Cacodemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Creative Works > microdoom

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 09:44. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Impie

It's an experiment in which I merged several of my game engines into a single engine, then reproduced the first level of Doom.

http://www.yoyogames.com/games/150404/download

http://www.yoyogames.com/extras/image/name/san2/365/385365/original/doomthing1.png
http://www.yoyogames.com/extras/image/name/san2/366/385366/original/doomthing2.png
http://www.yoyogames.com/extras/image/name/san2/367/385367/original/doomthing3.png

Old Post 11-03-10 04:57 #
Impie is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
magicsofa

hm...tried to run it on windows 7 and it froze when I click the mouse :(

I think its because of an error when I open the program; failed to initialize direct music audio

Old Post 11-03-10 15:39 #
magicsofa is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
magicsofa

anytime a sound plays I guess

Old Post 11-03-10 15:44 #
magicsofa is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
udderdude

Gamemaker games are known to have problems on Windows 7 (and Vista sometimes)

Your best bet is a VM session of XP or another PC running XP.

Old Post 11-03-10 17:34 #
udderdude is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
magicsofa

it's fun...would love to play multiplayer hehe

tried a tyson run but I died in the exit room

Old Post 11-03-10 21:00 #
purist

Pretty fun. I'd have liked a larger view but otherwise it was neat. Any more levels planned?

Old Post 11-03-10 21:13 #
purist is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Coopersville
Supreme Gentleman

Not too bad.

Old Post 11-03-10 21:23 #
Coopersville is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Xtroose

Nice. I would love to see the entire episode finished.

Old Post 11-03-10 22:10 #
Xtroose is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Impie

Xtroose said:
Nice. I would love to see the entire episode finished.

I've got everything I need to do Knee Deep in the Dead, it's just really time consuming to translate the maps. It'll probably be an off-and-on project if anything, although now that I got everything working the way I want it'd be pretty much smooth sailing to do a whole ep.

Weird that you have that sound error, magicsofa. I run it on windows 7 just fine.

Old Post 11-04-10 02:30 #
Impie is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Philnemba

I love it ^^

Old Post 11-04-10 22:29 #
Philnemba is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Phml
Forum Staple

Fun.

Old Post 11-04-10 23:44 #
Phml is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
magicsofa

Impie said:
Weird that you have that sound error, magicsofa. I run it on windows 7 just fine.

I was trying to play on the computers at my school's library so they probably have some ass-backwards set up going on :P

(for example, I've seen those computers take over an hour just to log someone on. WTF)

Old Post 11-05-10 01:07 #
Impie

magicsofa said:

I was trying to play on the computers at my school's library so they probably have some ass-backwards set up going on :P

(for example, I've seen those computers take over an hour just to log someone on. WTF)

christ, what else is new? school comp labs have some kind of worldwide policy about hiring the least qualified people to manage their networks and machines.

Old Post 11-05-10 02:24 #
Coopersville
Supreme Gentleman

Mine's great. That's where I played it.

Make the doors open automatically.

Old Post 11-05-10 19:05 #
Coopersville is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Impie

Coopersville said:

Make the doors open automatically.

Aren't you thinking of quake? Or are the doors unresponsive when you run it?

Old Post 11-06-10 08:16 #
Vaporizer
Forum Regular

Awesome.

Old Post 11-06-10 08:34 #
Vaporizer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Clonehunter
Forum Staple

This was pretty fun! Make more!

Old Post 11-08-10 01:32 #
Clonehunter is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Coopersville
Supreme Gentleman

Impie said:

Aren't you thinking of quake? Or are the doors unresponsive when you run it?

I was more suggesting that you have doors open when the player approaches them as opposed to hitting the spacebar. That is, if you go ahead and make a full version of this game.

Old Post 11-08-10 23:13 #
Impie

I'm probably going to leave them as-is to keep the reproduction accurate. Of course, it'll be a while before I finish the episode anyway. I might finish several new things before I finish this one....

Old Post 11-12-10 04:02 #
Impie

now comprised of e1m1 and e1m2. please note the invisibility powerup doesn't work yet, and ammo/armor is not carried over to the next level. those features will be implemented if i finish the thing.

Last edited by Impie on 12-06-10 at 01:04

Old Post 12-06-10 00:45 #