Mancubus
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > How many of you still play Doom?
how many of you still play doom
This poll is closed.
yes 34 87.18%
no 5 12.82%
Total: 39 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pages (2): « 1 [2]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 05:38. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
KoolKat
Meow

I play Doom a bit. I myself like wads of mostly soldiers. I hate wads like Caverns of Darkness. I admire them for their architecture and stuff but their is a fine line between hard and irritating. Cacodemons buzz around you like flies! *swat!smack!slap!* ARGHH!

Old Post 06-07-02 15:43 #
KoolKat is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Little Faith
Rigtige mænd er voldtægtsmænd

So you are one of those that still think Doom2 on UV holds a challenge eh?

Just like me.

Old Post 06-07-02 16:07 #
Little Faith is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Darkstalker
Should be mapping

Ct_red_pants said:

since starting AV I've got into the habbit of using a 'backup' save game. map24: demonic hordes is starting to get on my nervs a bit though. But i've got the feeling it's only going to get worse...

Map24 is easier that Map25 and the map I was talking about is 26 and it's hell compared to 24 and 25. I strongly suggest you save 2 times at the end of map 25 if you do not want do have the same problem that I had...

Old Post 06-07-02 16:08 #
Darkstalker is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
nightmare imp

Been playing it ever since it came out.

Old Post 06-07-02 17:03 #
nightmare imp is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
deathz0r
Bitch fuckin' stole me chaingun!

don't play it often. i got myself addicted onto a free MMPORPG.

Old Post 06-18-02 14:49 #
deathz0r is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Da_Esco²
Loser

Still play Doom 2 mostly, don't really play ultimate doom at all. I gots every Id game from ultimate doom all da way up to quake 3 installed on mah hard drive, but I don't have time to play them shits much lately.... I'm busy with "other" things!
;)

/me gets ready to call his girl on his break.

........... AND creator of da almighty stoned smiley!
¦]

Boricua!!!!
Doomer 4 eva!

Old Post 06-18-02 16:48 #
Da_Esco² is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GS-1719
Illuminated

Played zDoom a while ago, but there's too much stuff vying for my attention - Champ Manager, Civ III, QIII, AVP2, MOH:AA, SS2 etc.

Old Post 06-18-02 23:05 #
GS-1719 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
pritch
Super Moderator

I play ZDoom every day, going back over all the 1000s of pwads I've downloaded on this 56k. I love it as much as ever. I love ZDaemon as well but sadly the ping is always atrocious.

Old Post 06-18-02 23:47 #
pritch is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kid Airbag
Not really a kid. Not really an airbag. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!? Who's asking? Are you French? An airbag is a safety device in a car that inflates during a collision and blocks you from smashing your head into the dashboard or steering wheel!

pritch said:
I play ZDoom every day, going back over all the 1000s of pwads I've downloaded on this 56k. I love it as much as ever. I love ZDaemon as well but sadly the ping is always atrocious.
You play-test for me too :P

Old Post 06-19-02 01:28 #
Kid Airbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
pritch
Super Moderator

Archvile64 said:
You play-test for me too :P

Heh, yeah, I make these really incisive techie comments like "this is 1337!"

BTW when's the rest of DOM out?

Old Post 06-21-02 23:41 #
pritch is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kid Airbag
Not really a kid. Not really an airbag. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!? Who's asking? Are you French? An airbag is a safety device in a car that inflates during a collision and blocks you from smashing your head into the dashboard or steering wheel!

Linguica said:
I just finished playing ZDaemon :P I was down like 38-30 at one point in that dwango5 map07 level before tying it at 49-49 and losing in that last frag.
Heh, you actually played ZDaemon?

I remember playing someone in that BFG spamming level (map 14 I think) of D5, and they had the name Linguica. I was owning but then both "Ling" and the other dude who were playing quit...I didn't think that was actually you, though, cause faggots always seem to think it's funny to change their names randomly.

Old Post 06-23-02 06:51 #
Kid Airbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kid Airbag

pritch said:

Heh, yeah, I make these really incisive techie comments like "this is 1337!"

BTW when's the rest of DOM out?

Uh...when it's done ^_^

Seriously, I actually do work on it, I have about 3 1/2 levels done so far (the released E1M3, plus E1M8, E1M9, and half of E1M4). Don't ask about the random order of making levels, I just make stuff whenever I get a good idea for it.

E1M4 is pretty cool though, it uses a lot of those silent teleports which I find to be extremely cool, especially for idiots like me who are too techie-illiterate to learn scripting or use Edge, which supports 3d floors.

Old Post 06-23-02 06:55 #