Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Banana

Doom fanfiction setting ideas?

I'm kinda getting bored doing Warhammer 40,000 fanfiction and have been thinking about doing some kind of Doom fanfiction for now. I don't know where to start though. I can make my writing set in the future of the Doomverse, where hell has found another way into the universe. Perhaps rogue UAC scientists who were possessed by Daemons but decided to act normal and keep secret, thus allowing themselves to engineer another teleportation device that would allow them to open another portal to Hell and another invasion would start.
As for a title, the setting would be called Relentless Doom, to represent Hell's many attempts to invade and control mankind's worlds.

Shapeless said:

I don't read fan fiction unless it's a comic book, but how about an underwater u.a.c facility?

Yeah, on Earth, studying remnants of the same civilisation they found traces of on Mars.

Shapeless said:

I don't read fan fiction unless it's a comic book, but how about an underwater u.a.c facility?

Heretic Episode 3.

That can be the start location of the series.

Another idea is putting together lots of screenshots and making it into a comic type thing. I'd preferably need to do this with some doom editor, as I'd like to use my own made up environments for something like this. I'd also prefer being able to add extra marines with the editor (rather than having just one marine clearing the entire facility).

Banana said:

That can be the start location of the series.

Another idea is putting together lots of screenshots and making it into a comic type thing. I'd preferably need to do this with some doom editor, as I'd like to use my own made up environments for something like this. I'd also prefer being able to add extra marines with the editor (rather than having just one marine clearing the entire facility).

yeah but it's the law that all those other marines have to be killed off by the end of the introduction, otherwise it's not Doom anymore. :P

More than one marine? Blasphemy. Well not really, hey it's your story.
And I gotta say, I really like the idea of a comic story with each pic being a screenshot from Doom itself. In fact, that is an awesome idea.

Good luck with it. I am interested to see what you come up with.

Are any good map sets for this? I could do one marine soloing clearing the whole area.