Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
999cop

The bravest suicidal act a woman can do

darknation said:
No one asks anyone else to care. Mourning is a selfish act, you do not mourn the person who passed away but mourn the fact that your own life will be crapper from now on because that person is missing.

This somes up the narcissistic attitude of people today. Most human beings do try to look after the people important them. If somebody you know takes there own life, you don’t “choose” to care, you just do. And believe it or not, you are meant to. How do you think we survived the last 60000 years if all each person did was look out for #1? If you don’t mourn when a love one dies, then there is something medically wrong with you.

fodders said:

Fucking rubbish! Tell that to my wife, when on X-mas day she was informed her brother had killed himself, or their mom that had to awake on Christmas morning to find her son dead, she was disabled and couldn't get help as he had cut the phone lines to prevent her calling an ambulance.

Whoops. troll gone bad. My appologies.

While it may be true that sticking through life's problems and forcing yourself to put up with garbage may be the "brave" thing to do, people on this thread jump to the conclusion that it is also the "right" thing to do. Brave and right are not synonymous.

When you're in a relationship with someone who abuses you, which is more brave? To boldly stick with that person and take all the bruises, or to cowardly run off and end the relationship. Exact same thing.

Relationships can be ____, life can be ____. You can put up with it and let yourself be trampled on, or you can say ____ it all, I'm not _______ taking any more of this stupid-___ ________.

Of course life COULD get better if you work through the garbage, but the same philosiphy applies to relationships. Sure, you COULD let him abuse you, but most people who break off abusive relationships are considered brave. What the ____ is the difference between putting up with relationship ____ and putting up with life's ____?

AndrewB MEANT TO SAY:
While it may be true that sticking through life's problems and forcing yourself to put up with garbage may be the "brave" thing to do, people on this thread jump to the conclusion that it is also the "right" thing to do. Brave and right are not synonymous.

When you're in a relationship with someone who abuses you, which is more brave? To boldly stick with that person and take all the bruises, or to cowardly run off and end the relationship. Exact same thing.

Relationships can be shit, life can be shit. You can put up with it and let yourself be trampled on, or you can say fuck it all, I'm not fucking taking any more of this stupid bull shit.

Of course life COULD get better if you work through the garbage, but the same philosiphy applies to relationships. Sure, you COULD let him abuse you, but most people who break off abusive relationships are considered brave. What the fuck is the difference between putting up with relationship shit and putting up with life's shit?

*rubs hands*
Much much better :)

You dont just LIVE w/ the shit .. you fix it. You MAKE life livable or you come to terms w/ the abuseive whatever even if that comes to him/her at the end of a remington you gotta MAKE things work.

bigbadgangsta's Pop-Up Obscenity:
*rubs hands*
Much much better :)

Not to nitpick, but I don't think it's "stupid bull shit", I think it's "stupid-ass shit."

As for the abusive relationship, the abused could always kill the abuser. Depending on the circumstances, they might even walk. And if they don't, prison life is probably much better than what they had going at home.

So it's OK to kill an abuser but totally wrong to kill yourself?

I don't think anyone who killed themselves cares what others think of their cowardice/bravery.

Most successful suicides are in fact actually failures, most (not all) do the act in the knowledge that someone may save them, they miscalculate the # of tablets, the person that usually calls at 9am missed the bus and arrived an hour late etc.

Yes there is a large difference between people 'attempting' suicide and those who clinically kill themselves. The former is often a way of crying for help.

Anyway IMO it's up to the individual to decide if they want to live or die, no one else, as long as he/she is declared mentally fit to make that judgement. Of course therapy should be tried first though.

AndrewB said:

What the ____ is the difference between putting up with relationship ____ and putting up with life's ____?

Because if you take the "cowardly" way out of a relationship, you don't usually end up dead. Whereas if you take the "cowardly" way out of life by committing suicide, you're dead.

It used to be illegal in England to attempt suicide, I remember police being involved when mom gassed herself (failed) around 1960, they almost prosecuted her.
Earlier:According to a British law passed in 1845, attempting to commit suicide was a capital offence. The offence was punishable by hanging. They were then buried at a crossroads, never to sleep peacefully.

So the government would kill you if you tried to commit suicide?
That's stupid, either way, the suicidal person wins..

fodders said:

Loses really as they are not buried on hallowed ground.

Who cares? No-one except the dead knows if it has any meaning to have your corpse buried at a graveyard.
Basically, I don't care if my corpse will be sliced into tiny bits and strewn into the sea, because by then, my body will be an empty shell and I will be there no more.

AndrewB said:

So it's OK to kill an abuser but totally wrong to kill yourself?

Sure, IMHO. Conidering your average abuser doesn't stop at abusing or being an asshole a single person. At the least, you'd be doing these other people a favor with your sacrifice; at the best, they'd be witnesses for your defense or advocates at your trial.

I don't think anyone who killed themselves cares what others think of their cowardice/bravery.

Of course not. Dead people are so thoughtless... ;-P

Theres a law in some state where the penalty for commiting suicide is death.

darknation said:

Death By Bang Bang.

Naw. I'd say

Death by:

Pudding Overdose
Termite Attack
Sudden Anal Detonation
The Creepin Crud
Mutant Bedsore
Mexican Death Peppers

Those are uncomfortable. the big bang? FWOOSH! dead instantly.

There's the tale (possibly an urban legend) of the young Hollywood starlet who wanted her suicide to be as beautiful and dramatic a performance as she thought her movies had been. She had everything set up perfectly: the pure white linen on her bed, the candles lit and placed for maximum dramatic effect, the perfect makeup and nightgown to make her hauntingly beautiful. She took the handfull of pills and lay down waiting for death.

The moral is: Never eat a big Mexican dinner the night you plan to kill yourself. She had to abort her plan when all that chow came a'callin'. They found her parked rather gracelessly on the toilet.

And she died as beautiful and dramatic as her movies most likely really were.

Yeah, when you're ten feet from the winning capture. Five seconds later, the map ends and your team loses.