Spider Mastermind
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Creative Works > Some cool DOOM action figures

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 03:11. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
MmM
BoP

I didn't make any of these. There are all done by various toy customizers at the Figure Realm online community I belong to.

DOOM 3 Revenant:

http://www.figurerealm.com/viewcust...e.php?FID=13579

DOOM Space Marines:

http://www.figurerealm.com/viewcust...e.php?FID=16329

http://www.figurerealm.com/viewcust...re.php?FID=6210

'The Rock' as a Space Marine:

http://www.figurerealm.com/viewcustomfigure.php?FID=794

Old Post 09-21-09 18:56 #
MmM is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dreadopp

The Revenant looks pretty cool. :)

Old Post 09-21-09 19:55 #
Dreadopp is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Coopersville
Get Psyched!

My inner child knows he would have fun playing with those, but the adult Doom fan scoffs at their 80's cartoon-like inaccuracy.

Old Post 09-22-09 22:29 #
Coopersville is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kyka
Loser

I saw an MmM thread with "Doom action figures" as the title.

Yaaaay, MmM has made some new Doom figures. Neato, says I.

Boy was I disappointed when I got here. :P

Last edited by Kyka on 10-15-09 at 17:36

Old Post 10-15-09 17:25 #
Kyka is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Patrick
someone employed to clean and maintain a building

Cool stuff

Old Post 10-15-09 19:16 #
Patrick is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Shapeless
Forum Regular

I saw the Rev action figure some time ago.

I wonder what would posses someone to do a Marine based on the Doom Movie??

Old Post 10-23-09 23:46 #
Shapeless is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Glaice
formerly Mr. Chris

The first doomguy figure looks better with the helmet on because of his hair color. doesn't match in the games. He has brown hair, not ginger.

The second doomguy figure looks better if you ask me..

Old Post 10-24-09 15:41 #
Glaice is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Shapeless
Forum Regular

this guy's got some video's of his doom monsters on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D36f...re=channel_page

Old Post 10-25-09 17:27 #
Shapeless is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
myk
volveré y seré millones

Shapeless said:
I wonder what would posses someone to do a Marine based on the Doom Movie??
Its the only one that looks good, if you ask me.

Old Post 10-25-09 17:41 #
myk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
MmM
BoP

Shapeless: The pinky model in that video looks pretty good. Man, I can remember when I used to think using a chunk of corrugated cardboard for my figures bases was a good choice too.

I'm rather partial to the Marine toy with the huge helmet/accessories--while it's kind of cheesy, I think that's the kind of DOOM figure you probably would have seen in the 90s if somebody has gotten the license. The Revenant is cool too, but I can't for the life of me figure out why the artist didn't use transparent arms to match the legs.

Old Post 10-27-09 16:31 #
MmM is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
diosoth
Mini-Member

2 classic Lost Souls I made using the heads of broken Ghost Rider toys plus some animal teeth.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj72/diosoth/lostsoul3.jpg

Old Post 01-26-10 15:26 #
diosoth is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Philnemba

Very awesome diosoth! The way the horns are makes them look like the beta Lost Souls in a good way.

Old Post 01-26-10 15:38 #
Philnemba is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
MmM
BoP

Those are pretty cool, the only criticism I have is that the animal teeth elements you added don't match up well with the bone color of the Ghost Rider heads. A black or gray paint wash on them would probably give you a more consistant overall look (or, alternatively, you could paint the skulls to match the teeth, but that'd be more work). It's obvious that they're added on elements as-is, particularly on the larger of the two heads.

Old Post 01-26-10 15:59 #
diosoth
Mini-Member

The color match of the bigger Lost Soul is very close in person but the photo catches them differently. I own a lousy camera to start with. The smaller one was painted over. The toy skull had a nasty black paint wash so it was necessary.

Old Post 01-26-10 16:08 #
diosoth is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote