Sarge
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > Omg! ECS Will Destroy Online Games For The Etenity...

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 10:02. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
999cop
Constrained Owing to Lot

For those who are unaware, the hardware manufacturer ECS is trying to release drivers with their new Xabre card and in all future products that allows people to turn on transparency and alter games allowing them to cheat in ANY game. ECS is surely bound to ruin all professional gaming and especially kill off any FPS playable online. Please do not support this company and speak out and sign the petition to stop them dead in their tracks.

Petition: http://www.petitiononline.com/ecsdrv/petition.html

Old Post 07-14-02 05:10 #
999cop is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Danarchy
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!

That is so lame.

/me signs

Old Post 07-14-02 05:18 #
Danarchy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Captain Red
Pants

there not the first to do something like this.

/me also signs

Old Post 07-14-02 05:27 #
Captain Red is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Naked Snake
HAHA I AM A FAG AND I CAN'T CHANGE THIS TITLE ANYMORE

Um...dude, don't people have to have the same files, and if a file is modified it won't work? How could this be possible? Like in Duke Nukem 3d you couldn't cheat because you had to have the same .con files. I'm pretty sure that modifying YOUR files wouldn't allow you to cheat because other people don't have the same files.

Old Post 07-14-02 05:44 #
Naked Snake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Captain Red
Pants

umm gl games are different to software games... it's to do with how it rendered through the card... I wish could explain it better, but i don't know much about it myself.

Old Post 07-14-02 05:58 #
Captain Red is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
IMJack
Web Radio Geek

Old news. I'd post a very special image here, but I know if I even tried I'd get the "I AM A MORON" X 10 treatment. (You regulars know what I'm talking about, tho.)

Besides, have these online petitions ever produced anything other than more spam in the signers' inboxes? The closest I'd seen to an online petition actually doing anything was when I got a form letter from my senator proving he's a computer-illiterate big-business stooge.

Check out a semitopical rant by Greg Graffin, singer, songwriter, and front-man for Bad Religion.

Old Post 07-14-02 06:01 #
IMJack is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Naked Snake
HAHA I AM A FAG AND I CAN'T CHANGE THIS TITLE ANYMORE

Ct_red_pants said:
umm gl games are different to software games... it's to do with how it rendered through the card... I wish could explain it better, but i don't know much about it myself.

Oh I get it now.

Old Post 07-14-02 06:07 #
Naked Snake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
fraggle
Filled with the code of Doom

You can always modify the driver to do it yourself using third party patches or whatever. Putting it in the driver just makes it easier. Leaving it out doesnt make it any more secure.

Old Post 07-14-02 15:45 #
fraggle is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
esayeek

fraggle said:
You can always modify the driver to do it yourself using third party patches or whatever. Putting it in the driver just makes it easier. Leaving it out doesnt make it any more secure.

how many patches do you know of for opengl drivers that allow this thing, other than the ones released by asus and ecs?

Old Post 07-14-02 17:04 #
esayeek is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Katarhyne
She's a MAN, baby!!

Lots. I myself have drivers for all the ATI cards, PowerVR, 3dfx, and even old Matrox cards (Parhelia notwithstanding - but forthcoming). It's not uncommon.

Old Post 07-15-02 17:53 #
Katarhyne is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
esayeek

ok i stand corrected, the cheaters are lamer than i thought.

Old Post 07-15-02 18:11 #
esayeek is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote