Weird impy thing
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > Drowning Pool Singer Dead
Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 23:48. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

Just got back from a ride around town, and on the radio I heard that the singer of Drowning Pool was found dead in his tour bus. IIRC, he was still involved in the Ozzfest Tour. Also IIRC, he and the rest of the group were starting work on their next album.

Sigh. So sad to see yet another young promising band singer go down.

Old Post 08-15-02 03:22 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Clardvaark
Loser

Young promising band wtf?

Old Post 08-15-02 03:42 #
Clardvaark is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Naked Snake
HAHA I AM A FAG AND I CAN'T CHANGE THIS TITLE ANYMORE

Yeah, my cousin told me. I don't really care but still, it sucks.

Old Post 08-15-02 03:42 #
Naked Snake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Danarchy
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!

Heh. I don't even know who the hell they are. How did he die, radiation poisoning?

Old Post 08-15-02 03:45 #
Danarchy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Clardvaark
Loser

I wonder if his body hit the floor lololol

Old Post 08-15-02 04:10 #
Clardvaark is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
boris
meow

Clardvaark said:

heh. That's actually the only song by them I know. Is a cool song though.
Anybody know the movie "The One" with Jet Li? I heard this song there for the first time, it's title really fits the action in the movie ;)

Old Post 08-15-02 12:04 #
boris is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
mmnpsrsoskl
Spasmolytic

the_Danarchist said:
Heh. I don't even know who the hell they are. How did he die, radiation poisoning?

Heh. Maybe. Bubonic Plague?

Clardvaark said:
I wonder if his body hit the floor

I'd say so :P

Old Post 08-15-02 12:05 #
mmnpsrsoskl is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
VileSlay

Clardvaark said:

goddamit, that was what I was gonna say. anyway, I never liked that pop/metal crap. gimme some good ol death metal.

"I only wish that you, the peons, the lowly zit ridden scum of outcast prepubescence so recklessly misspending the treasure of youth could truly understand my utter disdain for you as I look out from my lofty perch of immeasurable fame and opulence." beefcake the mighty of GWAR

Old Post 08-15-02 18:52 #
VileSlay is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
gatewatcher
Dirt Dog faithful

i saw dp once, they were pretty good. they still had a lot of growing to do as a band, but they were pretty good. it's too bad.

anyway, i didn't even hear about this until now. /me goes off to look for info

goddamit, that was what I was gonna say. anyway, I never liked that pop/metal crap. gimme some good ol death metal.

yeah i am *******ely a death metal fan, but dp wasn't that bad, imho.

Old Post 08-15-02 22:30 #
gatewatcher is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Linguica

That band was terrible.

Old Post 08-15-02 22:59 #
Linguica is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
fraggle
Filled with the code of Doom

Linguica said:
That band was terrible.
Heh, I dont like to disrespect the dead but I have to agree.

Old Post 08-15-02 23:31 #
fraggle is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
nxn
meephead

I was completely indifferent to them, I am curious to how he died though.

Old Post 08-16-02 01:29 #
nxn is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Danarchy

Oh yeah, I heard that song once. It was utter shit. I think I ended up throwin my radio out the window because of it.

Old Post 08-16-02 04:04 #
Danarchy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Use3D
Forum Legend

yes, Drowning Pool really, really sucks.

of course, this thread was started by someone who likes Staind, another manufactured 'rock' band, who also suck...badly.

Old Post 08-16-02 04:07 #
Use3D is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Danarchy

Use3D said:
yes, Drowning Pool really, really sucks.

of course, this thread was started by someone who likes Staind, another manufactured 'rock' band, who also suck...badly.

W3rd.

So what's the news on his death? Nicotine overdose? Spanish flu? Rabies? Mauled by a giant panda?

You don't say that someone died then not say how he died. It leaves us all hanging... <bud-um ksssh>

Old Post 08-16-02 04:11 #
sirjuddington
Slade doesn't mean what it used to

Drowning Pool weren't that bad. Sure they weren't all that good either, but I did like that song Bodies a lot for a while there (now its just annoying, but meh).

I should get some of their other songs now, heh.

Old Post 08-16-02 13:01 #
sirjuddington is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
mmnpsrsoskl
Spasmolytic

That Bodies song went well along with the Stickdeath movie I saw.

Old Post 08-16-02 13:47 #
mmnpsrsoskl is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

Clardvaark said:

Not funny, dickcheese eater.

Old Post 08-16-02 19:33 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
kallisti
Warming Up

Have you seen that singer guy? Judging by his appearance, I'd say he choked on a fried chicken bone. And then... HIS BODY HIT THE FLOOR.

