Reaper Grimm
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Creative Works > Status bar

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 01:01. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Doomspace2112

Okay, 17 hours of time (hopefully not wasted), my first ever attempt to make pixel art, decided to make a status bar in the style of dead space. Is it any good, or should I refine it more?

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/180/2/b/doomspace_status_bar_version_1_by_alaskanlevi-d3khz3s.jpg

Please give me criticisms and suggestions for improvement.

Old Post 06-30-11 03:45 #
Doomspace2112 is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
esselfortium
A Major Doomworld Concern

Is that Dr. Gregory House?

Old Post 06-30-11 04:20 #
esselfortium is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doomspace2112

Bwahaha, that is funny, I'd never realized that House looked like Isaac Clarke. I totally see where you're coming from though. As awesome as it would be to have Dr. House blasting his way through hell and back, this person right here is who the face is based on.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/_...0/Isaac_DS2.jpg

Old Post 06-30-11 04:28 #
Doomspace2112 is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Coopersville
Get Psyched!

Looks pretty cool to me.

Old Post 06-30-11 18:05 #
Coopersville is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Use3D
Forum Legend

So you did all the number tiles and stuff too? Fairly awesome looking.

Old Post 06-30-11 18:07 #
Use3D is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doomspace2112

Use3D said:
So you did all the number tiles and stuff too? Fairly awesome looking.

Everything you see I made from absolute scratch, besides the shape of the letters, I downloaded a font for that, but all the different things where made pixel by pixel. Worth making a mod of? I showed some of my classmates in graphics design and they where talking total game conversion(A very select few), but none of us know the first thing about making sprites for doom, other than using the PLAYPAL palette. I'm pretty dedicated, and willing to refine my knowledge.

Old Post 07-01-11 10:31 #
Average

Yeah, I'd like to see it in-game. One of my favourite things about Doom, aesthetically speaking, is the status bar. It really adds a sense of atmosphere to a wad. For example, the Eternal wad would feel quite different to me if it used the standard status bar...

Old Post 07-01-11 13:21 #
Average is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
HippyJonny
Banned

Looks pretty cool to me bud, nice colour use, not ott but gives a good flair to it.

Old Post 07-01-11 13:49 #
HippyJonny is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote