Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Little Faith

Megasphere poll.

Does the megasphere belong anywhere in a deathmatch map?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Does the megasphere belong anywhere in a deathmatch map?

• yes.
    • No!

999cop said:

Doom2 Map01 and Dwango5 Map01 own all.

I don't get why Dwango5 is so popular, it really isn't that good...

999cop said:

You'd become to be able to survive from 3 shots of Super-shotgun once you have extra fully health and extra fully armor points up to 200/200 by picking up a Megasphere.

Tell me, is there any db shotgun toting enemies in the single player of Doom 2?
I must've missed something then.

May I inform you, Dsm, that this thread started as a thread about the megasphere in deathmatch levels.

On a sidenote I once got the idea of making a conversion with new monsters. Amongst others a super shotgun toting pink demon.

Then I thought again and realised it would be a boring idea. It would just result in a kind of shoot first or be dead combat which I think is inappropriate for Doom SP. The cyberdemon might be able to kill you with one rocket blast, but there you get the chance to dodge. Not so with a super shotgun. Therefore I would rather not see any monsters with super shotguns.

bigbadgangsta said:

cuz' it's got a bunch of decent gameplay maps in it, such as d5m1, d5m2, d5m5, d5m6, d5m7, d5m10, d5m11, d5m14, and d5m18. Some other custom wads are excellent as well.

999cop said:

cuz' it's got a bunch of decent gameplay maps in it, such as d5m1, d5m2, d5m5, d5m6, d5m7, d5m10, d5m11, d5m14, and d5m18. Some other custom wads are excellent as well.

Um...exactly...the levels are DECENT. If I'm going to have to select from a list of 12 servers and 9 are playing a wad I want that fucker to be GODLY not decent.

Little Faith said:
May I inform you, Dsm, that this thread started as a thread about the megasphere in deathmatch levels.

I know, but threads can often move a little off-topic - I was interested in the SP issue.

Then I thought again and realised it would be a boring idea. It would just result in a kind of shoot first or be dead combat which I think is inappropriate for Doom SP. The cyberdemon might be able to kill you with one rocket blast, but there you get the chance to dodge. Not so with a super shotgun. Therefore I would rather not see any monsters with super shotguns.

*Ahem* the shotgun guy can shoot you up to FOUR times at point blank range with a sb shotgun before you die (that's without armour and that's in UV), so if they just made a db toting former human sarge, they'd only need to double the damage of a regular, sb shotty toting sarge and make their attack useless at long ranges and bingo, you've got an enemy that can inflict some pain, but is still easy to beat (because of longer reload time).

I'll try and shut up now.

No, it wasn't meant that way. I was also interested in the SP side of the case. You should just know that some participants in this thread might be talking about DM before you criticize them from your SP viewpoint.

It's all a case of: Goddag mand økseskaft. (Sorry only know the danish expression for that).

Little Faith said:

It's all a case of: Goddag mand økseskaft. (Sorry only know the danish expression for that).

Det er indforstået :-]

Oh man - shotgun-toting demons? Why not just give lost souls plasma rifles while you're at it?

bigbadgangsta said:

Since when do you play D5?

bigbadgangsta said:

Um...exactly...the levels are DECENT. If I'm going to have to select from a list of 12 servers and 9 are playing a wad I want that fucker to be GODLY not decent.

You have no idea how much potentialities it has in those levels.
Well, what would be the *best* selection you have in mind?

dsm said:

know, but threads can often move a little off-topic - I was interested in the SP issue.

I'm sorry about my area under discussion isn't pulling towards you. Personally, I'm more a deathmatcher than a solo player

Littel Faith said:Does the megasphere belong anywhere in a Deathmatch map?

There's nothing more annoying than a well placed SSG shot and your opponnent being evneloped in blood and yet remain standing when the dust settles and the blood clears. The biggest power up I generally put in my maps is green armor. It's more fun to die easily and be able to kill easily than to die hard and have a helluva time killing your opponent. After all, it's the killing that makes DM fun. =)

Think of it this way: what would be more fun: if the players had 20 health or 400 health at start? If they had 400, no one would ever die, unless you had no item respawn on, which, imo, is sorta dumb. If they had 20 health, there would be constant gratification. ^_^ 100 seems to be just right. Although I once wanted to make the player have 30 or 40 health and allow powerups and stuff. So megasphered out you'd be equal to 120 to 160 health (if you start out with 40 health, a soul sphere would give you 80 and mega armor would give you 80 armor making you equivalent to 160 health. I think this could be a lot of fun, (it also allows there to be more items to get in a dm map, which should add to the fun), but I don't think it's possible to change the player's maximum health.