Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooMBoy

George W

How do you think he's doing?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. How do you think he's doing?

• He\'s doing a really good job!
    • Pretty good job, but could do a little bit better!
    • Meh, he\'s an OK President, doing a somewhat sucky job.
    • Bah, he sucks. Worst President this country\'s ever seen.

This is what I dislike plenty about politics...each party and its adherents are quick to smear and demonize the other side, when we all want to "make things work". All of us Americans want our country to prosper and at the same time to "do right" in the world. Well, at least I do. I support my country and at the same time want it to DO RIGHT. There is a lot of gray area, it seems.

Linguica said:

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE! GRR! REPUBLICANS ARE EVIL! ALL HAIL KING GEORGE! I HATE AMERICA

Yes.

Linguica said:

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE! GRR! REPUBLICANS ARE EVIL! ALL HAIL KING GEORGE! I HATE AMERICA

DEMOCRATS RULE!!!!

Rupublicans are dumb, and fucking morons.

Jr. is doing just what his dad did...

START A POINTLESS WAR

OMFG REPUBLICRATS AND DEMOCANS RULE! VOTE FOR THEM!!!!

Yeah, lets all vote for the republicans and democrats because there are no other real parties and anyone claiming to be another party is probably just COMMIES trying to take over our American freedom of buying crap and being lazy! OMFG USA #1

RailGunner said:

START A POINTLESS WAR

He didn't start anything buddy, we were attacked first, therefore, that was an act of WAR and TERRORISM. He is simply retailiating.

True. But he's overreacting now.
By calling a country a part of the 'Axis of Evil' you're almost declaring war to that country..

bigbadgangsta said:

He didn't start anything buddy, we were attacked first, therefore, that was an act of WAR and TERRORISM. He is simply retailiating.

No.
Im talking about IRAQ war he's going to start.

RailGunner said:

No.
Im talking about IRAQ war he's going to start.

Son...that is the smartest thing you've ever said.

Ichor said:

The operative word there is lying. How can we trust someone who knowingly and willingly lied through his teeth to the public? This is the president of the United States, not some used car saleman down the block. He should have set a better example than that, and he wouldn't have been worried so much about his 'legacy'. Ever since that happened, everything he did thereafter was looked upon with great suspicion. You may not like Bush, but at least you know where he stands on issues.

Son, politicians ALWAYS lie - haven't you learned that yet?

the_Danarchist said:

Son...that is the smartest thing you've ever said.

No, that would be NETSCAPE IS MY SHIELD ;)

I never said Bush has never lied, but he never tried to weasel out of something by questioning the meanining of is, sex, etc. He never committed perjury in front of a grand jury. He never ran the country or made important decisions with his pants down, then blatantly lied about it. And he never started crying on cue when the saw the camera as he was joking with a friend right after a funeral (the Ron Brown incident). Yes, nearly all politicians have lied at one time or another, but not always, with the possible exception of president Ahab and first lady Jezebel.

RailGunner said:

Watch C-SPAN and you'll notice every politician lies.

You don't watch C-Span. You don't know when anyone is lying, let alone a politician. End of story.

Ichor said:

All of you people who think Bush is some kind of dunce... yadda, yadda, yadda

Tough choice, between a guy who was convicted of perjury and a guy who is doing his damndest not to be convicted of illegal business practices.

I never said Bush has never lied, but he never tried to weasel out of something by questioning the meanining of is, sex, etc.

No, he's trying to weasel out of his predicament by ordering the bombing of the Middle East and calling it the "War on Terror".

the_Danarchist said:

OMFG REPUBLICRATS AND DEMOCANS RULE! VOTE FOR THEM!!!!

Yeah, lets all vote for the republicans and democrats because there are no other real parties and anyone claiming to be another party is probably just COMMIES trying to take over our American freedom of buying crap and being lazy! OMFG USA #1

Heh, I personally take a more libertarian view on politics. But, I’m not going to waste my vote to prove a point. Next presidential election I will probably vote republican, even if it is shrub :\

I'm just waiting for the giant meteor/solar flare/apocalyptic war to end all this political crap. we'd be too busy trying to survive to care if our leader is gettin any on the side, or using questionable business practices.

See, I am pretty sure that the great majority of the people in the USA, this means you and you care a lot about how they are seen, loved or hated, by the rest of the world.

Bush is a tragedy for all US people, because he brings back a very unattractive image of the USA. Bush is a fallback in every way. If I would not know you... :)

I know, that many US people are in that "my country - right or wrong" thinking, but I am truly happy that - from what I have read on several forum - US people feel able to criticize their government even in these day, where Bush seems to abuse the terror act of september 11 as a general excuse for all and everything and gets applause for actions, that bring the people in danger of being even more hated by whoever and - even more disgusting - he gets this applause mainly from the self-declared intellectual "elite", that is also responsible for the education of the upgrowing.

Finally, I am absolutely sure that Bush is a tragedy for the ecological future of the whole world because he does not respect the need for a change in the way we have to use the resources of this planet.

