Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SYS

Jurassic World has racist Dinosaur

I'm sure if you try hard enough you'll formulate an endless number of dumb analogies to confuse yourself over, Phml.

WTF is all this "whitey" shit people keep tossing around? :)

I'm just waiting for the next generation gap, when music stops sucking, things that are cool are actually cool, and you can call people whatever you want, and no one cares.

kb1 said:

I'm just waiting for the next generation gap, when music stops sucking, things that are cool are actually cool, and you can call people whatever you want, and no one cares.

the early 2000's again ? ;)

FireFish said:

There are no adults on the planet anymore, only highly sensitive children finding insult where it does not even exist. This politically correct extremism in daily life which did not exist at all 10 to 12 years ago really needs to die off before it does some serious global-culturally-political damage. 'culturally insensitive' writing for a dinosaur action movie... lmao.

But, that comedian found a way to joke about something which is what comedians do. And, they should never be taken serious when they are joking, lol.

I'm amazed how you managed to contradict yourself completely and utterly between those paragraphs.

Anyways, even the yahoo article doesn't take the vid at face value, they're pretty much just commenting on a latest Internet meme. Whiiiich, come to think of it, might be a worse trend in current media than ultraliberal overserious political correctness. My local printed paper had an article on the cat in the ultralight plane. I reacted with a furious eyebrow raise.

The sheer amount of animosity that exists among the various ethnic tribal groups of Pakistan has been compounded by the flow of live ordnance and political gifts of military weapons to the favored sons of the US or USSR. It's disturbing how "decade old rivalries" can only burn with greater passion as the years go by because arms dealers have decided Pakistan is a good of place as any to dump their excess. Just because there is inner conflict within Pakistan does not mean it is responsible for its own failure as a country. The British never built railroads up there, never bothered to create any kind of serious mining industry, never bothered distributing vaccinations. Pakistan's power grid is just awful. The colonial masters left without setting up any kind of viable bureau of private businesses and government agencies to create a coherent pathway to economic modernization and subsequent chance to join the globalized economy. Now Pakistan suffers all the worst effects of globalization with very few of the positives. It's one of the places left in the world where child labor is still acceptable because social mobility is nonexistent.

Go back to pressing the delete key in your word processor Clonehunter. I was not the one to start talking about whitey anyway.

You know I'm really sick of these racist pig directors not having any fucking foresight to appeal to the sensitive brown skin. Christ, they're just as bad as those fucking anti-vaccination loons or those god-damn racist white gun nuts, which is all white people--I mean, let's be realistic.

What mother fucking god-damn piss ridden mother fucker comes up with a racist name like pakisaurus!! Why didn't they just name one yellasaurus to even out the racism? Or maybe wetbacksaurusrex? THE HORROR THE HORROR!

Pachysaurus...Pakisaurus....it's all because you yanks and anglo-saxons don't have the awesome "ch" sound of German and Greek. Ach!

dew said:

I'm amazed how you managed to contradict yourself completely and utterly between those paragraphs.

Raised eyebrows ;
The only contradiction i could find is finding insult where there should be none, and a comedian doing it for his job... which actually should be two different concepts as a true comedian is not out with the actual intent of causing harm or causing insult.
Next time dew. ;)

fraggle said:

Did anyone in this thread even watch the video?
It's probably one of the funniest things I've seen recently. I don't think he's serious at all but it's pretty funny to see that Yahoo article and everyone here on Doomworld taking it at face value and missing the point.

:D

I can't see any evidence in this thread that 'whitey' or 'LGBT activists' (FFS) or 'bleeding heart liberals' have kicked up any kind of stink about this - the call to boycott is so obviously a joke, I'm surprised (well, not that surprised) at how spectacularly the usual suspects here have managed to miss the point.

^ We're all cookie-cutter right-winger crypto-fascists, deep inside, that's why.

Its a comedian being funny, people just ran of and discussed the concept behind the joke... which is people finding or claiming racism anywhere... Which still seems to be an acceptable way of handling things.

FireFish said:

Its a comedian being funny, people just ran of and discussed the concept behind the joke... which is people finding or claiming racism anywhere... Which still seems to be an acceptable way of handling things.

You mean you "ran of", right?

It seems to me most people played along, almost all the "racism!" tweets and comments I saw are meant in jest. But then came outrage over fake outrage, explaining the joke, explaining why the joke isn't funny, bringing out favourite strawmen... it's amazingly meta. And some people don't see through all the layers, insert Inception joke here.

Pretty sure its from around the world in 80 days(2004) and if i'm not mistaking that's Arnold Schwarzenegger O_O

If there really are people kicking up a genuine fuss over this rather than making funny videos, they should be thoroughly ignored. They don't deserve the oxygen of publicity.

