Reaper Grimm
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > Truth, justice, and the American way

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 09:12. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

So, just where does America right now in your eyes and are we on a downward spiral, or are we going forward?

Old Post 07-17-02 19:40 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Naked Snake
HAHA I AM A FAG AND I CAN'T CHANGE THIS TITLE ANYMORE

I think we are going forward but we're also making a few mistakes along the way.

Old Post 07-17-02 19:43 #
Naked Snake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Submerge
Dumboy traded my soul for pogs

going forward, and tripping over a few third world countries.

Old Post 07-17-02 19:44 #
Submerge is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GS-1719
Illuminated

It has been in a downward spiral ever since it decided to butt into everyone else's business.

The root cause for it's spiral is primarily greed.

Old Post 07-17-02 19:45 #
GS-1719 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
fodders
OWNS YOU

It's all fuelled by America's need for secure oil supplies

You are my opponent, but not my enemy, for your resistance gives me strength. Your will gives me courage. Your spirit ennobles me. And, although I aim to defeat you, should I succeed, I will not humiliate you, instead I will honour you..For without you, I am a lesser man.

Old Post 07-17-02 19:54 #
fodders is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
IMJack
Web Radio Geek

The U.S. has sat its butt down and isn't going anywhere, all claims and criticisms to the side. September 11th was a pretty hard blow, but it wasn't the kick in the balls that'll bring the American Century to its end.

I do think that said kick in the balls will happen in the next ten or so years. I think the world is starting to go down the "cyberpunk" route, with the big corporations superceding the national governments, rather than a "Big Brother" route with the government thought-controlling the plebes. The gummint is already a pawn of the Rich White Men's Club; throw in extraterritory and corp security teams with better guns and training than the Army, and you have the classic cyberpunk novel.

Old Post 07-17-02 20:04 #
IMJack is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
læmænt
BAND

IMJack said:
The U.S. has sat its butt down and isn't going anywhere, all claims and criticisms to the side. September 11th was a pretty hard blow, but it wasn't the kick in the balls that'll bring the American Century to its end.

No amount of terrorism will destroy the USA. But the Bush administration might.

Old Post 07-17-02 22:51 #
læmænt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Disorder
Boards of Canada

Lament said:
No amount of terrorism will destroy the USA. But the Bush administration might.
Well said.

Old Post 07-17-02 23:25 #
Disorder is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
darknation
Forum Staple

OSAMA BIN LADEN'S NEW TERRORIST THREAT TO AMERICA

"Fuck terrorism, I'm going to become an accountant!"*

*joke lifted from private eye

Old Post 07-17-02 23:42 #
darknation is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

America is still the most powerful nation on Earth, but if Bush keeps fucking around with the administration, it might well become the weakest.
Or that's what my dad says.

Old Post 07-18-02 00:22 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Sephiroth
O o
/¯_________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH LAZOR!!!
\_¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

we where going forward, however we just took a nose dive. look at business, drug use, and teen pregnacy. i say that in 15-35 years our wealfare/social security systems collapse or are removed. there are too many people useing it up and the government is so wasteful of funds( did u know they can LOSE a trillion dollars and not know where the hell it went. they will also lose track of planes and other military hardware) also bush is now giving money to churches as charity, but hell whats to stops those churches from only helping its people or its self. plus business is inflating profits to look good when infact they have been on a downward spiral. plus our country uses %51 of the worlds resourcses yet has a low population. Our economy has strong ties to oil that prevents some technology from being used, also oil is not forvevr it it is running out quick, i give it 70 years tops. things need to be changed yet dont because the political parties only try to defeat each other and rarly get any progress or it any prgress is repealed

Old Post 07-18-02 00:38 #
Sephiroth is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
JavaGuy

I think we're just kind of sitting in the same place we have for the past twenty years. Oh sure, big events have happened, but what's really different? We're building technology at about the same speed, and no one is paying attention to anything around them. Same old America.

My mind is an empty shell. Other's thoughts enter, bouncing off the walls an' echo. Never thinking for myself or but for myself I think. So now I've left it all behind finished 'least with a good deed. A long road awaits, and I'm on my own.... I feel pretty good.

Old Post 07-18-02 00:42 #
JavaGuy is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Danarchy
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!

The American government is moving forward like a juggernaut pushing the lives of the rest of the world and the concience of it's people into a downward spiral.

Old Post 07-18-02 04:52 #
Danarchy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Little Faith
Rigtige mænd er voldtægtsmænd

And Europe is not an inch better!

Old Post 07-19-02 16:13 #
Little Faith is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote