Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
geX

Fallout 4 reveal

LANEGRACABRA said:

Could current gen consoles handle open world in UE4?

Sure they can, but everything UE4 sucks. Hatred is the best finished game for it and will be for the next year or so.

UE4 has been working for the past 3 or so months for improved open world integration. They've got a tech demo of 100 square miles or something like that all made in a week or so with assets they made after a trip to Scotland I think it was.

999cop said:

Fallout 4 = Rage 2

I agree with you there, but well I always felt Rage was a less standardized version of Fallout 3. Everything is just so cookie cutter with whatever engine they use. I'm happy they added color to the game.

Aliotroph? said:

FO3 has a nice mod called Fellout. Add that and the colour comes back and banishes the green.

I felt that was a must when I was building a collection of mods to play FO3 with.

Aliotroph? said:

FO3 has a nice mod called Fellout. Add that and the colour comes back and banishes the green.

definitely this. i couldn't imagine playing the game with that hideous green tint everywhere.

Avoozl said:

Green tint?

The environments in FO3 had a greenish tint to them, apparently because of the fallout from the atomic war. However, given the fact that it was kinda ugly, and didn't make sense scientifically given the length of time after the blast; fellout was created to remove it, giving the game a much better scenery.

Kontra Kommando said:

The environments in FO3 had a greenish tint to them, apparently because of the fallout from the atomic war. However, given the fact that it was kinda ugly, and didn't make sense scientifically given the length of time after the blast; fellout was created to remove it, giving the game a much better scenery.

the only downside is that it removes practically all lightning outdoors at nighttime. which means you can't see shit outdoors when it's dark. sure, it makes sense given there's practically no artificial light outside, but goddamn, peoples' obsession with "realistic" lightning mods that makes certain areas near pitch-black i find perplexing.

Doomhuntress said:

the only downside is that it removes practically all lightning outdoors at nighttime. which means you can't see shit outdoors when it's dark. sure, it makes sense given there's practically no artificial light outside, but goddamn, peoples' obsession with "realistic" lightning mods that makes certain areas near pitch-black i find perplexing.

I recall playing with a realistic combat mod; if you get shot in the head, you would die instantly. It was extremely hard, but it was fun for a few gun battles. Though, playing an entire game of it would be too frustrating.

Doomhuntress said:

It makes the light level at night somewhat weather dependent. Sometimes you can see almost nothing and sometimes it's a bit brighter. It goes well with the mod that lights up lots of the street lights, even if activating the ones on broken bridges is a bit implausible.

I had an older weather mod before that removed the green only sometimes. Some days would be green, some would have blue skies, and some were overcast. I really just didn't want the green tint this time, though.

So nobody posted this E3 gameplay trailer or I missed it... or something. Anyhow, Fallout 4 is looking pretty interesting now.

I don't care about Fallout so let me just say this:

2015, facial expressions are still freaking atrocious. It's absolutely unacceptable considering this problem was solved 9 years ago by Half-Life 2: Episode One.

Eh, I'm gonna say that the Fallout Reveal left me pretty surprised. It looks a lot better than I was expecting it to be. The problem is that I've never played any of the previous games, so I'm not sure how it'll compare.

I get the feeling that it won't be as extensive as New Vegas was and will follow what Fallout 3 did since it is the next numbered sequel unlike NV.

Avoozl said:

I get the feeling that it won't be as extensive as New Vegas was and will follow what Fallout 3 did since it is the next numbered sequel unlike NV.

Wouldn't it be sweet if Obsidian did a Fallout 4 follow up game like they did with New Vegas. I guess they're too busy working on that Armored Warfare MMO.

Doominator2 said:

God, Todd Howard is pretty egotistic, the game looks nice but his commentary was pretty annoying.

That's the sad thing about life though; lots of people who make cool stuff are immense douchebags. That's also why they say you should never meet your heroes.

Clonehunter said:

The problem is that I've never played any of the previous games, so I'm not sure how it'll compare.

Oblivion, Fallout 3 and New Vegas (including most all of their respective dlc) each had a shitload of extensive dungeon crawls to explore and get lost in which I enjoy immensely. However, if skyrim is any indication of the direction of things to come then we can fully expect scripted and linear nonsense outside of the main open world map.

After looking at the complete E3 betheda show for Fallout 4 one single thing was confirmed to me, yet again. The so called internet gamers are just damn idiots.

The graphics are fenomenal and up to date, the extreme amount of features put into it look amazing... and the colors are there. Assemble your own gear with hundreds of items, the systems they programmed, the locations they have shown... great.

Those nitpickers and people capable of only seeing what they want to see can suck it. I went into the E3 videos with a bad attitude because of the internet shitstorm and got sucked into an amazing piece of gaming technology its progress.

Fans don't know what they want, what else is new? I think it looks great and will buy it Day 1, suck it down.

Post Reveal thoughts: More of the same with some new shit. I'm still going get it and play the hell out of it.

^ That was probably my favorite part of the demo. Anything with in game customization is awesome, and this having the purpose of a kind of tower defense like game makes it seem even cooler. I just wonder if tin roofs are our only options :P

Not sure how I feel about Fallout 4. I didn't like Fallout 3 at all, despite being a fan of the first two games and even Tactics. I still need to try New Vegas, which I''m told is a lot more like 1&2. Maybe if the game is more like NV and less like FO3 it will be cool.

You can probably abandon any hope of it being closer to New Vegas. Not really looking forward to Fallout 4 at all, as it just seems to deviate further from what I want out of a Fallout game.

And the voiced protagonist makes me more worried for Bethesda as a whole. A move like that seems to be a sort of Pandora's Box moment which you don't return from. Are they going to shoehorn PC voices into the next TES game? Not every damn RPG needs to follow the Mass Effect template. Bioware homogenizing the Dragon Age sequels was bad enough.

Fallout 4 will probably be the first Bethesda game in a long while that I have looked forward to, however I just hope they didn't cut any previous gameplay mechanics for the new stuff they're adding, I don't really care that much for base building however.

I look forward to playing Fallout 4. I always liked Fallout 3, regardless if it didn't stay true to the series. :-) Doom 3 was a lot different then it's prequels, but it was awesome nonetheless. ;-) When I played FO3, it kind of reminded me of doom in a way. B-)