Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
FireSeraphim

My Personal Art Gallery.

I happen to be an amateur artist and sprite artist. Today I am going to show you my artwork. comments are welcome.

1: The Bastard Child of Two memes (I Can't Beat Airman & PINGUS)
8-Bit

I still find it funny.

2:All Hell Hath Broketh Loose

Oh noes, IMPS FROM DOOM!!

3:An old action scene.

(DEEP SIGH)

4:some old Back To The Future Fanart.

I still wonder how Marty is doing and whether or not if Doc Brown is really happy in the Old West.

5:A Self portrait of me.

A crappy self portrait that I made with a pre-existining sprite.

6:The Ultimate Showdown.

Not very epic.

7:Absolute Mind Rape

[Dr.Wierdgus:Steve,Steve,Steve,Steve,Steve. I feeeeel good.]
And that why we never combine Dr. Wierd from ATHF with Giygus From Earthbound.

8:Megaman's Power Level

It's Over 9000!!

9:The Horrors of Hell

Mario:Are the scary-a Demons gone yet?

10:Commander Keen Owns Megaman's Ass

You don't ever want to piss of Commander Keen. He will own your ass.

Most of this stuff is pretty unimpressive, but I think you really got something with the Megaman Imp -- that one really tickled me. I would steer clear of stuff like sprite comics/scenes and more towards lending a hand to amateur game developers at communities like yoyogames.

That is, I recommend everyone steer clear of doing sprite comics, but I think you might have potential in the second field.

7:Absolute Mind Rape

Behold!! A universe controlled by Photoshop!

I recommend everyone steer clear of doing sprite comics

Good advice.

@everybody:Can you stop being so hateful. My sprite art is based on the concept of Found Art. I usually get the pieces I need and arrange them to make art.

Keyblade Master said:

@everybody:Can you stop being so hateful. My sprite art is based on the concept of Found Art. I usually get the pieces I need and arrange them to make art.

Found art this is not. Nor is it collage or really anything. If that is truly the intention it is not executed successfully. I see nothing original here, be it imagery or intent, just characters taken from something, drawn in the same style as something, with the same internet memes from something, and nothing from the artist, should he even be called that with no artistic contribution to his "own" work.

@Bank:Then you have never read Bob & George, and it become quite clear that you hate sprite comics and that you are cleary narrow minded whether you like to believe it or not. Why don't you stop being narrow minded and ignorant towards sprite comics and learn to appreciate them and you and your fellow forum may find them not be as bad you thought they were.

an example to open your mind
http://www.bobandgeorge.com/

Hooray, another over-reactive artist.

Everyone gave honest (albeit frank) thoughts on what you posted without resorting to petty insults. You could easily have turned this thread into a cordial discussion about the pros and cons of sprite comics, but instead decided to lash out and tell us we're ignorant. As long as we're talking about open-mindedness, try ditching the "like my stuff or GTFO" philosophy. We get enough of that around here.

Keep that up and nobody will want to talk to you, and then how'll you develop as an artist?

@Impie:The reason why I lashed is because everyone who has posted in this thread so far has given me the impression that they absolutely hate sprite art. I know full well that the world does not need people like that who are not willing to try to understand a new medium. And you're one to talk actually. let's take a look at what you said about sprite comics.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I recommend everyone steer clear of doing sprite comics

--------------------------------------------------------------

In my few years of surfing the internet I have found ten times more people who have mastered the art and the principles of sprite comics
then those who have failed to master it. Therefore I am kindly asking to reconsider what you think is art and what you think is not art. I did not think I have over reactived in any way, but rather I may have misunderstood. Can anyone tell me how on earth did this idea of "all sprite comics are bad" even entered the popular conscience of almost everybody on this forum.

Keyblade Master said:
Then you have never read [...]

What's clear is that you didn't read his post. You might have looked at the words typed there, but the grammatical relations between them seem to have escaped you. For your own good, please reread it carefully.

Try rereading mine, too, and mulling over both for a week before posting again.

If you are going to do sprite art, at least do something original. Making recolors and pasting other characters takes no effort at all.

What Mr. Freeze said. I'm personally bored of MegaMan recolours, because I've been seeing that stuff since Newgrounds started. I tried to be subtle in my comments; if my post was too offending in nature, I apologize.

Keep working on sprite editing, and make an effort to create sprites that are more recognizable as your own style, and not just an obvious recolour with an added goatee.

@Coopersville:I hereby request that this thread should be closed and archived till such a time I may request it opened again. I have read everyone latter commentary, I may yet reflect on it. I never wanted this thread to wind up causing a flamewar in the first place.