Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooMBoy

George W

How do you think he's doing?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. How do you think he's doing?

• He\'s doing a really good job!
    • Pretty good job, but could do a little bit better!
    • Meh, he\'s an OK President, doing a somewhat sucky job.
    • Bah, he sucks. Worst President this country\'s ever seen.

Woolie Wool said:

Wiping America off the face of the Earth would be a foolish idea for you Europeans to do. American aid money saved you Europeans from dropping down the economic bunghole after World War II. We sell many products to you, many of which you need. You don't have enough farmland left to sustain your population. So Europeans buy a very large portion of their food from America. We have infinitely more military power than you do, and we use it to protect you. You'd be much more vulnerable without military support from us. Europeans use a lot of technology created by Americans. We have some of the best universities in the world, and many Europeans study in them. That's only the beginning. Also, ID SOFTWARE IS AN AMERICAN COMPANY! Without Id, there would be no more DOOM and no more Quake. And DOOM III would never be released! Windows, Linux, and Mac OS are American products. The vast majority of computers are American in origin. Want to get the latest Athlon processor after the US has been destroyed. FUHGEDABOUDIT! I could go on and on, but you get my idea. If you want to say something like "wipe America off the face of the Earth," stop and consider the consequences of such a thing happening before you speak.

You are a moron.

Oh, and Linux is not an american product.

America invented nuclear and biological weapons, used both, America gives off an obscene level of pollution, has caused and aids armed conflict in many places in the rest of the world, Americans consume ridiculous quantities of everything, have the most stupid citizens, a cretin as their leader, exploit smaller nations any way they can, are obsessed by wealth and hedonism and much more.

And you're telling me Saddam and North Korea are the problem?

I could rant here about people making gross generalizations about large, diverse groups. But I won't.

IMJack said:

I could rant here about people making gross generalizations about large, diverse groups. But I won't.

You'll have to excuse the retarded side of your country for standing out so much...

GS-1719 said:

America invented nuclear and biological weapons, used both, America gives off an obscene level of pollution, has caused and aids armed conflict in many places in the rest of the world, Americans consume ridiculous quantities of everything, have the most stupid citizens, a cretin as their leader, exploit smaller nations any way they can, are obsessed by wealth and hedonism and much more.

And you're telling me Saddam and North Korea are the problem?

YOU are a problem. You speak in gross generalizations, use emotionally charged and very vague words to try to make up for your lack of real facts. We consume so much because we can afford to. We spend billions on foreign aid, and we keep sending more even if there's no way to keep people from stealing it. Anyway, I bet you are somewhat of a hedonist or would be if you actually had any real quantity of money.

A lot of the armed conflict we sparked or supported was caused to prevent the Soviet Union from taking over the blasted freaking world (if we didn't stop them, they would've done it)! And you think putting Iraq in the "Axis of Evil was bad? Where were you when Saddam called Western civilization the Great Satan?

If you want to sound off about pollution, you should speak for yourself. European air, especially in urban areas, is filthy. The Black Forest is being destroyed by acid rain. Even if you paid me a million bucks, I would not drink untreated water from the Rhine, Danube, or Thames.

What's this about biological, chemical, and nuclear weapons? First of all, tests in remote areas and the use of pepper spray don't count. Neither do the anthrax letters, since the government did not send them. We dropped two nukes on Japan because that was a far more humane way to win the war than an invasion would be. Over a million Americans and many more Japanese would die in such an attack. I guarantee a whole lot of them would've been civilians (armies as stubborn as the Japanese one often tend to draw civilians into the line of fire to make the opposing army seem barbaric to their countrymen and people from other countries and thus make their enemy give up).

Your opinions of G.W. Bush don't matter anyway because your radical liberal viewpoints do not represent the opinion of mainstream society. At least over here, Dubya has an 85% approval rating. So there. Ha.

Fredrik said:

You'll have to excuse the retarded side of your country for standing out so much...

Lot's of countries have retarded sides, they just aren't as popular as the US so making fun of them wouldn't be as fun.

Woolie Wool: You make good points, but you don't use paragraphs! err...

Woolie Wool said:

Drivel...then. to make up for your lack of real facts ..more drivel...then..Dubya has an 85% approval rating. So there. Ha.

69% get facts right if you are putting yourself above GS-1719.

fodders said:

69% get facts right if you are putting yourself above GS-1719.

