Cacodemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Creative Works > Lights Out: a freeware game

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 17:06. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Impie

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a289/5thman/loshot01.png

Something has gone wrong at the medical research facility. Armed with nothing but a flashlight, you must attempt escape...provided you're brave enough to leave your room.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a289/5thman/loshot02.png

Don't let the simple gameplay fool you -- you may end up leaping out of your seat or screaming like a cheerleader before the night is out.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a289/5thman/loshot03.png

In the dark, you can't see well enough to identify obstructive/noisy objects, and small objects like keys and extra batteries are completely invisible.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a289/5thman/loshot04.png

With the flick of a switch, you illuminate your corridor....but everything else is blackness.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a289/5thman/loshot05.png

Unlock the elevator to escape to the next floor, narrowly escaping a fate worse than death. You'll have your share of close calls in this game.

So how about it? Care to brave the haunted halls of Lights Out?

http://www.filefront.com/14616387/lights-out.rar

Good night, and good luck.

Lights Out runs on Windows XP and Windows Vista (if it doesn't, let me know). It's 28 levels of spooky fun!

Last edited by Impie on 09-28-09 at 08:03

Old Post 06-11-09 02:49 #
Impie is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Dreadopp

That's a pretty neat game. :)

Old Post 06-12-09 00:19 #
Dreadopp is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Creaphis
I will deliberately take a contrary position just for the sake of writing incredibly long arguments

This looks interesting. However, this monitor has never been able to display 320x240 correctly so I can't check it out.

Old Post 06-12-09 21:31 #
Creaphis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Impie

Creaphis said:
This looks interesting. However, this monitor has never been able to display 320x240 correctly so I can't check it out.

Crap. Well, what about 640x480? Thats the resolution for my next release (which is more reminiscent of Doom than this one).

Old Post 06-13-09 02:42 #
Impie is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Creaphis
I will deliberately take a contrary position just for the sake of writing incredibly long arguments

Yeah that's no problem. But windowed modes or higher-resolution modes with multiplied pixels are a good idea in general.

Old Post 06-13-09 22:20 #
Creaphis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Impie

I've replaced the file with a new version that doesn't mess with the screen resolution. You can toggle fullscreen mode by pressing F4.

Last edited by Impie on 06-13-09 at 23:59

Old Post 06-13-09 23:33 #
Creaphis

Impie said:
I've replaced the file with a new version that doesn't mess with the screen resolution. You can toggle fullscreen mode by pressing F4.

Thanks for going to the trouble. Cute game.

Old Post 06-17-09 04:19 #
Impie

No trouble at all. I just have a tendency to do things the hard way before I figure out the easy way...

Old Post 06-17-09 05:44 #
Impie

Decided to revisit this little bastard and fix it up a bit. Version 1.1 available. Monsters slower, game easier. Download in the first post has been updated.

Old Post 09-28-09 08:03 #
Snarboo

This looks like a lot of fun. Downloading right now!

Old Post 09-28-09 08:06 #
Snarboo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Solarn

The downloads for this game have disappeared. Could someone upload it somewhere again? I deleted it not long ago by accident and I'd like to play it again.

Old Post 03-22-12 12:20 #
Solarn is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
TB171

Looks cool and fun! Downloading it right now :D

Old Post 04-08-12 01:44 #
TB171 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote