Ouchface
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > The G8 Summit

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 10:04. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Insomniak
Doesn't Sleep!

Well, in case any of you didn't know, the annual G8 meeting is taking place in Kananaskis (a large area in the mountains neer Banff). Anyways, there are expected to be lots of protesters like in the Seattle and Quebec City riots. Starting this weekend, there will be no air traffic all the way west to the B.C. border (except american fighter jets), moble SAM batteries, and increased security.

Anyways, what's your opinion? Are these protesters right or wrong? Should the top 8 countries in the world own 2/3rds of the worlds money?

Old Post 06-13-02 00:57 #
Insomniak is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
fodders
OWNS YOU

I seem to remember Canada volunteered to hold it on top of a mountain so as to make it difficult for protests after the last violent ones? And yes we should

You are my opponent, but not my enemy, for your resistance gives me strength. Your will gives me courage. Your spirit ennobles me. And, although I aim to defeat you, should I succeed, I will not humiliate you, instead I will honour you..For without you, I am a lesser man.

Last edited by fodders on 06-13-02 at 12:06

Old Post 06-13-02 01:00 #
fodders is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
aca
tnt

The protesters are right.

Old Post 06-13-02 01:05 #
aca is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
IMJack
Web Radio Geek

British Columbia is a beautiful place. Vancouver is one of the nicest cities I've ever visited.

About the protests? I fail to care. That the world's top 8 countries control all the money is immeterial; things will get interesting in a few years when the corporations that control all the money (and reside in those 8 countries) gain extraterritory status and brush the dust of the 8 countries from their political sandals.

Old Post 06-13-02 06:22 #
IMJack is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Danarchy
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!

I so want to live in Vancouver. It's like the coolest fucking place I've been to, and its only about 6-8 hours from my current home.

Old Post 06-13-02 06:47 #
Danarchy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
dsm
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

The protesters are respectless assholes, who only want to cause trouble (you can tell that I hate rioters).
Now if they learned to demonstrate PEACEFULLY, I would probably take them more serious.

Old Post 06-13-02 09:46 #
dsm is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
elbryan42
Your Friendly Neighborhood Cacodemon

Hopefully this doesn't delay my shipment of computer parts... :P

Your Nightmare is on the horizon. The Absolution is coming...

Old Post 06-13-02 09:57 #
elbryan42 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lüt
Administrator

G8 summit?

Old Post 06-13-02 11:19 #
Lüt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote