Doom Comic
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > Favorite music?
What's your favorite music?
This poll is closed.
Rock (specify type) 3 15.79%
Metal (specify type) 5 26.32%
Rap 1 5.26%
Pop 0 0%
Techno 1 5.26%
Classical 2 10.53%
Punk 1 5.26%
Ambient 0 0%
Alternative 3 15.79%
None of the above 1 5.26%
Industrial 2 10.53%
Total: 19 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 19:24. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
footman
gimme DWJ3!

what's your favorite music? i like Metal (all types except rap metal)

"I think the truth is that all the stars in the universe are actualy celestial sperm inside a pair of intergalactic testicles and that black holes suck them up and shoot them up an astral urethra and into the great eternal vagina." -Danarchy

Old Post 07-12-02 18:56 #
footman is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Danarchy
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!

Where exactly would industrial fit on this list?

Old Post 07-12-02 19:01 #
Danarchy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Amaster
Artificial Mechanical Android Skilled in Troubleshooting and Efficient Repair

Industrial goes under metal IMO.

I mostly listen to punk, but there's also metal, 80's pop, and a wee bit of techno/electronica (whatever you want to call it). Really I'll listen to anything but rap.

Old Post 07-12-02 19:03 #
Amaster is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Danarchy

You can't really put Industrial under metal though, since there are many bands that lack a metal feel. Hell, it doesn't even fit under rock considering weird bands like Throbbing Gristle and Neubauten.

Old Post 07-12-02 19:10 #
Danarchy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Davidoom

Can't wait till someone votes pop.

I vote rock > I specify grunge.

Old Post 07-12-02 19:54 #
Davidoom is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Spike
Team Future has a new Giger-esque in the works

Industrial, please.

Old Post 07-12-02 20:00 #
Spike is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Danarchy

Where should I vote for industrial? Rock? Alternative? Other? Huh? Huh? Huh?

Old Post 07-13-02 00:19 #
Little Faith
Rigtige mænd er voldtægtsmænd

Industrial is usually found under alternative in record stores.

Most people live under the delusion that industrial is a metal subgenre because the only things they've heard is Nine Inch Nails and Ministry (which aren't real industrial BTW) while industrial is, in fact closer related to electro.

Old Post 07-13-02 00:32 #
Little Faith is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
darknation
Forum Staple

/me votes industrial

Old Post 07-13-02 00:56 #
darknation is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Liam
the Bard formerly known as the Bard

There, industrial added. If you're so picky that you need your vote in the right option then just tell me which of the other genres you voted for and I'll move a vote over.

Old Post 07-13-02 01:06 #
Liam is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
fraggle
Filled with the code of Doom

whatever suits my mood

I find it incredibly dull to box yourself in to one particular genre.

Old Post 07-13-02 01:53 #
fraggle is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lüt
Administrator

Anything that's done well, most of my stuff is along the lines of metal/industrial/rock though. And soundtracks.

Old Post 07-13-02 01:54 #
Lüt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
fraggle
Filled with the code of Doom

Little Faith said:
Most people live under the delusion that industrial is a metal subgenre because the only things they've heard is Nine Inch Nails and Ministry (which aren't real industrial BTW) while industrial is, in fact closer related to electro.
Who cares? Is there really any point in trying to fit everything into genres and subgenres? No matter how hard you try to put everything into boxes, there will always be bands creating music that wont fit in one particular box.

In the end, its the music that matters. If you like a song, listen to it and enjoy it. If you like a band, listen to them and enjoy them. Arguing over whether xyz is "Industrial" or "Electro" or "Hardcore electro techno industrial metalcore" seems to me to be a huge waste of time.

Old Post 07-13-02 02:00 #
fraggle is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

It's usually rock or metal for me.

Old Post 07-13-02 02:24 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Melee
Warming Up

Yep its all about the classics, batoven, mozart, and my fravorite the other guy. The reason i like classical opera is when i am legaly able to drive im going to cruse around my town, looking or hear for those punks the blast out rap music, and fight back with my favorite music, opera, set at voliume 13. That will be payment enough for driving by at 12:00 at night blasting away with there "music" if u can call it that. Any way thats my idea of humane punishment.

Old Post 07-13-02 04:28 #
Melee is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Amaster
Artificial Mechanical Android Skilled in Troubleshooting and Efficient Repair

Melee said:
Yep its all about the classics, batoven, mozart, and my fravorite the other guy. The reason i like classical opera is when i am legaly able to drive im going to cruse around my town, looking or hear for those punks the blast out rap music, and fight back with my favorite music, opera, set at voliume 13. That will be payment enough for driving by at 12:00 at night blasting away with there "music" if u can call it that. Any way thats my idea of humane punishment.

I have done something similar in Harlem, the thugs didnt react very well.

Old Post 07-13-02 05:48 #
Amaster is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Danarchy

Liam the Bard said:
There, industrial added. If you're so picky that you need your vote in the right option then just tell me which of the other genres you voted for and I'll move a vote over.

THANK YOU LIAM

/me hugs

Old Post 07-13-02 09:02 #
GS-1719
Illuminated

There should be an option for 'nothing in particular'.

Old Post 07-13-02 22:46 #
GS-1719 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Shaviro
Team Future Chief

I can't really put my finger on it. I like some music because it reminds me of something.

Old Post 07-13-02 23:15 #
Shaviro is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Captain Red
Pants

Maonth said:
I can't really put my finger on it. I like some music because it reminds me of something.

umm, yeah... ditto.

Old Post 07-14-02 05:20 #
Captain Red is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Little Faith
Rigtige mænd er voldtægtsmænd

Melee said:

I once had a piano teacher. She was almost impossible to have a telephone conversation with because some kind of sonata was always blasting at full volume in the background drowning out normal speech.

Old Post 07-14-02 11:44 #
Little Faith is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote