Spider Mastermind
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Creative Works > Doom style comic?

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 10:14. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
doomguy97
Warming Up

Hey. I wanna make a gory and hideous doom styled comic.
NOT A DOOM RIP-OFF!!!
I need help with story and ideas and characters.
I wanna make some really gory things, so be prepared >:D

Old Post 11-28-10 21:17 #
doomguy97 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Use3D
Forum Legend

doomguy97 said:

So essentially the whole thing. Awesome.

Old Post 11-28-10 21:53 #
Use3D is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
hervoheebo

Howaboutthis:

Story: Doomguy finds himself in some techbase with a pistol and 50 bullets.

Ideas: Uh, he kills monsters. A lot. Very bloody.

Characters: Doomguy and his pistol, who he believes is sentient and can talk to him.

Old Post 11-28-10 21:59 #
hervoheebo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
EarthQuake
9.5 on the Richter!

It also needs Japanese school girls and cacodemons.

Old Post 11-28-10 23:21 #
EarthQuake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
walter confalonieri

So, in less words you want to make a ero guro dojinshi of doom?
Not a bad idea overall, only bad shit that is ero guro, or almost something really goriest...

EarthQuake said:
It also needs Japanese school girls and cacodemons.

You think the same thing i wrote above, huh?

Old Post 11-29-10 00:11 #
walter confalonieri is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Coopersville
Supreme Gentleman

doomguy97 said:

Marines killing and surviving. What else do you need help with?

Old Post 11-29-10 17:08 #
Coopersville is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
doomguy97
Warming Up

Well...I was thinking some more detailed,I'm going to skip my own comic and go straight at making a doom clone.
Story:space marines at military base on eart,earth has been occupied by demons.They fight around time to time.Suddenly base get's attacked every spacemarine dies except one who hides in hte severs.He walks down there killing finding weapons...Until he finds the(Quess what,You guessed right)BFG!!!!!and then he meets the cyberdemon :O

Old Post 11-29-10 18:04 #
doomguy97 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
StupidBunny
Forum Regular

Doomguy should rip and tear and cook with gas. That is important.

Old Post 11-29-10 18:33 #
StupidBunny is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
doomguy97
Warming Up

Why the fuck are everyone bashing me?

Old Post 11-29-10 18:51 #
Vaporizer
Forum Regular

Quess

Old Post 11-29-10 19:18 #
Vaporizer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Bank

May I reiterate my previously stated belief that the more numbers you have in your username the worse your posting will be.

The reason people are bashing you is because you've come to the table with a bad idea that you expect everyone to run with and execute for you.

Old Post 11-29-10 19:43 #
Bank is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Per-Scan

It's not necessarily a bad idea. It's just really vague. Which is ironic because that's all a Doom story needs to be... :)

Old Post 11-29-10 20:12 #
Per-Scan is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
valhallaist

Use these as an inspiration

http://lord-massdestruction.deviant...gallery/7149868

Old Post 12-02-10 13:53 #
valhallaist is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
doomguy97
Warming Up

Bank said:
May I reiterate my previously stated belief that the more numbers you have in your username the worse your posting will be.

The reason people are bashing you is because you've come to the table with a bad idea that you expect everyone to run with and execute for you.

The reason that i got numbers in my username is becuase doomguy probably is used,So then i added my birth(1997)

Old Post 12-04-10 00:36 #
Bank

doomguy97 said:

The reason that i got numbers in my username is becuase doomguy probably is used,So then i added my birth(1997)

The point is that you did that as opposed to thinking of an original username, but that's really aside from the point.

Listen, if you can show us some drawings or storyboards or really anything you'll be in the clear (well, maybe that's a little generous.)

Old Post 12-04-10 04:57 #
Bank is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
doomguy97
Warming Up

Umm...I'll go for the story that i told you.The reason i want a little story is because the doom comic(Original one)Kinda sucked!And i got a friend which is PRO at drawing.He had beenInterviewed by The papers.And he has been talking to alot of good artists

Old Post 12-04-10 11:18 #
hervoheebo

doomguy97 said:
The reason i want a little story is because the doom comic(Original one)Kinda sucked!

Uh oh.

Old Post 12-04-10 12:07 #
hervoheebo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Mr. Freeze
etc.

I'd be willing to write a story, no joke. PM me for details.

Old Post 12-04-10 15:53 #
Mr. Freeze is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
doomguy97
Warming Up

Mr. Freeze said:
I'd be willing to write a story, no joke. PM me for details.

Just post it here. I hate pm's

Old Post 12-04-10 18:22 #
Mr. Freeze
etc.

doomguy97 said:

Just post it here. I hate pm's

Uh, no. What I meant is: You give ME details, and I try to write them inside a narrative. You'd probably want to PM me, unless you want to spoil the entire plot.

Old Post 12-04-10 19:10 #
Mr. Freeze is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Impie

or better yet, he could just practice writing or drawing on his own time and not have to outsource everything.

Bank's right, too. If you want to start a thread about doing a new Doom comic, post storyboards or sketches and see what people think. Don't post a general idea for a project and ask everyone to pitch in and basically do the work for you if you don't wanna get bashed. Pretty sure that happens often enough in the Doom Editing sub-forum.

"I got an idea for a Doom map with lotsa revenants! Somebody should make it!"

"Why don't YOU make it?"

"Cuz I'm lazy :D"

Annnd ribbing ensues.

Old Post 12-06-10 00:53 #
Impie is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
doomguy97
Warming Up

I Posted a storyboard longer up in tha thread

Old Post 12-06-10 15:23 #
kristus
Megablast!

valhallaist said:
Use these as an inspiration

http://lord-massdestruction.deviant...gallery/7149868

Those really suck. But that's hardly surprising, them being on deviant art and all.

Old Post 12-06-10 23:54 #
kristus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
MmM
BoP

I wouldn't say those DeviantArt drawings suck--granted, they're not the best DOOM drawings I've ever seen, but they're far from horrid.

Old Post 12-07-10 15:47 #
MmM is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
doomguy97
Warming Up

FUUUUUUCK!!! :(
I had all plans made up and suddenly my friend(That draws things) Wouldnt join me anymore :( Just suddenly he says no!
I am sorry...
BUT! I will try to do something else for doom :) So be on watch Cuz Ill be back >:D

Old Post 12-07-10 17:39 #
Impie

I concur, the drawings definitely don't suck. They're some of the better Doom fan drawings I've seen, actually.

Old Post 12-09-10 01:28 #
Impie is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Clonehunter
Forum Staple

doomguy97 said:

Just rip ideas, characters, themes and plot elements from every piece of Doom Work, EVERYTHING, and some Quake stuff too, like characters. The SKulltag bots could be characters too. FOR story, borrow Doom 3's story and mix some Doom MOvie and Doom 1 elements, and possibly some art styles from the comics. Betruger could be an antagonist of sorts again. FLynn could be your main guy, followed by another Campbell, Swann, Crash (Quake), Seenas and Synas from Skulltag, Chubbs, and of coure cameos of the iD team like Romero and Carmack.

NOw how's that for a realistic approach?

Old Post 12-09-10 02:57 #
Clonehunter is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote