Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
AndrewB

Gamepad Search Hopefully Over

10 buttons, USB, and cheap. Only $35 CAD at the local Staples. I've only got $18.53 in my wallet after spending $20 on a car line-in adapter and giving $10 to a homeless guy last night. I just hope Staples is open until 9PM toworrow.

PS2 gamepad + USB adapter = God

Ah, another sane person around here. I hate PC controllers. Especially with the terrible D-Pads and weak joysticks. The best controller ever is the PSX/PS2 controller.

You can buy a cheap psx dual-shock controller for $20. $15 for the converter. Same amount you paid for that controller, which may seem great now, but the wear and tear it'll easily take will make you regret your purchase.

LOOKALIKE! Accept no substitution!

Get the ACTUAL PSX Dual-Shock. I have tried that Interact controller. Crap compared to the real thing. The joysticks suck on it, and I like the D-pads on the PSX and Nintendo controllers only.

My PSX Dual-Shock works perfectly fine with my PC. A MUST BUY for any PC gamer. The converter isn't that much money.

elbryan42 said:

LOOKALIKE! Accept no substitution!

Get the ACTUAL PSX Dual-Shock. I have tried that Interact controller. Crap compared to the real thing. The joysticks suck on it, and I like the D-pads on the PSX and Nintendo controllers only.

My PSX Dual-Shock works perfectly fine with my PC. A MUST BUY for any PC gamer. The converter isn't that much money.

Where do we get it!?

I got the psx dual shock, only thing is I don't have the pressure sensitive buttons, are there any games on the pc that even take advantage of that function?

P.S. Railgunner: Remember, google is your friend.

http://www.ncix.com/canada/productdetail.php?sku=6362

That's the one I have. Plug it in, and it works right away. Yes, even with XP. :P

The adapter works with most peripherals, even the DDR mat. I don't know if any games support the pressure sensitive buttons though.

And, again, unlike the tread on the forum in the link, it DOES work with XP. I don't know what that guy's on, but it does work. Probably something wrong with his system configuration. I used my PSX controller on many XP systems without fail.

I got a shitty gamepad upstairs, little did I know when I bought it that the drivers floppy was stolen out of the box >_<

Use3D said:

that was nice of you to buy booze for a homeless man.

Oh the irony!

I wonder if you plug that convertor into the PS2's USB slot, if ti works?

Heh. I'm trying to find a place in australia that sells these things...

mmnpsrsoskl said:

I wonder if you plug that convertor into the PS2's USB slot, if ti works?

Weren't they supposed to make controllers that hook up to the ps2's USB ports anyway? Sincer the PS2 only has two standard controller ports compared to the dreamcast and other game systems? If they did could you just use that controller instead of buying a seperate converter?

orion said:

Weren't they supposed to make controllers that hook up to the ps2's USB ports anyway? Sincer the PS2 only has two standard controller ports compared to the dreamcast and other game systems? If they did could you just use that controller instead of buying a seperate converter?

Well I know the C-GON2 plugs into a USB slot. I don't think there are any official PS2 controllers that use the USB port yet. I think they left 2 of the old ones there for backwards compatibility and to so that you'd wouldn't have to buy 4 of the new controllers.