Doom monster
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > Bouncy Castles : The Best Thing Ever

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 03:23. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Spike
Team Future has a new Giger-esque in the works

Tuesday just gone - my buddy Peter threw his 21st b'day party at his place, and guess what? He only went and hired a bouncy castle.

You can just picture it. Fifteen 20-odd year olds, prancing round the place, tanked to the brim with carling, tequila, cheap wine and vodka-jelly. Naturally, the party theme was wrestling, complete with heavy metal thumping from the speakers.
After my 7th pint i decide to take everyone on. So i stumble, prop myself against the far wall, spy several people (including my lil' brother), and let fly with all my spasmodically tispy might.
Four hours, 26 powerbombs, 18 back-breakers and several slicy-open bits later, i assess the situation :

Sliced open cheek and bloody eyeball : 1
Severe chest pain due to dropkicks :4
Elbows/Knees-on-rubber chafeing : 15
Ripped-off nail : 1
Backstrain from drunken wrestling moves : 15
Sunburn : 15
Wife pissing herself laughing at drunken husband : 1

It's official : Bouncy castles are the best thing ever.

Old Post 07-18-02 22:34 #
Spike is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Disorder
Boards of Canada

Spike said:

From the way you describe it, it seems like we're talking about a freefight-championship instead of cute bouncy castles..

Old Post 07-18-02 23:02 #
Disorder is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Spike

Think of both. At the same time.

I couldn't sit up straight until today. I've been dosed up with pain killers for over 48 hours.

Old Post 07-18-02 23:06 #
Spike is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Linguica

SOUNDS LIKE FUN!

Old Post 07-18-02 23:13 #
Linguica is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
nxn
meephead

Disorder said:
From the way you describe it, it seems like we're talking about a freefight-championship instead of cute bouncy castles..

From the way he described it, it made me think he's working for mastercard, he just needed to replace the 1 next to 'Wife pissing herself laughing at drunken husband' with 'priceless'.

Funny as hell though, sounded like a lot of fun, and plus:

I've been dosed up with pain killers for over 48 hours.

/me smiles.

Old Post 07-18-02 23:15 #
nxn is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
GS-1719
Illuminated

Just the beginning I hope. The next step is to hire larger or more bouncy castles and invite more people to join in the carnage...

Old Post 07-18-02 23:20 #
GS-1719 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
AndrewB
I would commit first degree murder and then fabricate evidence to make it look like self defense.

Another little entry in my "people I never want to be like" journal.

Old Post 07-19-02 06:46 #
AndrewB is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Livo

Next thing, you'll be severely injured in one of those rooms with thousands of those multi-coloured balls whilst going on a drunken rampage for another friend's 21st.

Old Post 07-19-02 06:50 #
Livo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
GS-1719
Illuminated

AndrewB said:
Another little entry in my "people I never want to be like" journal.

It was a joke. Don't believe everything you read.

Old Post 07-19-02 07:26 #
GS-1719 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
fodders
OWNS YOU

*New craze hits*, LAN bouncy castle parties

You are my opponent, but not my enemy, for your resistance gives me strength. Your will gives me courage. Your spirit ennobles me. And, although I aim to defeat you, should I succeed, I will not humiliate you, instead I will honour you..For without you, I am a lesser man.

Old Post 07-19-02 08:04 #
fodders is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

Spike said:
Tuesday just gone - my buddy Peter threw his 21st b'day party at his place, and guess what? He only went and hired a bouncy castle.

You can just picture it. Fifteen 20-odd year olds, prancing round the place, tanked to the brim with carling, tequila, cheap wine and vodka-jelly. Naturally, the party theme was wrestling, complete with heavy metal thumping from the speakers.
After my 7th pint i decide to take everyone on. So i stumble, prop myself against the far wall, spy several people (including my lil' brother), and let fly with all my spasmodically tispy might.
Four hours, 26 powerbombs, 18 back-breakers and several slicy-open bits later, i assess the situation :

It's official : Bouncy castles are the best thing ever.

