Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
BlueSonnet

The lost entry

Below is the possible entry for the second doomart contest. I decided not to finish this one for the contest because i felt the mod\theme concept might get it marked down when it came to the voting.

So anyways he it is for you. It's not perfect (it's main flaw IMO has to be the blood puddle) but not a bad attempt if i may say so myself. Oh and no you don't have to copy and paste.

http://www.geocities.com/tstuke/Mangadoom/lostentry.html

That looks awesome! (Sweeeet!)
I agree with the blood puddle but its not that bad.
I like that demon/monster thing. Keep it up man.

Haha, two thumbs up for the big gory hole in the monster's chest. I like the angle you chose, but the background and glow kinda hurt the image IMHO.
Nice work though:)

The art is pretty good, but:

Mangadoom

If Silverwyvern ever makes an art contest where the assignment is to do Manga-style Doom pics, I'm gonna give her a death far worse than she deserves.

Manga and Doom just doesn't mix.

Anyway this drawing is nice as usual.

dsm said:

If Silverwyvern ever makes an art contest where the assignment is to do Manga-style Doom pics, I'm gonna give her a death far worse than she deserves.

Well there goes my hope :P

DaJuice said:

I like the angle you chose, but the background and glow kinda hurt the image IMHO.

I tried to play around with the image a bit to see if it's to your liking in any way.

http://www.geocities.com/tstuke/Mangadoom/lostentry_2.html

dsm said:

Looks like i do make wise decisions from time to time. Heh.

dsm said:

Manga and doom just don't mix

To some extent i agree with you there. I don't believe that putting something cute (say digimon, which i hate) with doom works very well and only achieve a humourous effect (eg: POTI). However i wouldn't say that there's anything wrong with redesigning doom to a more cartoony style for a mod (eg lizardwar) as long as it's just a mod. Of course i'm sure you know that.

btw: like i said in the other thread, MD isn't some cute mod and any cute cute concept art that you've seen is just for humour overall. It's generally just as horrifically serious as the original doom only it's a different universe so you have nothing to worry about. ;)

Darkstalker said:

Well there goes my hope :P

Well you can always crash at my forum once it's up (proboards)

edit: I may have to ask the DW staff about that. I wanna get my geocities site hosted on dw (as soon as it's all neat and polished) and i'm curious if they'll allow a different forum of it's own.

edit: How many damn times must i edit this post? O_o

BlueSonnet said:

To some extent i agree with you there. I don't believe that putting something cute (say digimon, which i hate) with doom. However i wouldn't say that there's anything with redesigning doom to a more cartoony style for a mod (eg lizardwar) as long as it's just a mod. Of course i'm sure you know that.

btw: like i said in the other thread, MD isn't some cute mod. It's generally just as horrifically serious as the original doom only it's a different universe so you have nothing to worry about. ;)

Well, I can't say that I agree with you. I don't like redesigning Doom elements into something more cartoonish or cheesy (like this pic), but you're right that it's all right to have it in a mod.

As long as the mod allows people to see it in their own ways - like: I wouldn't regard it as Doom specifically.
But we're all different.
Right now I'm in a good mood, which means that I'm liable to apologize if I have the slightest suspicion that I said something that could put people off, so I'd like to apologize if I seemed a little rough on you before.

/Me goes back to whatever he was doing.

dsm said:

Right now I'm in a good mood, which means that I'm liable to apologize if I have the slightest suspicion that I said something that could put people off, so I'd like to apologize if I seemed a little rough on you before.

*pats him on the shoulder*

My friend, you're doing just fine. :) It's only at the point when people deliberately try to make me believe in something i don't in such a forceful manner that makes me burst into flames, and you're no where near that point.

Hey, that looks a bit like the gopher I wasted today.. :) Yeah, really, I mean it.
The helmet is kinda funky, tho.

I definitly like the second pic better, the first ones looked like it had too much photoshoppiness (warning: not a real word), but not in a good way.

I also liked the modified version more than the original. I liked more the one with white background, but the shading in characters I like more without that cellshading type effect. Otherwise nice pic and very nice to see somebody is making art here :)
I come here almost daily to checkout if anyone has done any new pics and I'm really disappointed when I see that only couple of new fanfics have appeared :(

Whaah!!! Thats fun. Proper coloring and neat effects.

I fully agreed with dsm about mixing Doom and Manga style. So i consider to watch more on teck part of the pic, then to its idea... Whatever, this pic is good...

zabnat said:

...I'm really disappointed when I see that only couple of new fanfics have appeared :(

Alright, alright.. This must be a sign. :) I sorta lost my groove for a while back there, I'll be doing some new junk. Any requests? ;)