Sarge
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > Retarded Quake 2

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 00:11. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
darknation
Forum Staple

http://www.teamdeim.com/darknation/wtf.gif

It installed fine on this machine before I reformated... no, I have no changed OS.

Only thing I can think of is my keyboard is retarded now also... the " is where the @ and there are a few other differences.

So have I set up my system wrong somewhere, and how can I fix it?

Kudos in advance.

Old Post 07-23-02 23:02 #
darknation is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Lobo
Forum Regular

Very wierd, because I've got the English version of Quake 2 on a Spanish version of windows and it doesn't give me any problems.

The only thing I can think of is if you somehow have your Keyboard setup for a language like Russian or Chinese or something that uses a different alphabet. And I doubt that's the case :-)

Robotech: FirstGen TC / Edge Shell Launcher(ESL) Home page.

Old Post 07-23-02 23:10 #
Lobo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Liam
the Bard formerly known as the Bard

Yer colorscheme sucks

Old Post 07-23-02 23:14 #
Liam is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
darknation
Forum Staple

IS THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD "ASTHETIC QUALITIES OF DARKNATION'S DESKTOP?"

heh.

I know it sucks, but so does windows 98. I figure why polish the turd?

Old Post 07-23-02 23:17 #
darknation is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Lobo
Forum Regular

darknation said:
I know it sucks, but so does windows 98. I figure why polish the turd?

ROFLMAO!

Anyway, back on topic. I assume you tried to re-install quake 2 after rebooting(just in case). Have you made sure that the codepage crap in config.sys is OK?

If that isn't it then I'm all out of ideas. You may just have to "FORMAT C:"

Robotech: FirstGen TC / Edge Shell Launcher(ESL) Home page.

Old Post 07-23-02 23:21 #
Lobo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Captain Red
Pants

Go to your control panel, and regional settings. then ckick on the regional settings tab. it should come up with a map of the world. just above it there is a menu, make sure you have it set to:
english (Australian) if your in Australia or english (Canadian)if your in Canadia ect.

Old Post 07-23-02 23:24 #
Captain Red is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
darknation
Forum Staple

This is the message I get just after I insert the CD and press the 'install' button on the green strogg screen that comes up next.
Sorry, shoudl fo said that to begin with.

Old Post 07-23-02 23:25 #
Captain Red
Pants

Read my above post! the excat same thing happend to me.

Old Post 07-23-02 23:26 #
Captain Red is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
darknation
Forum Staple

Spot on! Problem solved!

Thanks a lot man.

Old Post 07-23-02 23:58 #
Captain Red
Pants

Cheers

Old Post 07-24-02 00:17 #
mmnpsrsoskl
Spasmolytic

Yeah, Win XP did this too me when I got it and my new PC. I tried to install and it came up with the same shit.

I was screwing around with the control panel and I found out how to change it. So yeah.

Old Post 07-24-02 04:48 #
mmnpsrsoskl is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
GooberMan
Scripting Nut

Quake 2 is the only game I've encountered that goes anal with the regional settings. Totally unnecessary if you ask me.

Old Post 07-24-02 09:51 #
GooberMan is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Shaviro
Team Future Chief

Liam the Bard said:
Yer colorscheme sucks

I kind of like it. It looks like a sunset...or something.

Old Post 07-24-02 10:57 #
Shaviro is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
nxn
meephead

Maonth said:

I kind of like it. It looks like a sunset...or something.

Shouldn't a sunset have 'warm' colors in it and not 'cool' colors that are in the color scheme? I forgot the proper name of them, it's been a while since I studied for art finals.

It took me a good hour or two to figure out how to change the keyboard properties in WinXP. And I needed laments help too, constantly sending him screenshots of all those differen't menu's. I found the location for such an important property to be way too 'hidden'. Then again maybe I was just an exception and it was obvious to other people.

Old Post 07-24-02 11:06 #
nxn is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Shaviro
Team Future Chief

orion said:

Shouldn't a sunset have 'warm' colors in it and not 'cool' colors that are in the color scheme?

what I mean

Old Post 07-24-02 11:08 #
Shaviro is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Sephiroth
O o
/Ż_________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH LAZOR!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

note to self, use LINUX! anyway the only proble with quake2 i have had is installing on winXP

Old Post 07-24-02 21:20 #
Sephiroth is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
mmnpsrsoskl
Spasmolytic

Otherwise, I got it running on my new PC in all it's goodness.

Old Post 07-25-02 11:55 #
mmnpsrsoskl is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Rellik
Knock Knock
Who's there?

Spot on! Problem solved!

Dammit! Don't you see what you've done??!?!? We could've kept this poor crazy scottish bastard from ruining his life on a gay game but instead you've helped him just throw it all away. The horror! The horror!

Kidding. :p

P.S. The rocket bitch has nice boobs for an inanimate collection of ones and zeros.

Old Post 07-25-02 22:36 #
Rellik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
spank
I'm afraid of Americans

orion said:

differen't menu's

Wha't. Th'e. He'll.

Old Post 07-26-02 11:38 #
spank is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Danarchy
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!

Quake 2 is the best FPS ever.

Old Post 07-27-02 02:43 #
Danarchy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Captain Red
Pants

the_Danarchist said:
Quake 2 is the best FPS ever.

Your jokeing... Right?

Old Post 07-28-02 07:16 #
Danarchy
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!

Yes...no...maybe...perhaps.

Old Post 07-28-02 07:49 #
Danarchy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Captain Red
Pants

STOP THAT!!

Old Post 07-28-02 08:05 #