Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kinsie

Random Person (Non-Doom related)

I originally drew this on paper around half-past one AM on new-years day (The character was originally eyeing up a king-sized beer bottle with the caption "I like a challenge..."), and I recently taken a snap of it with my webcam, traced it on my comp, and coloured it.

I know it's nothing, NOTHING like the realistic, often sombre and moody art that frequents these forums, but someone might like it. Probably not, but you never know, I could get lucky...

Really nice. It has some kind of subtle but profound surreal-naïvistic expressivity and the composition is excellent.

verry.. ehh stylish :) saying it is abstract would propably offend your skills :)

Nah, big words make me happy... or something.

Strange, I'm better at characters on paper, and at backgrounds on computer, but can never be arsed to combine the two.

i never expected to see something like this on the doomworld forums. nevertheless it's pretty damn good. i always enjoyed this kind of artwork. i'd actually enjoy seeing the entire picture, complete with beer bottle and caption.

monochrome said:

i never expected to see something like this on the doomworld forums.

I never expected to be praised for it.

As for other stuff I have blue-tacked around my monitor...

- The same character flipping the bird with the caption "Frankly my dear, I don't give a s#!t"

- A crudely drawn "rough" version of the character, drawn as a small child would in a happy pose, with the caption "I LIKE PUPPIES AND KITTENS"

- A blueprint for a massive, doom-style weapon using spaceship propulsion systems to fire massive bullets.

- A groovy image I should scan in and finish of a proper, polished version of the character arguing with a rough greylead sketch of himself.

I'll commandeer the scanner for most of tomorrow, just for you guys!