Sounds like you just had the best time ever, Spike!! Just wait till those painkillers start to fade, then the real fun'll kick in!

Old Post 07-19-02 15:46 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
pritch
Super Moderator

Agreed. Bouncy castles rock. Invite me next time!!

Old Post 07-19-02 17:54 #
pritch is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Submerge
Dumboy traded my soul for pogs

Lucky bastard. What's next? Giant foam cannon? Ball Pit? Bouncy castle with strippers? Who got the bloody eyeball?

Old Post 07-19-02 17:55 #
Submerge is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Spike

My mate Ste got the bloody eyeball - he came round yesterday (visited, not woke up), and he's got a case of swelly-greeny at the minute. He considers it a demonstration of his flexibility (he backflipped and managed to knee himself in the face).

We're doing it again sometime in the next few months... about 20 of us throwing in a tenner each (and about 100 of that is for alchy).

Nothing like throwing your best mate over your shoulders and slamming him to the ground.

Old Post 07-19-02 20:00 #
Danarchy
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!

Spike said:
My mate Ste got the bloody eyeball - he came round yesterday (visited, not woke up), and he's got a case of swelly-greeny at the minute. He considers it a demonstration of his flexibility (he backflipped and managed to knee himself in the face).

Bah...I can knee myself in the face sitting down, any time I want to.

Old Post 07-20-02 00:02 #
Danarchy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
nxn
meephead

the_Danarchist said:

Bah...I can knee myself in the face sitting down, any time I want to.

Really? I don't believe you! Please demonstrate =P

Old Post 07-20-02 00:21 #
nxn is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Amaster
Artificial Mechanical Android Skilled in Troubleshooting and Efficient Repair

Spike said:
I've been dosed up with pain killers for over 48 hours.

Gimme gimme gimme!

Old Post 07-20-02 00:22 #
Amaster is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Danarchy

orion said:

Really? I don't believe you! Please demonstrate =P

Okay...I just did it...thrice. Now what?

Old Post 07-20-02 07:36 #
Danarchy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
KDarigal

I want the ball pit.

Old Post 07-20-02 09:15 #
KDarigal is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
nxn
meephead

the_Danarchist said:

Okay...I just did it...thrice. Now what?

I don't believe you, do it hard enough so you break your teeth, then send those teeth to me and I'll believe you.

Old Post 07-20-02 10:03 #
Danarchy

No. Get your own entertainment whore.

Old Post 07-20-02 19:36 #
nxn
meephead

the_Danarchist said:
No. Get your own entertainment whore.

My entertainment would require kneeing you in your face for you. =P

excuse my grumpyness, woke up at 4pm covered in sweat from the heat cause some idiot didn't bother to turn the a/c on when he was leaving.

Old Post 07-20-02 20:17 #
Danarchy

Yeah, well I think my mind is rotting from the inside. So I don't care, or even know what I'm saying anymore.

Old Post 07-21-02 01:19 #
mmnpsrsoskl
Spasmolytic

Mine is also rotting, from all the crap I put in.

Old Post 07-21-02 10:21 #
mmnpsrsoskl is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Captain Red
Pants

THAT WAS MY 21 BDAY IDEA!!! STOP STELING MY IDEAS BEFORE I THINK OF THEM!!!

Old Post 07-21-02 12:44 #
Captain Red is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
fodders
OWNS YOU

orion said:

My entertainment would require kneeing you in your face for you. =P

excuse my grumpyness, woke up at 4pm covered in sweat from the heat cause some idiot didn't bother to turn the a/c on when he was leaving.

Casual pick ups eh? Can't trust them to do anything right on their way out in the morning.

You are my opponent, but not my enemy, for your resistance gives me strength. Your will gives me courage. Your spirit ennobles me. And, although I aim to defeat you, should I succeed, I will not humiliate you, instead I will honour you..For without you, I am a lesser man.

Old Post 07-21-02 14:39 #
fodders is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote