Weird impy thing
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Creative Works > Winnie The Pooh shan't be getting my honey

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 09:36. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
MmM
BoP

CAVE NEEDLE

Subterranean, bipedal, wasp-like enemies that can be found in Sega's 1988 Altered Beast [original Japanese title: Jyuuouki (Beast King's Chronicle)] arcade video game (it was also ported to many popular home systems soon afterwards, including the Genesis, Famicom, Master System, PC Engine, and several computer formats--more recently, it has also appeared as a selection on various Sega compilation discs and as a virtual download).

These arthropods can only be encountered in the third level, The Cavern of Souls. Cave Needles sprint through the rocky tunnels of said locale in large numbers, impaling unfortunate trespassers on their poison stingers. Their vestigial wings are too small to allow flight. A single punch or kick, regardless of how powered-up the player currently is, will destroy these chitinous critters, or, if you've collected enough orbs to morph into the Bear form, you can petrify them with an exhalation of your breath (after which you can opt to leave them as-is, frozen in stone forever, or shatter the insect statue to pieces).

Materials:
Newsprint, Kleenex, white glue, hot glue, wire twist ties, transparent plastic from a toy package, gloss nail polish, and acrylic paint.

Dimensions:
[NOTE: Due to the articulation, these values will vary depending on how the joints are positioned;
the numbers given assume a neutral standing pose.]
4.5 cm/1.8 in. x 6.0 cm/2.4 in. (widest point x highest point)

Articulation:
Twenty-three points: Antennae (4); mandibles (2); neck(2); wings (2); forelimbs (4); torso (2); stinger; hips (2); knees (2); and ankles (2).

Time:
Ten days; January 15-25, 2010--with no work performed on the 23rd.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/kramwartap/AB_cn.jpg

More info at my web page for this figure:

http://kramwartap.fortunecity.com/cave_needle.html

And, on a completely unrelated note, here's a Might & Magic (NES port) monster sprite archive I put together:

http://www.angelfire.com/ult/ace/MM_bestiary.html

Old Post 01-26-10 16:04 #
MmM is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
StevieCybernetik

Holy shit. That thing would freak me the hell if I ran into one, I HATE wasps/bees. Great job on the sculpt ^_^

Old Post 02-03-10 12:22 #
StevieCybernetik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Shapeless
Forum Regular

You've done an amazing job MmM. I'm not familiar with the game nor the character but for some reason it reminds me of this scene from the Bee movie where a bee who stings a human and lives to tell about it, describes his experience exactly like like an orgasm.

Old Post 02-07-10 20:33 #
Shapeless is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote