Ouchface
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Creative Works > NataN's DooM sketches
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 17:30. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Shapeless
Forum Regular

From now on I will dump all my Doom sketches in this one thread.
this was a sketch on lined paper but I went over it in photoshop

I call it LOST?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v96/Nataniel/lost.jpg

Old Post 09-01-08 03:10 #
Shapeless is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Tango

Awesome :P

Old Post 09-01-08 03:12 #
Tango is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Death-Destiny
Forum Regular

Ha ha, that's funny. The Soul is Lost. Nice artwork too! =)

Old Post 09-01-08 03:49 #
Death-Destiny is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Impie

Cute. Post more!

Old Post 09-01-08 04:51 #
Impie is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Shapeless
Forum Regular

I have a ton of doom and quake sketches that have never been seen before, but I want to scan most of them to prevent distortion form perspective, cause that's what occurs when taken from my digital camera.

And I also want to give them a photoshop treatment like I did this one :)

Old Post 09-01-08 05:03 #
Shapeless is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Steeveeo

Neato!

Old Post 09-01-08 05:59 #
Steeveeo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TomoAlien

This is funny. Good work!

Old Post 09-01-08 10:17 #
TomoAlien is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lüt
Administrator

I give that an epic mega-heh.

Old Post 09-01-08 20:03 #
Lüt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kyka
Loser

Thats really cool.

Not sure how the lost soul is holding up the map though.

:P

To the vanquished, headcrabs.

Also™

Old Post 09-02-08 03:22 #
Kyka is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
MmM
BoP

That's pretty cool, and a nice spin on the monster's name. Methinks the paper map would be consumed by combustion before the Lost Soul ever got a chance to give it a good look-over though.

Old Post 09-02-08 15:51 #
MmM is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Shapeless
Forum Regular

"Methinks the paper map would be consumed by combustion before the Lost Soul ever got a chance to give it a good look-over though."

that's basically what happens. Why do you think the Lost souls always look like they don't know what direction to go in :)

Old Post 09-02-08 21:01 #
Inferno

Thats clever I like it. Cool reference to Mt. Erebus, since that has souls on it.

Old Post 09-03-08 02:03 #
Inferno is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Shapeless
Forum Regular

I didn't have time to fix this in photoshop, but here is a piece I call Manc.

It's a little on the cute side but I hope you all dig it :)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...el/IMG_2815.jpg

Old Post 09-03-08 02:58 #
exp(x)

Shapeless said:
I didn't have time to fix this in photoshop, but here is a piece I call Manc.

It's a little on the cute side but I hope you all dig it :)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...el/IMG_2815.jpg

Needs more tits.

Old Post 09-03-08 04:01 #
exp(x) is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Shapeless
Forum Regular

here's another Manc

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...el/IMG_2812.jpg

Old Post 09-03-08 04:53 #
Inferno

Both manc pics are cool. The big shoulders look cool. Can't help but get some lulz at those tig ol' bitties.

Old Post 09-04-08 04:13 #
Inferno is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kyka
Loser

They look better than the mancs in Doom 3 IMO. Big and mean.

Cool drawings.

Old Post 09-06-08 10:23 #
Kyka is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Trilinear
I could care a less

Awesome work, love the cartoon with it's Mt Erebus reference and the manc renderings (nice classic angle for the second pic). Look forward to seeing more!

Old Post 09-06-08 23:45 #
Trilinear is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Shapeless
Forum Regular

thanks for the kind words guys:)

here's the original 'Lost?' image I worked from..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v.../IMG_2809-1.jpg

Eventually I changed the question mark-flame into one made of smoke and the cheezy line at the bottom. Then there's an older version that had 3 lost souls, looking at a map with the caption "Lost Souls" at the bottom.

anyway, now that I'm back from a one week vacation, I'm going to see about posting some new stuff.

Old Post 09-11-08 21:28 #
Creaphis
I will deliberately take a contrary position just for the sake of writing incredibly long arguments

Oh jeez, "lost" soul. Now I get it. It only took me nine days to catch on.

Old Post 09-11-08 21:44 #
Creaphis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Shapeless
Forum Regular

Here's an oldie that I posted before but I'll post it again in case someone likes it..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...MG_2783copy.jpg

and this is something doom inspired

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...el/IMG_2818.jpg

I did both of these in my spare time at work.

Old Post 09-12-08 00:54 #
MmM
BoP

The bleeding face is cool; that'd make a nice background element/graphic in a level.

Old Post 09-12-08 14:45 #
MmM is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Inferno

Suprised I never say the seargent, looks good with the origional walking stance.

The face is very good too. The only thing I could say If you wanted to improve it is the try to have the blood hug on the face more so it doesen't look as liniar, but it looks cool as it is.

Old Post 09-12-08 15:54 #
Shapeless
Forum Regular

"The face is very good too. The only thing I could say If you wanted to improve it is the try to have the blood hug on the face more so it doesen't look as liniar"

Your right it should be running down the face. the idea came from a wall fountain in doom. And the lady is inspired by a Giger painting titled 'The Mangus'

I made some adjustments to the Lost Soul, which I also added to my Deviant art gallary. http://natan77.deviantart.com/art/Lost-97939803

And I am almost done a Imp in that same cartoony style which I'll most likely post tomorrow.

Old Post 09-14-08 20:30 #
Shapeless
Forum Regular

I haven't had time to photoshop and edit the pictures I've taken but here's something to look at in the meantime..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...niel/doom-1.jpg

Old Post 09-18-08 06:28 #
Inferno

That's an awesome HUD face, I like it the way it is. Very nice!

Old Post 09-18-08 14:26 #
Shapeless
Forum Regular

I'm glad you like it Inferno. It's not finished yet, but here's an update
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...el/doomcopy.jpg

still have to add bloodshot eyes that are glistening through the darkness.

Old Post 09-21-08 04:58 #
Mechadon

All of these are extremely awesome. Makes me jealous...I really wish I had some sort of drawing talent.

Hope to see more!

Old Post 09-21-08 05:00 #
Mechadon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Shapeless
Forum Regular

Thanks for the kind words guys:) Here's an animated version of the Doom 3 mancubus..http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...el/IMG_2837.jpg

It's a little on the cute side but that's OK when it comes to the mancubus :D

Old Post 09-21-08 16:46 #
Trilinear
I could care a less

I have to say that the bleeding face is one of the coolest things I've seen in ages. I disagree with the comments suggesting that the blood should follow the contours of the face, the linear sheet-like nature of the blood is what makes the drawing IMO. That, and the black, sad-looking eye sockets and the angular, feminine facial structure. Masterful work.

Old Post 09-22-08 00:03 #
Trilinear is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote