Demon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > John Romero is teaching at University of Texas at Dallas
Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 05:12. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
999cop
Constrained Owing to Lot

"The overall class for programming is going to be designing a game engine, and all the components that go into the game engine; the networking, the drawing subsystem, the input system, all the major components," Mr. Romero said.
http://www.dallasnews.com/business/...mero.4f557.html

Old Post 07-07-02 03:32 #
999cop is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Duker900
You don't see me

heh that will probably be an interesting class, I just wonder if romero will take 6 years to finish anything in it

Old Post 07-07-02 03:35 #
Duker900 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Naked Snake
HAHA I AM A FAG AND I CAN'T CHANGE THIS TITLE ANYMORE

"Ok class, your project is to make me a sweet Dakatana 2(sp?) engine!"

Old Post 07-07-02 03:36 #
Naked Snake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Duker900
You don't see me

"Your projected release date should be the end of this quarter, but you will all have a seven year lean for the overdue"

Old Post 07-07-02 03:41 #
Duker900 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
IMJack
Web Radio Geek

Unfortunately, since Ling doesn't allow HTML encoding in the forums, I will be unable to grace you with 200-point, flashing, neon-green and flourescent-orange letters spelling out "OWNED" whilst a MIDI of "We Are The Champions" loops in the background. So I'm just going to say: Go Comets.

Heh, and here the SGDA guy was worried about scraping together enough cash for Romero's speaking fees. Goddamn I'm glad I chose this school. :-P

Old Post 07-07-02 03:47 #
IMJack is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Naked Snake

IMJack said:
Goddamn I'm glad I chose this school. :-P

Will you be taking classes with Romero? TELL HIM TO DROP BY THE FORUMS!!

Old Post 07-07-02 03:58 #
Naked Snake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
fodders
OWNS YOU

Would it be soooooo cool to get a Tardy Slip signed by John Romero?

You are my opponent, but not my enemy, for your resistance gives me strength. Your will gives me courage. Your spirit ennobles me. And, although I aim to defeat you, should I succeed, I will not humiliate you, instead I will honour you..For without you, I am a lesser man.

Old Post 07-07-02 04:03 #
fodders is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Naked Snake

fodders said:

Yeah, then sell it on e-bay and make $500

Old Post 07-07-02 04:28 #
999cop
Constrained Owing to Lot

The coolest thing you could ever do in front of Romero is suspending by him, lol

Old Post 07-07-02 04:38 #
999cop is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
fodders
OWNS YOU

Nahhh ass raping him in the toilet

You are my opponent, but not my enemy, for your resistance gives me strength. Your will gives me courage. Your spirit ennobles me. And, although I aim to defeat you, should I succeed, I will not humiliate you, instead I will honour you..For without you, I am a lesser man.

Old Post 07-07-02 04:49 #
fodders is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Naked Snake

No, cutting his head off, sticking it on a spike then taking a picture!

Old Post 07-07-02 05:24 #
Duker900
You don't see me

^bbg's post

and posting the pic online with the MAP30 sound playing in a constant loop

Old Post 07-07-02 05:38 #
gatewatcher
Dirt Dog faithful

bigbadgangsta said:
No, cutting his head off, sticking it on a spike then taking a picture!

sure, that will do.

Old Post 07-07-02 06:03 #
gatewatcher is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
IMJack
Web Radio Geek

Heh, this is college. They honestly don't care if you attend the lectures or not.

Nahhh ass raping him in the toilet
You've never seen our toilets. *shudder* Nobody even wants to take a leak in the restrooms. That's how scary they are. You'd die from infection before you even opened your pants.

I'm wondering how long Romero and Hall will be able to cope with what will ultimately become a pack of drooling fanboys. %P

Old Post 07-07-02 06:24 #
IMJack is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Night-Fang
Mini-Member

I'd rather be taught by a professional...

Old Post 07-07-02 06:46 #
Night-Fang is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Danarchy
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!

Heh...you should slash the tires of his fancy car, whatever the Hell he drives now.

Old Post 07-07-02 07:21 #
Danarchy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Davidoom

Hey man leave Romero alone. That DallasNews aritcle doesn't cover enough what he did for iD Software, oh well...

Btw, does anyone else laugh at ION Storm's rename to 'Monkeystone'..?

Old Post 07-07-02 09:22 #
Davidoom is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
spank
I'm afraid of Americans

Davidoom said:
WTF? Heh.

Old Post 07-07-02 12:01 #
spank is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
NiGHTMARE
Forum Legend

No because Monkeystone is a completely new company. ION Storm still exists, and is currently working on Deus Ex 2 and Thief 3.

Old Post 07-07-02 16:19 #
NiGHTMARE is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Shaviro
Team Future Chief

bigbadgangsta said:

Will you be taking classes with Romero? TELL HIM TO DROP BY THE FORUMS!!

I can tell him to drop by the forums...

Old Post 07-07-02 16:23 #
Shaviro is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
darknation
Forum Staple

Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach.

Old Post 07-07-02 16:54 #
darknation is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Danarchy

And those who can't teach make Daikatana.

Old Post 07-07-02 17:45 #
Danarchy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
gatewatcher
Dirt Dog faithful

DavidDoom: way to steal my avatar's eyes :P jk, i don't care.

anyway, Monkeystone is John Romero's new company that makes games for handheld devices. HyperSpace delivery boy is one of those.

Old Post 07-07-02 18:16 #
gatewatcher is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
darknation
Forum Staple

You stole your avatar from mewse retard.

Old Post 07-07-02 18:23 #
darknation is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
gatewatcher
Dirt Dog faithful

darknation said:
You stole your avatar from mewse retard.

no, i used BBG's avatar as the base of the fish. i got rid of the little mowhawk thing it had, ditched the big round eyes, made my own eyes, added horns and colored the fish red. nothing is really stolen.

Old Post 07-07-02 18:27 #
Danarchy

But Mewse was the original, tardcake.

Old Post 07-07-02 18:38 #
gatewatcher
Dirt Dog faithful

the_Danarchist said:
But Mewse was the original, tardcake.

o, the first fish you mean. ok. fine.

Old Post 07-07-02 18:42 #
LordTrasher

Romero's teaching about engines and crap? I thought John Carmack did all the engine-related shite at iD.

And BTW, on the whole Monkeybone thing, apparently the Dopefish WILL make a return in Hyperspace Delivery Boy.

Old Post 07-10-02 10:44 #
LordTrasher is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Naked Snake

gatewatcher said:

no, i used BBG's avatar as the base of the fish. i got rid of the little mowhawk thing it had, ditched the big round eyes, made my own eyes, added horns and colored the fish red. nothing is really stolen.

I need to make my own fish. I did once but I lost it. It was pretty neat.

Old Post 07-10-02 11:00 #
darknation
Forum Staple

LordTrasher said:
Romero's teaching about engines and crap? I thought John Carmack did all the engine-related shite at iD.
Romero's teaching game design I belive, not programming.

LordTrasher said:And BTW, on the whole Monkeybone thing, apparently the Dopefish WILL make a return in Hyperspace Delivery Boy.
not will, has.

Old Post 07-10-02 15:41 #