• Overdose
    • Hanging
    • Pistol (self inflicted)
    • Pistol (The Harris Method)
    • Jumping
    • Gas
    • Bleeding
    • Other (please state)

Here's another idea: Put your head in a vice. Start tightening. This is a very hard but satisfying way of commiting suicide.

...hands everyone a pair of Joo Janta 200 Super Chromatic Peril Sensitive sunglasses, just in case they decide to actually go through with it...

...also considering emailing this thread to Jack Kervorkian...

orion said:

maybe a shot to the head actually, it's the only painless way to die I think.

I recall a discussion in USENET some years ago about whether it really was painless, centring around whether the pain messages reached the brain before its ability to sense pain was destroyed by the damage caused by the bullet. I can't remember if a conclusion was reached, given the lack of first-hand accounts. Still, something to bear in mind.

I'll pay anyone $1000 if they would volunteer to be the test subject in an experiment to prove the theory reported by Grazza. You would receive the payment once the experiment is completed, but only if the suicide attempt is successful.

Just don't miss. If you've gotta shoot yourself in the head, put the gun in your mouth and bite down on it. If you put it to your ear or your chin, there's a chance the gun could slip and leave a rather interesting trench across your skull. If that happens, pray you die from shock.

There's an investigation going on in England about 4 soldiers commiting suicide at the same base but different times over the last 7 years.
Last September Geoff Gray from Seaham, County Durham, was found shot dead on guard duty at the Princess Royal Barracks.
Geoff Gray, father of Private Gray, said: "When the Army came to my door their first words were 'Your son's committed suicide'.
"It wasn't until six months later that we discovered he had been shot twice in the head.

You can't shoot yourself twice in the head.

"What we're calling for now is a public inquiry into the four deaths a Deepcut.

One soldier was shot five times and it was still said to be suicide."

The case began in June 1995 when Sean Benton, 20, was found dead with five bullet wounds in his chest.

Five months later, the body of 17-year-old Cheryl James was discovered with a single bullet wound to her head.

Earlier this month, The Daily Telegraph newspaper reported that James had been forced into a sexual relationship with a corporal before she died.

Both police and military investigations concluded the recruits had taken their own lives.

Then, last September, 17-year-old Geoff Gray was found dead with two gunshot wounds to the head.

And six months later, the body of James Collinson, also 17, was discovered with a single gunshot. Collinson, like two of the other soldiers, had been on guard duty when he was shot.
Strange stuff too because the Army has destroyed the evidence, all the clothing has been burned etc.

fodders said:

And six months later, the body of James Collinson, also 17, was discovered with a single gunshot. Collinson, like two of the other soldiers, had been on guard duty when he was shot.
Strange stuff too because the Army has destroyed the evidence, all the clothing has been burned etc.

Aliens?

the_Danarchist said:

That was from the opening of the movie Magnolia. Sadly, I've only seen the first hour or so of the movie, though I would like to see the rest. Seemed pretty cool.

It's a really fucking cool movie.

Grazza said:

I recall a discussion in USENET some years ago about whether it really was painless, centring around whether the pain messages reached the brain before its ability to sense pain was destroyed by the damage caused by the bullet. I can't remember if a conclusion was reached, given the lack of first-hand accounts. Still, something to bear in mind.

Even if you did feel pain it would be for a split second. Nothing to worry about.

DooMBoy said:

If and when I ever kill myself, it'd be a poison OD or something quick and painless. I see no point in making myself suffer more than I have to.

Uh, most poison overdoses involve waiting for hours in excruciating agony as your insides dissolve. I wouldnt call that "painless".

Carbon monoxide probably the most painless way to go. Most people never even know it's present, then they pass out and die if they don't get to a better ventilated area quickly enough.

IMJack said:

Just don't miss. If you've gotta shoot yourself in the head, put the gun in your mouth and bite down on it. If you put it to your ear or your chin, there's a chance the gun could slip and leave a rather interesting trench across your skull. If that happens, pray you die from shock.

You can also fire it upwards through the depression at the back of the top of your neck so that the bullet shoots through the medulla, cerebellum, and cerebrum. Make sure it's aimed just right, though, or you might miss the medulla and spend the rest of your life as a moron and/or vegetable.

Palestinian leaders, responding to U.S. demands to reform government corruption and reign in terrorists, have implemented a policy replacing suicide bombers with the less deadly, but equally effective, manic-depressive party crashers.

Members of Hamas and Islamic Jihad vowed to begin sending the most melancholy terrorists into Israeli occupied territories, settlements as well as nightclubs in the heart of Jerusalem.

"The Palestinian Intifada will soon enter a new and even more ugly phase," threatened Hamas leader Mohammed el-Hazzan. "We will not hesitate to send scores of our most weary, pathetic slackers to attack Israel where it hurts most. I promise you that nothing ruins a Bar Mitzvah more than a group of depressed Arabs."

Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, during a meeting with military troops admonished Arafat for the new threats, and implored Israelis to do anything in their power to retaliate, including preemptive strikes at suspected party crashers.

"Try and make them laugh with a funny but off-color Jewish joke," Sharon instructed. "If that doesn't work, put on some clown makeup and do some magic tricks. If neither of those work, then go ahead and shoot them, but the clown thing should work pretty good."

@Orion Yeah that list was VERY entertaining to read .. creepily entertaining.

For me though id like to die in a car crash or something like "dragging" down the highway and hitting a car head on or something.

"If I could Choose any way to die, it would be to burst into flames on the crosstown bus." - George Carlin

That sounds about right.

Other than that, I would like to die in a huge fiery explosion while saving millions of innocent people.

Other than that, suicide is out of the question :)