Spider Mastermind
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > Internet=screwy

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 06:24. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

Strangely, I actually got offline to go play a game of ZDoom. This was about an hour and a half ago where I live. Anyway, after playing ZDoom, I decided I'd re-connect. Then the monitor flashes me a screen stating "Modem not detected. Please connect a modem and try again."
Well, needless to say I was a little flummoxed by this. However, when I tried again shortly thereafter, I was connected to the Internet!

Has anyone had any similar experiences like this one?

Old Post 07-12-02 19:20 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Julian

Doomboy,

Use the right forum or you'll most probably get banned.

Old Post 07-12-02 19:21 #
Julian is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooMBoy
Heh

Uh, sorry about that. My mistake :)

Old Post 07-12-02 19:58 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Davidoom

I had that problem once, managed to fix it but that was like a year ago. Luckily my ISP comes with a diagnosis client which detects errors and hickups like that, most usually it doesn't function though. Heh.

Old Post 07-12-02 19:59 #
Davidoom is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
fraggle
Filled with the code of Doom

OMG You broke the internet!

Old Post 07-12-02 20:19 #
fraggle is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
fodders
OWNS YOU

DooMBoy said:
This was about an hour and a half ago where I live.
Your dimension has a different time? Was it like, an hour ago where I live?

You are my opponent, but not my enemy, for your resistance gives me strength. Your will gives me courage. Your spirit ennobles me. And, although I aim to defeat you, should I succeed, I will not humiliate you, instead I will honour you..For without you, I am a lesser man.

Old Post 07-12-02 21:00 #
fodders is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
spank
I'm afraid of Americans

That probably was an ad by a broadband ISP.

Old Post 07-12-02 21:01 #
spank is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
gatewatcher
Dirt Dog faithful

DooMBoy's computer has been caught in a temporal vortex.

Old Post 07-12-02 21:51 #
gatewatcher is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooMBoy
Heh

fodders said:
Your dimension has a different time? Was it like, an hour ago where I live?

No, f00l, I live in the USA, you live in England...fah, they might as well be different dimensions...
:)

Old Post 07-12-02 22:39 #
DooMBoy
Heh

fraggle said:
OMG You broke the internet!

No, the Internet almost broke me, cause I couldn't get on. ;P

Old Post 07-12-02 22:41 #
fodders
OWNS YOU

Yeees but an hour and a half ago is the same wherever you live, not just "an hour and a half ago where I live." :)

You are my opponent, but not my enemy, for your resistance gives me strength. Your will gives me courage. Your spirit ennobles me. And, although I aim to defeat you, should I succeed, I will not humiliate you, instead I will honour you..For without you, I am a lesser man.

Old Post 07-12-02 23:18 #
fodders is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote