Doom Marine
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > weapons
what's your favorite?
This poll is closed.
fist 0 0%
pistol 1 3.03%
shotgun 9 27.27%
Super shotgun 14 42.42%
chaingun 1 3.03%
plasma rifle 4 12.12%
bfg9000 3 9.09%
chainsaw!! 0 0%
Rocket Launcher 1 3.03%
Total: 33 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 13:20. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
sniper joe
Mini-Member

what weapon's do you prefer?

Old Post 07-23-02 20:19 #
sniper joe is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Liam
the Bard formerly known as the Bard

staff of set

Old Post 07-23-02 20:31 #
Liam is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Shaviro
Team Future Chief

the shotgun and/or combat shotgun.

Old Post 07-23-02 20:37 #
Shaviro is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
darknation
Forum Staple

combat shotgun... you mean the db or normal?

Old Post 07-23-02 20:43 #
darknation is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
sniper joe
Mini-Member

db i just call it the combat shotgun cause it's called that in all the
guide's and stuff

Old Post 07-23-02 20:53 #
sniper joe is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Naked Snake
HAHA I AM A FAG AND I CAN'T CHANGE THIS TITLE ANYMORE

Hammer of Retribution!!!!%(!@

Old Post 07-23-02 21:02 #
Naked Snake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
læmænt
BAND

Shotgun is the most satisfying, but only against the weaker monsters. For the big enemies, it all depends on the situation - sometimes RL is better, sometimes SSG. And of course nothing beats killing a SM with two BFG blasts.

Old Post 07-23-02 21:15 #
læmænt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Skatepunk60
Mini-Member

If theres weaker enemys lined up Double Barrel , but for groups i love just chaingunning things down.

Old Post 07-23-02 22:39 #
Skatepunk60 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

Arc of Death or the Quietus

Old Post 07-24-02 02:42 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Liam
the Bard formerly known as the Bard

t doomboy going to eat your testicles now

Old Post 07-24-02 02:48 #
Liam is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Waldon
He's usually instant death

Lament said:
And of course nothing beats killing a SM with two BFG blasts.
One.

Old Post 07-24-02 03:14 #
Waldon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BlackFish
Forum Spammer

Quietus!

Old Post 07-24-02 03:34 #
BlackFish is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
nxn
meephead

the normal shotgun is my favorite, maybe if the double barrel one looked a little nicer I'd like it more.

Old Post 07-24-02 11:19 #
nxn is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Disorder
Boards of Canada

The plasmarifle is by far my favorite weapon.
I think it looks great, and when you fire the thing, the sound that comes out, is just wh00tish..

Old Post 07-24-02 13:37 #
Disorder is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Shaviro
Team Future Chief

Disorder said:
The plasmarifle is by far my favorite weapon.
I think it looks great, and when you fire the thing, the sound that comes out, is just wh00tish..

I have nothing against the sound...

Old Post 07-24-02 14:04 #
Shaviro is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Darkstalker
Should be mapping

The good'ol shotty is my favority weapon, and the pump-action animation is soo great!

Old Post 07-24-02 14:38 #
Darkstalker is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

Seriously, my favorite weapon would probably be the Plasma Rifle. I love the squeal it makes when you fire it, it's powerful (second only to the BFG), and it's really fast firing.

Old Post 07-24-02 15:38 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Erik

BFG9000

Old Post 07-24-02 15:43 #
Erik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
sniper joe
Mini-Member

the plasma rifle sound....i had an experience with it..
i was playing on my aunt's comp in the morning
and no one else was awake and i finaly got the plasma rifle
and used it then...BOING!BOING! and my aunt wakes up and
i get banned from her comp for 2 days......

Old Post 07-24-02 17:52 #
Spike
Team Future has a new Giger-esque in the works

Combat Shotty for hole-making boom-click-clik-chak gore fests.
Otherwise, either of the energy weapons. More gibs, but not quite as satisfying.

Old Post 07-24-02 19:05 #
Spike is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
LordTrasher

Combat Shotty. BA-DOOM! Klik-klak-klunk!

Old Post 07-27-02 14:48 #
LordTrasher is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ichor
The Mysterious Red Square

Powered up Firemace

Old Post 07-27-02 18:54 #
Ichor is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
esayeek

fist! eat up that bezerk :D

with the saw in a close second place

Old Post 07-27-02 20:10 #
esayeek is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Livo

Chainsaw and supershotgun

Old Post 07-28-02 02:13 #
Livo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Danarchy
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!

Livo said:
Chainsaw and supershotgun

Good, bad...you're the guy with the gun.

Old Post 07-28-02 02:20 #
Danarchy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
VileSlay

ssg for shreddin the weak, plasma for frying the problem monsters. rockets and bfg I only use against the cybie and the spidermind. I do get some satisfaction by melting a large unsupecting group of baddies with the bfg on occasion.

"I only wish that you, the peons, the lowly zit ridden scum of outcast prepubescence so recklessly misspending the treasure of youth could truly understand my utter disdain for you as I look out from my lofty perch of immeasurable fame and opulence." beefcake the mighty of GWAR

Old Post 07-28-02 06:16 #
VileSlay is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ichor

Sometimes I have fun using a super shotgun on the Cyberdemon (if I have the ammo, that is). Not only is it powerful, but most of the time, it causes him to go into his pain frame, which interrupts his rocket firing pattern.

Old Post 07-28-02 06:22 #
Ichor is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Little Faith
Rigtige mænd er voldtægtsmænd

SSG'ing cyberdemons is more fulfilling that blasting them with rockets.

I like using my rockets where i can see their effects (like on large concentrations of imps).

Old Post 07-30-02 09:01 #
Little Faith is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
pilottobombadier
Stained Class King

SSG, chaingun, plasma rifle, and BFG. Rocket Launcher I prefer to use on the "lesser" tough critters.

Old Post 07-30-02 18:19 #
pilottobombadier is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ichor

Rockets are fun when you have a crowd of human enemies, especially on a high and narrow ledge. Those that aren't turned into smudges on the wall or gooey paste are sent flying halfway across the room. Try to hit an enemy near the back so that more will fly off, heheh. It can be done with imps, but they don't seem to go quite as far.

Old Post 07-30-02 18:32 #