I've had a few bizarre ones.
1. 11 years old, tussling in living room with sisters, fell backwards and sat my tailbone down precisely on a hard-soled shoe that was sitting on its side. Must have broken tailbone but parents never took me to a doctor. Could not sit for several days, then had to take a pillow to school to use on my desk for a week. It ached for several years after that.
2. 14, delivering newspapers on a bicycle, tossed one really far and watched it fly to see if I "porched" it. Rode into the back of a parked car, flew forward and landed on my face. Knocked my front teeth backwards at 45 degree angle. Did not lose them because I had massive braces on! Pulled them forward again. Blood. Orthodontist fixed braces ASAP, teeth healed.
3. 20, crawling under barbed wire on my back (training exercise), I left a bit of my face uncovered by my rifle barrel (that's the protection) and a guy near me grabbed the barbed wire and yanked. It slashed my face over my eye and must have missed my eyeball by slight fractions of an inch.
4. 22, running down a sidewalk with dog on a leash, another dog popped out in front of me. Tried to avoid, hopped over, landed wrong and ankle folded. Your typical bad sprain.
5. 23, at party hosted by coworker, party crashers were there. One really tough guy decided to stand in the hall by the bathroom, playing with his dick. Women saw it and I was infuriated, suggested that if he had to go so badly he should go outside in the bushes. Mistake...he decided to beat me. Taunted me at first, I told him to forget it. Then, I suddenly felt something warm on my leg and looked down to see him pissing on me. Instant reaction, I pushed him away and told him to "get that MF off of me". He calmly acted like that was the end of it, zipped up, slowly got nearer (Biff is an idiot) and suddenly launched a huge punch I never saw coming. All I saw was a flash of white light and then the floor slammed me in the back. I was 8 feet back up the hallway. Left the scene quickly but now I wish I would have called the police. Had broken bloody nose, black eye and loosened teeth, one of which died a year later and had to have a root canal.
6. 25, motorcycle riding in offroad area, doing some powerslides, got into a tank-slapper (bet no one knows what that is) and ended up with weight on left foot while motorcycle spun around. Left knee popped like a champagne cork but it was no party...ligaments were torn and the result was leg in a straight cast for 8 weeks. I'm real skinny normally, and when that leg came out of the cast you could have taken a photo of it and claimed it to be that of a concentration camp victim.
7. 29, riding motorcycle on the highway with friends, a loose dog caused havoc. Lead riders swerved to miss. Guy in front of me hit the rider in front, he went down. I was watching the dog and rode by him, looked up just in time to see the other guy's motorcycle pass under me, launching me off my bike like a rodeo bullride. Observers said I did a "flying W" about 10 feet in the air. Came down and was sliding along OK, had helmet, jacket and gloves, and thought, "I'm OK". Then my bike came tumbling after me and the handlebar end punched through my helmet visor and went into my cheek, cutting almost all the way through like a cookie cutter. I felt nothing, crawled off the highway in fear of oncoming cars. Blood dripping, thought I had a bloody nose. Took helmet off, friends stared in horror....the wound was ugly and a center chunk of flesh poked out from it like a piece of a bloody hotdog. Went straight to the doctor where I had coverage. The had to sew it up, inside and out, without using any painkillers because those would have caused futher tissue swelling and made the job uglier. It healed, but left a prominent circular scar and swollen area.
8. 38, dirt track racing in a small home-built buggy with excessive horsepower (heh), someone got a wheel under my left nerf bar and passed it under my left rear tire. Boom, tumbling like a high-speed football and the car did not have adequate leg restraints at the time. Got thrashed around inside the buggy, could barely walk after that, felt like I had been attacked by a gang of guys wielding metal pipes. We implemented good leg restraints after that.
9. 42, riding mountain bike at night with friends, moving fast down a dirt road, moved to the side to clear two riders who were stopped. Problem was, there were some large rocks not visible, lying opposite the pair. Went over them, went down hard, knocked unconscious for 10 - 20 seconds and had a minor shoulder separation. Woke up with a roaring sound in my ears, got on bicycle and rode out.
Lots of other stuff happened which could have killed me but somehow the luck is holding. Came within inches of driving a jeep off the edge of a dirt road in New Mexico, which would have sent the jeep down a sheer rocky wall many hundreds of feet. Spun a jeep out on a wet road in Thailand, trying to miss water-throwers, went into a watery ditch and was tossed out, landing on my back in the mud. Opened my eyes to see the jeep up on end, falling over on top of me. I scrunched down into the mud, the jeep stopped short, I crawled out unhurt.
All of this pales in comparison to the mental/emotional horror of parts of my life, including a most notable career setback in 2000, but that's another long story.