Spider Mastermind
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > Strangest Thing

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 19:31. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
gatewatcher
Dirt Dog faithful

well it has to do with my computer's volume controls, and it started only about a week ago. what happened was this; i would turn the speaker volume all the way up but they would only be half as loud as they should be. at first i thought they might be broken. when i opened up the master volume levels, however, the wav volume was only at half it's volume. i turned it back up and everything was normal again.

next time i turned my computer on it was back. so now, it does that all the time. also, on top of that, when i use winamp, after every song the wav volume goes all the way down.

i'm clueless as to what i should do now. if anyone can help me out, please do. thanks ;)

oh one more thing. i'm using XP, and since no other windows version i have used did this, maybe it's an XP problem?

Old Post 08-18-02 02:01 #
gatewatcher is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
kallisti
Warming Up

SLEDGEHAMMER.

«And be known one by one. They'll be coming down. Altogether. Sister. Machine-gun. Automatic high. What a ride. What a trip. Tripped over the candlestick. Tanks arrive. Firewall. Got to keep the camera alive. Tell the world. Tell the world what's going on here.» - Skinny Puppy

Old Post 08-18-02 21:39 #
kallisti is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Danarchy
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!

WinAmp controls master volume (or maybe thats wave volume). So maybe you need to fuck with the WinAmp volume a bit.

BTW, did I ever tell you about the time I almost killed my monitor by waving a screwdriver in it's general direction. Same kind of intelligence at work here.

Old Post 08-19-02 05:44 #
Danarchy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dysfunctional
Loser

Dan, dude there has been so many times where i almost blew up my screen with a screw driver the only thing that might be different from what you are doing was i had the damn thing open heh

Last edited by Dysfunctional on 08-19-02 at 20:02

Old Post 08-19-02 08:11 #
Dysfunctional is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Danarchy
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!

Heh...you missed my whole rant on my magic magnetic screwdriver. It was pretty funny, in retrospect, though it just pissed me off when it happened.

Old Post 08-19-02 08:54 #
Danarchy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote