Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
BlueSonnet

Kiss from a rose (aka: best deviation evar!!)

Good enough, I really like the glowy effects on the eyes, tail, and wings (or lightsabers?)of the guy. But how in the heck did that add up to 77 layers?

purrrrrrrdy..... O.O

awesome job man, not my cup o tea for subject or style but i couldnt do as good so consider me impressed :D

P.S. haha the title made me think of...

"I might compare you to a kiss from a rose on the grave.
Ooh, the more I get of you the stranger it feels, yeah.
And now that your rose is in bloom, a light hits the gloom on the grave."
Seal - "Kiss From A Rose"

P.P.S. the glow and smokey stuff around the peddles = sweeet

Phew so far so good. Thanks guys.

Coopersville said:

But how in the heck did that add up to 77 layers?

Trust me it did, one for each bit of colouring. Later i'll post info on all the layers and what each one did.

Yeah you're getting better but IMHO Soraya's eyes and/or the shape of the head doesn't look right. Her hair also seems to be lacking some volume and the arms of Ryu looks to be too far from the body and kinda short. The rose is superb and the background and glow effect are a nice addition. It shows that you put a lot of effort in this drawing, good job.

IMO it's pretty easy to go nuts on the layers.. I usually end up with 70 or so layers to make small things like a logo..

I like layers.. :p

I llove layers as well.
I like the pic. That guy's hands look kinda strange, but the rose and the chick are awesome, as one would expect from an Fan Fics and Pics Mod :P

Imo, It's still my best work on my deviantart account but!

My 3 flaws to me is the hair flowing just by Soraya's right arm, the walls and ryu's arms. The arms being the worst flaw, which is a nuisance as i'm at least decent when it comes to anatomy. I might just see if i can edit the arms length\angle\whatever with a bit of photoshopping, but chances are i may just leave it as it is and learn from my mistake next time i pull off another masterpiece. I can still fairly say that the techniques i have learnt when creating this pic has laid a solid path to follow.

Besides even if i do change the anatomy, my regret is that this pic is still good not enough to save deviantart from the plague that is Inu yasha. Bleaugh!