The approval rating seems to vary among different surveys that are carried out. Fox News Channel puts it above 80%. I live in the Midwest, where G.W. Bush is very popular. On the east and west coasts, Dubya is much less popular. But, as the saying goes, there are three types of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics. Most people who gauge approval ratings have politial agendas or simply produce skewed statistics because the survey was carried out in one particular area.

Good God! Give me time to get the Hell out of America before you all start to annihilate it, please!

the_Danarchist said:

Good God! Give me time to get the Hell out of America before you all start to annihilate it, please!

Don't worry, you'll probably fit into the good 7.2% =P

Woolie Wool said:

YOU are a problem. You speak in gross generalizations, use emotionally charged and very vague words to try to make up for your lack of real facts. We consume so much because we can afford to. We spend billions on foreign aid, and we keep sending more even if there's no way to keep people from stealing it. Anyway, I bet you are somewhat of a hedonist or would be if you actually had any real quantity of money.

A lot of the armed conflict we sparked or supported was caused to prevent the Soviet Union from taking over the blasted freaking world (if we didn't stop them, they would've done it)! And you think putting Iraq in the "Axis of Evil was bad? Where were you when Saddam called Western civilization the Great Satan?

If you want to sound off about pollution, you should speak for yourself. European air, especially in urban areas, is filthy. The Black Forest is being destroyed by acid rain. Even if you paid me a million bucks, I would not drink untreated water from the Rhine, Danube, or Thames.

What's this about biological, chemical, and nuclear weapons? First of all, tests in remote areas and the use of pepper spray don't count. Neither do the anthrax letters, since the government did not send them. We dropped two nukes on Japan because that was a far more humane way to win the war than an invasion would be. Over a million Americans and many more Japanese would die in such an attack. I guarantee a whole lot of them would've been civilians (armies as stubborn as the Japanese one often tend to draw civilians into the line of fire to make the opposing army seem barbaric to their countrymen and people from other countries and thus make their enemy give up).

Your opinions of G.W. Bush don't matter anyway because your radical liberal viewpoints do not represent the opinion of mainstream society. At least over here, Dubya has an 85% approval rating. So there. Ha.

That is so much American jingoistic bullshit that it doesn't deserve a proper reply. Where did you get your information? It appears you know nothing on this topic (perhaps conveniently, though I doubt it).

As for hedonism, I have money and I choose not to drink myself to death, eat excessive levels of food or dedicate my life to continuous enjoyment.

Woolie Wool said:

Most people who gauge approval ratings have politial agendas or simply produce skewed statistics because the survey was carried out in one particular area.

Yes, that is why your

Woolie wool said:[/b]Dubya has an 85% approval rating. So there. Ha.

was uncalled for.

Fredrik said:

Don't worry, you'll probably fit into the good 7.2% =P

W00tage!

GS-1719 said:

That is so much American jingoistic bullshit that it doesn't deserve a proper reply. Where did you get your information? It appears you know nothing on this topic (perhaps conveniently, though I doubt it).

As for hedonism, I have money and I choose not to drink myself to death, eat excessive levels of food or dedicate my life to continuous enjoyment.

How much do you spend on computers and video games? What about your missus, if you have one?

fodders said:

Yes, that is why your was uncalled for.

The people who carried out the survey said that they 85% figure was taken from a variety of other surveys and say that it is the most accurate figure available.

Woolie Wool said:

How much do you spend on computers and video games? What about your missus, if you have one?

On games not very much in terms of time - an hour a day at most, or quantity.

Woolie Wool said:

The people who carried out the survey said that they 85% figure was taken from a variety of other surveys and say that it is the most accurate figure available.

Of course one would say that their own statistics are the most accurate.

Woolie Wool said:

Actually we doomers don't need to use that much money. After all we are able to get almost indefinite amounts of enjoyment from one old game.

Woolie Wool said:

You know what? If you don't like to suck cock, your immediate future on DoomWorld might be unpleasant for you.

Wool: It's the "So there. Ha." bit that people have problems with, not your numbers. Besides, approval ratings taken in private polls don't mean much in the long run.

Maybe instead of destroying America, we should just strip it of it super power status. It’s about time America learned some fucking humility!

If you think the Iraq thing is about the danger Saddam Hussein might use nuclear or biological weapons you are utterly blind. Its all about Oil and power. Iraq is a threat to US control over the Middle East Oil reserves.

