Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VGames

What types of enemies do u like killing most in games??

Monsters who make crunchy noises when killed. Hexen's ones sound very satisfying to kill with the axe.

Anyway: indeed demons are the most suitable kill for me. They're 100% fictional and likely made to be killed or kill you. On the other hand I don't find it very satisfying to kill undead: most likely they return to life. And I'm not comfortable killing animals or humans (though it makes sense from a self-defense view).

I like monsters who burn or especially explode when killed, especially when they can trigger explosive chain reactions.

Missile command missiles and space invaders. There's something satisfying knowing that with evey one you destroy you've saved the planet.

I enjoy killing the ones with the most satisfying deaths (as morbid as it sounds).

Quake 1, Quake 2 and Soldier of Fortune were some of the games where shooting out some of the weakest enemies could be both entertaining and satisfying in addition adds an element of tactical shooting (SoF at least anyway).

Shoot at his leg and the guy limps in pain and disabled for a few seconds. Or like in Quake some enemies fall to the ground in pain or sit back up and take a last few shots at you. It's all fun, especially when the deaths vary.

So in most of these games... trash mobs are my choice. However some of the best moments are with the tough rare guys. It's just that usually a simple tactic takes their threat away from them.

I like enemies that are tall, fat and ugly. Like the Mancubi in Doom and the fat Zombies in Blood. I don't know why, but they look so cool, and killing them is so much fun.

mrthejoshmon said:

Pushing 2D worms into bodies of water with an old granny and a pidgeon.

Lolwtf?!

I like killing the Khazra goatmen in Diablo 2, also all four factions in Mass Effect 3's multiplayer are fun to kill.

I know this isn't exactly what the OP meant, but I love the cannon fodder. Nothing like clearing out a wave of baddies in a matter of seconds - doubly so if it gives you a sweet weapon to use (koopa troopas and their shells, shotgun guys, etc etc)

The boss/tough enemies in Wonderboy In Monsterland, especially if they can be corner-fucked (which can be done to a lot of them).

Spider Masterminds in Doom with either the SSG or BFG. With the SSG, there's something strangely satisfying in knowing that no pellet goes to waste with them. With the BFG, idem. No tracer goes to waste with those big, wide targets ;-)

I just noticed how much I like to kill Falmer, dirty stinking filthy falmer.

I like to slice them up, I like to burn/shock/freeze them to death, to crush them like the bugs they are, to rip out their soul and stick it in a gem to add to my collection of falmer souls, to throw them off cliffs and hear them splat, to disolve them and most importantly reanimate them and make them kill more falmer.

I hate falmer.

Wait wait.... can I change my answer to "hipsters?" Where is the hipster murdering simulator? I have a feeling that suddenly the travesty that is "Hatred" would be praised for being "Hatred: Hipster Edition." Well that's a little hateful of me to say. I'm not even sure I know what the concrete definition of hipster is.

LOL looking up the Urban Dictionary definition its a pair of text walls: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hipster

Remember how I said "killing humans" was my first? Well it really depends on the game honestly. When I think of Hatred's humans, I don't think wow this is fun. There has to be some sort of a challenge.

I'm not picky if I like the game enough. What pisses me off is when games have NPCs I can't kill. That's just bad design. Or if I can't kill them for some controversial reason then it's just lazy morality. If you're so eager to give into the moral guardians that you won't let me put an arrow or a plasma bolt through the children then you're no artist at all.

Aliotroph? I agree with you, but there should be some kind of fallback mechanism in place, like the game generates a "new version" to fill the slot of the NPC you killed, provided that the NPC offered an exclusive service which can't be replicated anywhere else in the game. And sometimes, the "useful service" NPC just bugs out and hates you for no reason, and refuses to do any transaction with you. Which means there should be a way to murder the useless prick, and let the game generate a new guy to take his place so you can "start clean" with a new NPC who has a similar importance as the last guy. I don't think the "starting clean" process should be immediate, in fact there should probably be some quest, penalty, or investment required to generate the fresh NPC. All of my butthurt stems from this guy, who was the only Master Thief who fenced stolen goods in TES: IV Oblivion. http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Fathis_Ules Inevitably I would find a way to piss him off so he wouldn't even have a dialogue with me.

But yeah, I agree I should be able to kill children NPCs whenever the whim strikes me.

geo said:

Wait wait.... can I change my answer to "hipsters?" Where is the hipster murdering simulator?

Well, in Postal 2 you often can (or have to) fight various types of activists and protesters. Not quite hipsters, but close enough ;-)

Demons, Nazis, authority figures, generic enemies that are given an interesting backstory or a twist (the Replicas in F.E.A.R.), morbid designs.

Another would be stormtroopers in the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series, they were always fun to kill either by dismembering them with lightsabers, throwing them off the edge or into the air with force lightning and force grip, and by merely headshotting them with weapons.

1. Robots / automatons\t (i.e. soulless, machine-y things),
2. Armoured, Medieval things\t (i.e. blue-eyed knights from Demon's Souls),
3. 'Smart,' or at least well-animated humans\t (see: NOLF, Half-Life),
4. Dumb things, but lots of 'em\t (e.g. zombies, imps, spawn (Halo)),
5. Interesting combinations of archetypes\t (i.e. a 'heavy' in front of several, lighter trooper-types).

yukib1t said:

Capitalists

My man.

I'd have to say the most satisfying feeling is gibbing someone/thing into oblivion, or blowing the frick out of an enemy fighter in a dogfight. I'm talkin' Freespace.

I enjoy killing enemies whose AI seems dumb, predictable and "non-sentient", and who still have potential to pose an actual challenge in the given situation (they posess strength, some strategical advantage, or appear in high numbers).

Appearance of the NPCs doesn't matter that much. For example, the AI of enemies in 2D platform games tends to be as much simplistic and "non-sentient" as robotic, even if the enemies physically appear as humans and/or living and/or highly sentient beings. I consider them "non-sentient" anyway. And as such, I can enjoy killing them.

The challenge aspect is also important. If the enemy walks slowly, or even stays in a restricted place and unable to harm me until I choose to come close, chances are that killing it won't be satisfying. Killing for the sake of killing (and/or seeing gore) usually isn't satisfying, specially not in long term. Killing for the sake of surviving has the potential to be satisfying eternally, provided that combat setups keep being new and don't repeat.

To be honest, I don't enjoy killing NPCs that appear sentient because I would regret them. I imagine them as parts of the game's universe, unaware of the fact that it's just a game where they are left to the mercy of a player who is "above" the game (savvy knowledge, can retry after losing, etc) and therefore it's just unfair against them.

An entirely different situation is deathmatch / competitive game against real players, whose "savvi-ness" (in and out of the game) matches my own one. In that case, I do enjoy killing opponents in a balanced match. I almost never play multiplayer, though, I prefer singleplayer.