Mancubus
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Creative Works > YPOD Storyline

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 23:19. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
fraggle
Filled with the code of Doom

I found this on the website for the YPOD Quake TC:

For the past year and a half you haven?t gotten one good night of sleep. You are still worried about the evil forces of Space and Hell. You know that it was much too easy to defeat them, and you worry about the fate of Earth and the galaxy. Will you be able to defeat the forces of evil again if you need to? Hopefully you won?t have to find out.

-----------3:43am you get a call from your commander at UAC.------------

Commander: DoomGuy!! They?ve returned and are back for vengeance, they want you!!

DG: Huh..? (just waking up)

Com: My home is surrounded by Hell Knights, my guards are holding them off.

DG: No! That?s impossible, I killed everyone last one of those bastards!

C: We?ve just received information from the MoXill space station, we believe The Forces of Evil are cloning! DoomGuy please, Earth needs your help again, you?re the only one that can fight these things!

DG: Stay right there commander, I?ll be over in no time.

C: DoomGuy, one last thing, they want more than Earth this time, they want AAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Gurgle, choak, CRUNCH, thud, growl.

DG: COMMANDER!!!!!!!

Demonic Voice: DoomGuy, We?re coming after YOU!!!!!

DG: you, you festering piece of mutated snail !

-----------------------Phone slammed onto the hook.-----------------------

You?re house starts to rumble with the deep sound of a shuttle hovering above the roof, after gathering some weapons from your closet, you head upstairs and board the shuttle craft from your attic window. You are informed that you are headed for the alien planet where the cloning station is. It seems that The Forces of Evil have begun repopulating their old domains in an attempt to regain their power in the galaxy for a full scale attack on Earth. As an added distraction The Forces of Evil have disrupted the space/time continuum, so that all of the remaining Domains of Evil are now on the one central alien planet. In the heart of the Evil Domain there is no distinction between Space and Hell.

You arrive in a high tech cloning facility. All around are stasis tubes full of monsters and demons being built from scratch. It seems peaceful except for a few guards that you waste, so you begin looking for something big to kill. As you explore the plant you find a loading bay that leads to the outside, where you see a very familiar building. As you step towards it you are sucked into a teleporter and are teleported into The Hangar!

You progress through pure nostalgia. Some levels are destroyed from your last visit, and some are combined due to the space manipulation of The Forces of Evil. As you progress through the levels you start to wonder how you are going to get back, but you are quickly ridding the galaxy of The Forces of Evil?s ugly minions.

You end up teleporting back to the cloning station after killing everything else on the planet. The station is completely overrun by monsters and demons of all sizes. The battle is magnificent, it nearly kills you. You walk amongst your piles of bodies. Pieces of CyberDemons are scattered about.

You hear a rumbling voice over the intercom, "Excellent, you only have one more clone to fight, DoomGuy."

You are teleported into a large battle arena where you see a very familiar face. The Forces of Evil have cloned the ultimate warrior, and YOU must defeat him?GOOD LUCK!!!

Old Post 08-05-01 02:37 #
fraggle is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lüt
Administrator

You?re

Haven?t
ROFL

Old Post 08-05-01 08:45 #
Lüt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
AndrewB
I would commit first degree murder and then fabricate evidence to make it look like self defense.

So he teleports to the Hangar, and one short paragraph later he rids the whole planet of demons. And then a little bit later, he's transported to a battle arena where he must fight the ultimate warrior? And then it says "GOOD LUCK!!!!"?

You're right, that is jaw-droppingly bad writing.

Old Post 08-05-01 09:15 #
AndrewB is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Naked Snake
HAHA I AM A FAG AND I CAN'T CHANGE THIS TITLE ANYMORE

No now go away. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
.Seriously,I think a blind retarded chimp on coke could write a better story.

Old Post 08-06-01 21:04 #
Naked Snake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
fraggle
Filled with the code of Doom

It really is quite bad....

C: DoomGuy, one last thing, they want more than Earth this time, they want AAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Gurgle, choak, CRUNCH, thud, growl.

DG: COMMANDER!!!!!!!

roofles

Old Post 08-08-01 00:01 #
fraggle is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
diluted
I am maga

it plays even worse, and the first level, after the difficulty select, is the gayest thing ive ever seen in my life, you go to a phone, and you hear a little kid trying to sound hard, its just overly pathetic

Old Post 08-08-01 07:29 #
diluted is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
maga
look deep into my eye

*ahem*.... errr.... ummm,.. I forgot what I wanted to say...
*cough* *hack* ...damn..

Old Post 08-08-01 08:53 #
maga is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

Well, this 'storyline' sux0rs.

Old Post 08-12-01 01:58 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Naked Snake
HAHA I AM A FAG AND I CAN'T CHANGE THIS TITLE ANYMORE

Well, this 'storyline' sux0rs.

So true...almost as bad as the acting in the diolauge.wav for this.

Old Post 08-12-01 03:50 #
Naked Snake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
skadoomer

so THAT'S the storyline.... now it all makes sense...well, almost. It would be cool so instrad of the quake like intro to the game, depending where you went in your house would determine the dificulty. speaking of which, (and i never understood this either) why do you go into this secret chamber to open up your.......kitchen? Is the doomguy that secretive about his cookbook?

Old Post 08-12-01 06:02 #
skadoomer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote