Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Shapeless

Zombie Marine

Another Maquette that I did for fun. It's supposed to be a rendition of the green haired former humans from classic doom.
I was going by their discribtion and made him more zombie like by ripping off the nose. In-game they seemed more possesed with the red eye's and I always pictured them to be kinda like the vampires from the Buffy show, then zombies. Well there you have it, a zombie Marine.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v96/Nataniel/IMG_2199.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v96/Nataniel/IMG_2202.jpg

Nose is a nice touch, and as for the hair, I want to see someone attempt the green hair in a natural way, I have to this day not seen a 3D or model representation of a convincing Green-Haired zombie.

Comiclez- I'm glad your digging it. If I ever make a full figure green haired marine, I will probably make it look more comic book style/cartoon like the game. but who knows mabe there will be a realistic version in the future :)

Pretty solid overall, concept-wise, the missing nose doesn't look good to me. I've personally always perceived the former marines as having noses; although reinterpretation certainly never hurts. The mouth looks to be sitting a tad too far to one side as well, not sure if that was intentional or not--'proper' proportions don't always apply to zombies.

Thanks Mmm, I agree about the nose. But I was going for a more zombie look. anyhoo That's as far as I take it. I already took it apart and made something else.just tosing a different idea out there. :)

So, these are all just temporary sculpts then? Seems kind of a waste to make something and then destroy it--although you do have a pictoral record of it.

If I wanted to finish it I would have a real hard time doing so. this grade of chavant is not hard enough for detailing. I beleave it's medium grade. I have some of the hard stuff but did this little dude in my spare time at work. If I brought the hard grade I would need heating tools. and I couldn't look too obvious while working. I don't want them to think I was slacking off on the job;)