Bush seems to think: "Forget the rest of the world, we are doing our thing the way we want it and will come away with it". But - I am pretty sure - this man will blow the future of the children in his own country and the rest of the world if he gets elected a second time.

Peter Heinemann said:

I am pretty sure - this man will blow the future of the children in his own country and the rest of the world if he gets elected a second time.

Simpsons quote time!!!

Lisa: As you know, we've inherited quite a budget crunch
from President Trump. How bad is it Secretary Van
Houten?
Milhouse: [shows to a chart] We're broke.
Lisa: The country is broke? How can that be?
Milhouse: Well, remember when the last administration decided
to invest in our nation's children? Big mistake.
Aide: The balanced breakfast program just created a
generation of ultra-strong super-criminals.
Milhouse: And midnight basketball taught them to function
without sleep.

:D

Peter Heinemann said:

Bush seems to think: "Forget the rest of the world, we are doing our thing the way we want it and will come away with it". But - I am pretty sure - this man will blow the future of the children in his own country and the rest of the world if he gets elected a second time.

Yes, look at this week, the EARTH SUMMIT is on in Africa, 100 world leaders, trying to find ways to save the planet. Is Bush there? Is he hell!

gatewatcher said:

Heh, I personally take a more libertarian view on politics. But, I’m not going to waste my vote to prove a point. Next presidential election I will probably vote republican, even if it is shrub :\

You, know...its seems like 90% of the people I talk to would rather not vote for one of the 2 parties. You see, its this kind of defeatist attitude that makes its so we're going to be stuck in this two party system for eternity. IF YOU WOULD JUST VOTE FOR WHO YOU WANT TO VOTE FOR THIS WOULDN'T HAPPEN. Thank you for being a government tool.

Actually, on the whole Bill Clinton thing, I kinda liked him. He seemed more human than the rest of the presidents. I'd rather have him lie about a stupid "sex scandal" than something actually important. Why did people even care. Why don't they pay more attention to the fact that there's crime, drugs, and homeless people than that the president's personal life? I'd much rather have him than Bush, who seems to be saying and doing whatever comes to him on a whim.

fodders said:

She was above legal age, single, I STILL haven't figured out what people think he did wrong.

Seriously...especialy considering he has Hillary Rodham as a wife.

George W. Bush is an excellent leader, and it seems quite ironic that so many of you disapprove of the War on Terror considering that DOOM is largely about killing things. "Dubya" is definitely not the worst President the U.S. has ever seen. No matter what your political viewpoint is, you'll find a worse President if you actually do some research on past administrations. I don't see how you could find a worse President than Andrew Johnson or Richard Nixon. Jimmy "Do-Nothing" Carter wasn't exactly a model leader either.

RailGunner said:

DEMOCRATS RULE!!!!

Rupublicans are dumb, and fucking morons.

Jr. is doing just what his dad did...

START A POINTLESS WAR

That was one of the most unintelligent things I've ever seen (or heard) anyone say.

fodders said:

Yes, look at this week, the EARTH SUMMIT is on in Africa, 100 world leaders, trying to find ways to save the planet. Is Bush there? Is he hell!

Here's a way to save the planet: Get rid of Saddam Hussein and the morons who control North Korea. The environment would certainly would not be a better place if it was tainted with radiation, toxic gases, and anthrax spores, would it?

and it seems quite ironic that so many of you disapprove of the War on Terror considering that DOOM is largely about killing things

Conceptions like that is the reason why people want to blame violent games for real-life violence.

Hey, some of us can actually separate fiction and reality! I'm a convinced pacifist, but I still enjoy playing violent games simply because they're entertaining.

Woolie Wool said:

Here's a way to save the planet: Get rid of Saddam Hussein and the morons who control North Korea. The environment would certainly would not be a better place if it was tainted with radiation, toxic gases, and anthrax spores, would it?

Wiping America clean off the face of Earth would be far more effective.

GS-1719 said:

Wiping America clean off the face of Earth would be far more effective.

Yeah, damnit! (We should try to save the good 7.2% though.)

Wiping America off the face of the Earth would be a foolish idea for you Europeans to do. American aid money saved you Europeans from dropping down the economic bunghole after World War II. We sell many products to you, many of which you need. You don't have enough farmland left to sustain your population. So Europeans buy a very large portion of their food from America. We have infinitely more military power than you do, and we use it to protect you. You'd be much more vulnerable without military support from us. Europeans use a lot of technology created by Americans. We have some of the best universities in the world, and many Europeans study in them. That's only the beginning. Also, ID SOFTWARE IS AN AMERICAN COMPANY! Without Id, there would be no more DOOM and no more Quake. And DOOM III would never be released! Windows, Linux, and Mac OS are American products. The vast majority of computers are American in origin. Want to get the latest Athlon processor after the US has been destroyed. FUHGEDABOUDIT! I could go on and on, but you get my idea. If you want to say something like "wipe America off the face of the Earth," stop and consider the consequences of such a thing happening before you speak.