Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shapeless

Alyx Vance mini bust 1

I haven't the foggiest idea of who the character is, but the sculpt is very solid from an anatomical standpoint--perhaps the best human likeness I've seen you do to date.

So, um, you actually finished the Pain Elemental? Pics? The last time you showed it here, you still hadn’t finished the horns/arms, if I remember correctly.

It's a good face I think. Very genuine. What made you do this one?

And yes, Pain Elemental... If its done lets take a look at it, we haven't had an update on that thing in forever.

I think she's a Half-Life character. And incredibly well sculpted too. Looks just like her.

thats pretty damn sweet. wish I could get a human face lookin that good. I need to seriously do some art supply shopping and get cracking on some projects.

thanks for the nice comments. I chose her face cause I thought she had a lot of character and charisma. And the half-life series is one of my favorite game series, right after Doom ;D

the pain elemental is almost done.

MmM said:

I haven't the foggiest idea of who the character is, but the sculpt is very solid from an anatomical standpoint--perhaps the best human likeness I've seen you do to date.

So, um, you actually finished the Pain Elemental? Pics? The last time you showed it here, you still hadn’t finished the horns/arms, if I remember correctly.

She's alyx. Gordon's girlfriend from half-life 2

I'm finally finished Alyx..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v96/Nataniel/IMG_2762.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v96/Nataniel/IMG_2753.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v96/Nataniel/IMG_2754.jpg

although it's not complete I'll call it done. It was meant to be a rough doodle anyways. some of the proportions are off, but I'll get it right the next time when I'm working from supersculpey and with some better references.

I'll take some better shots and add them to my deviant art page later. thanks for looking :)

-NataN

Looks mighty fine to me. The only nit I can see is that the head seems a bit too narrow in profile, but that may be due to the hair making the head elongated in appearance.

That's cause I ran out of regular sculpey of that brown tinted color. this was leftover material from the pain elemental. I thought it would be enough for a little head, but forgot how bushy Alyx's hair is.

All that needs to be done on that Pain Elemental is the right arm which I'm thinking of doing over again, cause it seems easier then fixing the current one. So that's my nest goal of things to finish up soon. I really hate to start something new with so many things nearly done. I'll bump that thread with finished pics soon ;)

Oh, sweet, it's Alyx!!! She's one of my favorite video game characters (the Half-Life series is one of my favorites, though Doom tops the list, of course. ;] ) I'm liking this rendition you did of her. It looks just like her and has a lot of life to it, if you know what I mean. Nice work. =D

I'm glad you guys are digging the Alyx sculpt. I don't know how long I worked on it, since I also let it rest for periods of time. but I will make another Alyx bust at a bigger scale. And this time I will sculpt some of her shoulders. just have to finish up on some other things first tho. Any idea's on what facial expression to do for the next one?

Veeeeeery nice. Its pretty delicate and detailed. I don't know much about sculptures, but from what I see, there has been a lot of effort put into it.

Looks great.

Excellent face/overall proportions; I'd say the ears should be a tad larger/stick out a bit and they're set a little too far back on the head, but other than that, you're golden.

Enquiring minds want to know when you're going to finish that Pain Elemental you've been working on forever.