Sorry, I had to.

«And be known one by one. They'll be coming down. Altogether. Sister. Machine-gun. Automatic high. What a ride. What a trip. Tripped over the candlestick. Tanks arrive. Firewall. Got to keep the camera alive. Tell the world. Tell the world what's going on here.» - Skinny Puppy

Old Post 08-18-02 21:41 #
kallisti is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Sephiroth
O o
/¯_________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH LAZOR!!!
\_¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

i never liked them. i hate rock that is just 'ALL' screaming. its ok to scream on some songs and such but not every freak'n song and every CD. also what did he die from, i am thinking a drug overdoes(yes drugs DO kill people and yes they ARE bad and evil coruptors of the human mind) however i dont know much about him, he could have had a heart attack or maybe an accident

Old Post 08-18-02 23:05 #
Sephiroth is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Little Faith
Rigtige mænd er voldtægtsmænd

Hurrah, they let Sephiroth back in.

Old Post 08-18-02 23:55 #
Little Faith is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Sephiroth
O o
/¯_________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH LAZOR!!!
\_¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

yes they did, and i will keep my promise. no more posting in the wrong place. ok i did post a thank you in the general a wile ago, but hell it is hard to get out of the days when just about every damn thing was posted in general. anway how many band member have died this year?

Old Post 08-19-02 00:23 #
Sephiroth is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Captain Red
Pants

Sephiroth said:
i never liked them. i hate rock that is just 'ALL' screaming. its ok to scream on some songs and such but not every freak'n song and every CD.

I agree %100 with this statement.

I don't get "death metal". at all. I don't think I've ever heard any Death metal I've liked. It all sounds the same to me. (i.e. Like random srtumming of guitars and men screaming like the cookie monster.) I's just as annoying as pop IMHO.

*sigh* I usally try to avoid threads about music.

Old Post 08-19-02 02:33 #
Captain Red is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
footman
gimme DWJ3!

Ct_red_pants said:

I don't get "death metal". at all. I don't think I've ever heard any Death metal I've liked. It all sounds the same to me. (i.e. Like random srtumming of guitars and men screaming like the cookie monster.) I's just as annoying as pop IMHO.

they scream "Cookie!!! cookie!!!" over and over? as for annoyance, i like death metal, though some constant screaming we can do with out. it cant be as annoying as pop, cuz pop is EVIL and is almost as mind corrupting as drugs :)

"I think the truth is that all the stars in the universe are actualy celestial sperm inside a pair of intergalactic testicles and that black holes suck them up and shoot them up an astral urethra and into the great eternal vagina." -Danarchy

Old Post 08-19-02 03:50 #
footman is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Danarchy

Okay...what the heck is this? It's been like 5 days and no word of his cause of death? HELLO PEOPLE...how did this talentless piece of filth die?

Heh...I just thought of something...Artistic Darwainism...think about it.

Old Post 08-19-02 04:10 #
VileSlay

as far as the song bodies is concerned, I only tolerated it cuz WWE did a good montage with it for one of their PPV's. how the singer died I don't give a damn. he did nothing any more impotant than anyone else did. let rest, or something like that.

as for death metal, yes there are bands that just produce random noise. those bands suck. but there are also several other bands that do produce actual melodies and rythyms. the lyrics might not be to easy to understand at first, but if you really listen you'll get it, although the subject matter doesn't appeal to everyone. try the hypocrisy album into the abyss.

"I only wish that you, the peons, the lowly zit ridden scum of outcast prepubescence so recklessly misspending the treasure of youth could truly understand my utter disdain for you as I look out from my lofty perch of immeasurable fame and opulence." beefcake the mighty of GWAR

Old Post 08-19-02 07:30 #
VileSlay is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Livo

It doesn't exist. The survival and increasing popularity (read- hearing it everywhere) of pop music negates your theory.

Old Post 08-19-02 10:01 #
Livo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Captain Red
Pants

footman said:
they scream "Cookie!!! cookie!!!" over and over?

For all I know, thay might be.
it's not as if I can make out a single word of it anyway.

Old Post 08-19-02 11:05 #
Captain Red is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
mmnpsrsoskl
Spasmolytic

the_Danarchist said:

Most likely :D

Old Post 08-19-02 13:32 #
Danarchy

Livo said:

It doesn't exist. The survival and increasing popularity (read- hearing it everywhere) of pop music negates your theory.

But what if it did exist? That would be cool...

Old Post 08-20-02 04:46 #