Ouchface
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > Fish Avatars - Cease and Desist
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 17:23. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Jon
Freedoom Bloke

Every time I see a fish 'homage' I feel good about myself and how we are being honoured.

Old Post 07-13-02 18:39 #
Jon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lord FlatHead
man overboard

Noooo ! Not teh sideburned phish !

Old Post 07-13-02 18:42 #
Lord FlatHead is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kid Airbag
Not really a kid. Not really an airbag. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!? Who's asking? Are you French? An airbag is a safety device in a car that inflates during a collision and blocks you from smashing your head into the dashboard or steering wheel!

Uh, what the fuck, so you're going to ban me if I don't stop using the fish avatar that I've had on my hard drive for over six months and have been using on these forums for over four even though no one has ever complained about it before?

Old Post 07-13-02 19:02 #
Kid Airbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
spank
I'm afraid of Americans

... it's a joke...

Old Post 07-13-02 19:37 #
spank is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
999cop
Constrained Owing to Lot

Time to switch to a shark.

Old Post 07-13-02 20:15 #
999cop is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
spank
I'm afraid of Americans

Yes sharks are mammals! :D

Old Post 07-13-02 20:34 #
spank is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
stphrz
I use a blowtorch to make crme brle

Hey can some talented bastich who's good with graphics make me a Lobo fish?

Old Post 07-13-02 20:50 #
stphrz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BlackFish
Forum Spammer

ahh man. some fishes are cool and some are not. this probably explains how bbg had a cool fish to a crappy elf. :(

Old Post 07-13-02 21:01 #
BlackFish is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doom II Guy

IMJack said:
This fish is so good that John Romero ripped it to use as a standard avatar in his new forums!

Eh, can anyone point me in the direcction of his forum?

Old Post 07-13-02 21:36 #
Doom II Guy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Spike
Team Future has a new Giger-esque in the works

Who needs fish when you can have headfucked smiling corpses?

Old Post 07-13-02 21:43 #
Spike is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doom-Child
Wears the man-pants in this family

God you people scare me.

DC

Old Post 07-13-02 21:48 #
Doom-Child is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Hellbent
Forum Bellend

Heh, I just made a fishy from scratch in like 10 minutes using Pbrush.exe zoomed in at 800% with 36x36 pixel image size. :)

http://schmolze.com/~jacobi/fish9.bmp

Right click on the URL and chooose "Save Target As" and save it to your Desktop.

What if software archaeologists unearthed levels from the original DooM 1 that had somehow been lost and never made it into the original release of DooM? Project Doom the way id did explores what those levels might look like.

Old Post 07-13-02 21:55 #
Hellbent is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BlackFish
Forum Spammer

the archvile avatar was better

Old Post 07-13-02 21:56 #
BlackFish is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Shaviro
Team Future Chief

Nuno Correia said:

O_o

Old Post 07-13-02 23:11 #
Shaviro is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BlackFish
Forum Spammer

Arioch said: Dear assholes and lunatics:

It has come to my attention that you have created and are using various fish avatar icons for your forum profiles. Unfortunately, your avatar icons misuse the
original fish icons of mewse, fraggle, tom, etc., in a manner that dilutes the unique character of said fish icons. We respect your right under the First Amendment to
use whatever the hell avatar icon you choose, however we must object to your use of the fishes and the violations of our own creative effort your current
endeavours represent. Therefore, we ask that you immediately cease and desist from using fish avatar icons.

Please make the change requested above by the end of day of July 20th. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

hmm. barely anybody's cooperating

Old Post 07-13-02 23:16 #
Liam
the Bard formerly known as the Bard

Spike said:
Who needs fish when you can have headfucked smiling corpses?

Yeah I wanted to use a Waita Uziga artwork here but they don't quite fit in 36x36 pixel boxes :|

Old Post 07-13-02 23:46 #
Liam is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kid Airbag
Not really a kid. Not really an airbag. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!? Who's asking? Are you French? An airbag is a safety device in a car that inflates during a collision and blocks you from smashing your head into the dashboard or steering wheel!

RailGunner said:
the archvile avatar was better
It was too boring though.

Old Post 07-14-02 00:15 #
Kid Airbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
esayeek

just because you said that i may switch to a fishie.

Old Post 07-14-02 00:57 #
esayeek is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Rellik
Knock Knock
Who's there?

A treat for the freaks, truth or dare.

Old Post 07-14-02 01:24 #
Rellik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BlackFish
Forum Spammer

im a fish now.
i made bbg's new fish.

Old Post 07-14-02 02:03 #
gatewatcher
Dirt Dog faithful

RailGunner said:
im a fish now.
i made bbg's new fish.

wtf is the blinking dot on the lower right of you avatar?

Old Post 07-14-02 02:11 #
gatewatcher is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Danarchy
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!

Are you ready for this? We don't care.

Old Post 07-14-02 02:13 #
Danarchy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BlackFish
Forum Spammer

the fish is holding a ssg and the gun is firing

Old Post 07-14-02 02:17 #
gatewatcher
Dirt Dog faithful

RailGunner said:
the fish is holding a ssg and the gun is firing

uh, i see a fish holding nothing with a blinking dot on the bottom right of the pic...

Old Post 07-14-02 02:20 #
gatewatcher is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BlackFish
Forum Spammer

now the pic makes sense

Old Post 07-14-02 02:25 #
gatewatcher
Dirt Dog faithful

RailGunner said:
now the pic makes sense

heh, well now that you can see the gun, it does.

Old Post 07-14-02 03:51 #
Kid Airbag

Gun? I thought that was a broomstick...

/me looks closer....

Old Post 07-14-02 04:14 #
gatewatcher
Dirt Dog faithful

Archvile64 said:
Gun? I thought that was a broomstick...

/me looks closer....

well it's a boomstick for sure, but i don't think it's a broomstick heh.

Old Post 07-14-02 04:20 #
TheHighestTree
Retard

Can you upload avatars? I'd really like to know that, as i have mad pixel skillz.

Old Post 07-14-02 04:31 #
TheHighestTree is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
fraggle
Filled with the code of Doom

Nuno Correia said:
Sharks are fish.

Old Post 07-14-02 04:32 #
fraggle is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote