in his poor skeletal body because the doomguy just keeps putting his bones in all the wrong order.

The doomguy is infact the ultimate troll, messing up the bones of the Revenant all the goddamn time with his super shotty. I think we all agree that the doomguy is a sadistic psychopath who is racist towards zombies and demons.

We all should fund a kickstarter for the hell to win for once.

I loved it when I once played a custom wad only to be caught in a mass Revernant trap, I immediately quit before even dealing with them. And no it was not a slaughter map.

Don't worry guys, I got a nice pole and noose prepared. Bring forth breezeep for Doomworld's first public lynching! Don't be shy, woman and children are welcome to watch as well. Heh, now I miss Doomworld mafia...

Joe-ilya's new avatar is an SSG reload animation, and I have to say that I slightly dislike even that one as an avatar (although it's less annoying that Breezeep's). I don't like when an animation is non-smooth and I have to see it repeatedly while I want to pay attention to calmly read the forum. Avatars like mine/Obsidian's/Plums's animate smoothly enough for my eyes.

I think custom avatars should be banned and we should all revert to those 25x25 photos of random strangers and fish variants.

Meh, this whole forum is an outdated technological mess IMO. The rules for forum posting/appearance are like something out of the 90's (in fact, they may be out of the 90's: I forget) and the general appearance is equally old-fashioned and unsatisfying IMO. Goodness only knows how it keeps track of which posts you have viewed and which posts are new/old/whatever. I've never been able to fathom that and the PM system has never worked right for me either. I don't mean that it should look like one of those awful forums with giant avatars and huge distracting signatures that take up more space than the posts but this forum is way past it's "best before" date IMO.

Still, I know that a lot of people here seem to think it's fine so, whatever.

Enjay said:

the general appearance is equally old-fashioned and unsatisfying IMO.

What makes for a "satisfying" appearance for a forum?

scifista42 said:

Joe-ilya's new avatar is an SSG reload animation, and I have to say that I slightly dislike even that one as an avatar (although it's less annoying that Breezeep's). I don't like when an animation is non-smooth and I have to see it repeatedly while I want to pay attention to calmly read the forum. Avatars like mine/Obsidian's/Plums's animate smoothly enough for my eyes.

Actually, yours is pretty retarded, too. If he wasn't positioned at an angle using his third leg, R2-D2 would be far less grating on the eyes.

Enjay said:

and the general appearance is equally old-fashioned and unsatisfying IMO.

Of all forums I know, Doomworld forum and Liquid Doom forum are the ones with most satisfying appearance to me. Very eye-pleasant background and text colors, subforums visible on main page instead of being deeply nested, useful links right at the top (or bottom), no complicated navigation menus, no overwhelming unnecessary features getting in the way of common ones...

scifista42 said:

Of all forums I know, Doomworld forum and Liquid Doom forum are the ones with most satisfying appearance to me. Very eye-pleasant background and text colors, subforums visible on main page instead of being deeply nested, useful links right at the top (or bottom), no complicated navigation menus, no overwhelming unnecessary features getting in the way of common ones...

Probably the one benefit of running on a version of forum software written in 2001 - none of that "Web 2.0" nonsense informing its design :V What I don't know is how this doesn't meet a similar fate to the one the old MancuNET server just did, given what a liability any out of date components are on the web these days :>

Linguica said:

What makes for a "satisfying" appearance for a forum?

To be fair, I don't really know. I just know that this forum looks and feels dated to me. That being said, such an appearance could be considered entirely appropriate given the interest that the forum caters for and, clearly, many people like it.

The relatively poor functionality of the forum and the old-fashioned clunkiness of its operation is more of an issue than how it looks though.

This thread went a long time without anyone mentioning Maes avatar.

Quasar said:

What I don't know is how this doesn't meet a similar fate to the one the old MancuNET server just did, given what a liability any out of date components are on the web these days :>

Dude, don't jinx it.

40oz said:

This thread went a long time without anyone mentioning Maes avatar.

I think everybody is immune to it by now.