On the wider topic of political correctness, I find Tumblr-style liberals annoying as well because in their scramble to champion identity politics, they ignore the more fundamental issues of class (hence the snobbish sneering at "rednecks" et al). But as far as I know they've yet to shoot up any churches, so they score higher than racist asshats in my book.

How do you notice all this shit? I just enjoyed the movie at 4D max, high quality and tons of prolonged action.

FireFish said:

There are no adults on the planet anymore, only highly sensitive children finding insult where it does not even exist. This politically correct extremism in daily life which did not exist at all 10 to 12 years ago really needs to die off before it does some serious global-culturally-political damage. 'culturally insensitive' writing for a dinosaur action movie... lmao.

This is an excellent description, especially about the children - it's a case where peoples brains stop developing when some trauma occurs - I see it all the time: "She did it first!" "You ain't gonna call me that". It's unbelievable.

Flesh420 said:

You know I'm really sick of these racist pig directors not having any fucking foresight to appeal to the sensitive brown skin. Christ, they're just as bad as those fucking anti-vaccination loons or those god-damn racist white gun nuts, which is all white people--I mean, let's be realistic.

What mother fucking god-damn piss ridden mother fucker comes up with a racist name like pakisaurus!! Why didn't they just name one yellasaurus to even out the racism? Or maybe wetbacksaurusrex? THE HORROR THE HORROR!

Yes, let's be realistic, with your rant about racism: "white gun nuts" "which is all white people" "mother fucking god-damn piss ridden mother fucker". Yeah, no issues there. No hate of people in category X... I sure hope you were kidding.

I guess it's ok to tote a bunch of guns if it's a video game. Too bad Jurassic Park is not a video game... oh, wait.

I guess you're joking - my bad. I just don't have any more room for humor on the subject. I just don't give a damn anymore. Sad, but true.

The problem is you can't lampoon or satirize SJW overreaction these days. Poe's law. When I saw the FP I didn't bother to question if it was a real thing or not. :P

kb1 said:

Yeah my generation (Millennials) sucks. Come on, Snapchat is worth billions? I thought a vaccine for the clap would be worth billions, not some horseshit sexting app. Our grand accomplishment is Uber, where you summon a taxi with your phone (which you would've just used to call a taxi company before...)? Fuck this planet man. What is even happening.

I will say being an adult is overrated though.

The only good hate crimes are those committed by the equal opportunist haters who will gladly fuck up people of any demographic. Their lack of discrimination in their hate crimes make them the true Knights of Society.

Quasar said:

The problem is you can't lampoon or satirize SJW overreaction these days. Poe's law.

But goddammit, I'm gonna try.

Ladna said:

Our grand accomplishment is Uber, where you summon a taxi with your phone (which you would've just used to call a taxi company before...)?

Heh - Uber doesn't call itself a taxi service in Australia, since that industry is government regulated and they're currently in dispute with the taxman over whether their drivers should pay GST (Goods & Services Tax). In any case, I think a more significant accomplishment would be Domino's real-time pizza order tracking app.

Quasar said:

The problem is you can't lampoon or satirize SJW overreaction these days. Poe's law. When I saw the FP I didn't bother to question if it was a real thing or not. :P

They can't even detect their own bullshit. Remember ban father's day?

GreyGhost said:

Heh - Uber doesn't call itself a taxi service in Australia, since that industry is government regulated and they're currently in dispute with the taxman over whether their drivers should pay GST (Goods & Services Tax). In any case, I think a more significant accomplishment would be Domino's real-time pizza order tracking app.

Yup, you'd even be able to see the extra trip it takes off into a side room for the addition of unauthorized "special" ingredients :P

Ladna said:

Yeah my generation (Millennials) sucks. Come on, Snapchat is worth billions? I thought a vaccine for the clap would be worth billions, not some horseshit sexting app. Our grand accomplishment is Uber, where you summon a taxi with your phone (which you would've just used to call a taxi company before...)? Fuck this planet man. What is even happening.

I will say being an adult is overrated though.

But wait, there's more!

Let's see:

-we invited Big Brother into our lives through social media, and apathy in political engagement; with the expansion of institutions like the NSA. We've sacrificed our privacy to pacify a narcissistic urge, and to follow the herd.

-we spy, video tape, and publicly shame one another in an effort to destroy each other's lives.

-by and large we're completely fucked financially. But hey, at least we can sip on some energy drinks, smoke some e-cigarettes, pop some molly, eat each other's faces high on bathsalts; and listen to Kanye West sing us nursery rhymes.

http://www.businessinsider.com/millennials-are-a-nightmare-for-wall-street-2015-6