If you really want to consider dangerous nations, consider Israel, which has an Arsenal of over 200 nuclear warheads, and has been making comments such as:

• "Arabs may have the oil, but we have the matches." (Ariel Sharon)
  • "The nuclear issue is gaining momentum (and the) next war will not be conventional." (Israeli president Ezar Weissman).
Remember Israel is a country America is backing.

Woolie Wool said:

Wiping America off the face of the Earth would be a foolish idea for you Europeans to do. American aid money saved you Europeans from dropping down the economic bunghole after World War II. We sell many products to you, many of which you need. You don't have enough farmland left to sustain your population. So Europeans buy a very large portion of their food from America. We have infinitely more military power than you do, and we use it to protect you. You'd be much more vulnerable without military support from us. Europeans use a lot of technology created by Americans. We have some of the best universities in the world, and many Europeans study in them. That's only the beginning. Also, ID SOFTWARE IS AN AMERICAN COMPANY! Without Id, there would be no more DOOM and no more Quake. And DOOM III would never be released! Windows, Linux, and Mac OS are American products. The vast majority of computers are American in origin. Want to get the latest Athlon processor after the US has been destroyed. FUHGEDABOUDIT! I could go on and on, but you get my idea. If you want to say something like "wipe America off the face of the Earth," stop and consider the consequences of such a thing happening before you speak.

1. Wiping the USA off the face of the Earth is not planned so far by the Europeans, at least this I can assure you :)

2. The US could not sell any food, because they eat their food all alone, just look in the streets how many overweighed people are around (this really is a problem in your country). I know that coloured Heinz Ketchup rocks a lot, but...

3. The Frenchies, Brits and the Russian also have nukes and stuff.
And then, who and where are the enemies of the "united" europeans, as you speak of "us" Europeans?

US may have more military power, but we have less enemies outside our countries. and self-made foes inside.

Personally, I suspect that the US society is very stable and I am sure that the social problems will increase dramatically in the future. Like everywhere in the world. But I am afraid, the US have their worst enemy in their own country and severe problems ahead.

4. Americans use a lot of technologies created by Europeans. Like computers (ever heard of Conrad Zuse and Siemens/Nixdorf?).

And so the military industry. The "blessings" of the Atom (Wernherr von Braun), the first cruise missile created by the German and and the jet-propelled plane, also created by us (I would like to insert here that I am not very proud of any military development, but that is how the world is going around.) US development in the military field was *far* behind the German standard, the US won the war because they had way more production resources, but the quality was far behind ours. Well, let´s imagine, its 2002 and the whole world eats Sauerkraut and listens to Marschmusik (Marchmusic).

Most of the development in the sun energy field (just an example) is German.
Then, USA is a multi-culti thingy, you should be aware that your country is full of Europeans.

5. "We have some of the best universities in the world." Yes, we have :)

6. "Without Id, there would be no more DOOM".
And without this russian programmer in St. Petersburg, there would be no Tetris.

7. Mac OS is an American product. I love you for that, smack :)

Well, I don´t think that healthy patriotism is that evil, we only should look that our heads stay clear.

Let's get this clear - my original comment about America being wiped off the face of the Earth was a sarcastic one in reply to Woolie Wool's original stupid comment negating American guilt on environmental matters.

Woolie Wool said:

You only spend foreign aid on countries where you have an interest. Ex: Europe received the Marshall Help because if Europe didn't function, the US wouldn't have any business relations and trade would start to go downhill for the Americans.
Nowadays, I believe it's all about which country has oil and such. The US doesn't spend aid on countries if they don't see potential profit.

Boy you are narrowminded! It has been mentioned in the "War on Iraq" thread that the communists didn't want to "take over the fucking world" - get it right communist hater. And just because *one* dictator (Saddam) calls Western civilization "The Great Satan", doesn't justify punishing a whole country and its people by calling the place for "The Axis of Evil" - are you fucking out of your mind, or are you just a regular stupid person?

Seems like I have underestimated your stupidity. It's Americans like you that make Europeans and people from third world countries criticize Americans for the sake of them being Americans.

These country/leader "debates" only end up in flames unfortunately, even if it starts with the best of intentions and reasonable discussions, it always goes downhill.

I think this thread should die now, before it gets any worse.