Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
leileilol

not much polys

Looks awesome! You've definitely got the super deformed Pocket Fighters look going there.

This model is nice too, but the colors seem rather washed out--the animated model is much more vibrant and colorful. Maybe your palette is limited with UT, I don't know.

things with bows kinda rock. this only took a couple hours and i also recorded the process from start to finish.

Excellent Birdo rendition! Pretty sharp for only two hours of labor.

Very nice end result, considering the low number of polys. I haven't looked at Tessa sprites in a long time, but I believe the brim/base of her hat is large and circular, rather than the elongated "boat" shape you gave it.

Bank said:

Do those wheels even have three dimensions? They look excruciatingly flat.

The whole thing looks flat.

I have to agree with the others--it's too flat looking. The low poly count is definitely working against you hard here.

Well, if would have helped if you had mentioned that was what it was designed for. Still, even considering that, I think that a game developer, doing that type of game, would still make the model more like an actual car in shape, including height, even though the game is played from the top-down perspective--although I imagine they wouldn't bother with texturing the bottom of the car.

Good stuff you got here. I can understand why you modeled the car like that if the camera was in a fixed top down position that never moved. Other wise you would never see the tires and sides of the car. The way you created it gives it the look of a sprite.

Wow I forgot how old this thread was, almost a year ago!

But Ivy... Thats impressive, how long did this take you?

leileilol said:

7 hours total

which is all gone because that dickwad who ran the compo i did this for denied and rejected it because it's not a character from a shitty western shootan gaem. I have purged my model files relating to it.

Yes I know that was blog material but let's move on

Very nice Ivy model. The textures are a bit too jaggy looking, but other than that, I like it. It's a shame to hear that it got rejected for a contest, although I can't pass judgement without hearing the other side of the story from the contest organizer.

Seems rather silly to delete it in a bout of angst, especially considering it's not bad. Reminds me of something for a Playstation game.