Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Davidoom

Best Tool album

what's the best tool album produced?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. what's the best tool album produced?

• undertow
    • aenima
    • salival
    • lateralus
    • opiate
    • I don\'t care for tool

You forgot Opiate.

Anyway it depends. Lateralus was the most impressive musically but Maynard's job on the lyrics and vocals for it was just terrible compared to the older albums. AEnima flowed the best, it's the only tool album that I don't want to remix to fit my own tastes. Undertow is my personal favorite, the Undertow songs were just the most fun to listen to (I think Four Degrees is my favorite Tool song ever). Opiate was so-so and the Salival live disc just sucks. There.

EDIT: BTW turn this into a music flamewar and I'll whip some ass mighty fast, I'm likely going be here all day.

Doom II Guy said:

there should be an option for none!

There. I added Opiate too.

It's a tie between Opiate and Lateralus for me.

hey, didn't I already make this poll?

Oh well, heh.

I just bought Undertow yesterday, and I liked every track on it. Ænima was good, but had too many pointless tracks (4,8,12,and 14), and Lateralus is just a little too prog rock. I havn't listened to Opiate yet.

I vote Undertow. You can realy feel Maynards emotions in the songs.

While we're talking about Tool, What's your favorite Tool Video?

Sorry, but I don't wan't to have two Tool polls up at once.

Hush
Prison Sex
Sober
Stinkfist
Ænima
Schism
Parabola

?

I voted Aenima, the weird sounds in between each song is pretty cool I think, I don't think all albums should be based upon song strucutres one after another...

Best video..

I'd say Prison Sex, them doll things are freaky...I haven't seen many of the other videos..

I voted of Ænima even though i'm kinda stumped. I also like Lateralus. It really blew me away and had such an intense mood. But then I remember that Ænima had the exact same effect. So I must say that Ænima is number 1 with Lateralus right at it's tails.

Liam the Bard said:

AEnima flowed the best, it's the only tool album that I don't want to remix to fit my own tastes.

Odd. Thats the only album I would actualy re-make. I'd take out all of those retarded filler tracks and put in a song or two from Salival.

Heh...I used to like that song. But I think the best song on that CD is Aenema, followed closely by Third Eye and maybe 46 & 2.

Insomniac said:

heh...whenever I get stoned, I put on Third Eye.

Tool is totaly triptastic. Them and Pink Floyd.

Unfortunately, I've never been stoned so I can't say they are great to trip ON. So whateverthemuthafuck.

I prefer to trip to Jean Michel Jarre.

I listen to Tool in order to get inspiration for Doom wads though.