Doom Comic
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Creative Works > Epic Fanpic

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 16:57. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Dee

I am not the artist, but I thought I would share my find, some of you have probably already seen this!

Original Link:
http://agentscarlet.deviantart.com/...5626?fullview=1

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/3489/doomtributebyagentscarl.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Old Post 07-07-11 13:51 #
Dee is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Clonehunter
Forum Staple

That is amazingly kick-ass.

Old Post 07-08-11 05:08 #
Clonehunter is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Daiyu_Xiaoxiang
Forum Regular

Doom 3 monsters in classic doom poster?

Old Post 07-08-11 05:23 #
Daiyu_Xiaoxiang is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Trilinear
I could care a less

Wonderful piece of artwork. Great colouring.

Notice the artist's use of the Quake III Arena Doomguy skin as the reference for his armour design, and that he's attached the Commando's minigun to his arm in the style of the demon in the original cover art.

Only negative point - Doomguy's upper body proportions are clearly too small for his legs, making him seem "weedy" compared to the more familiar herioc depiction.

Old Post 07-08-11 09:12 #
Trilinear is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Dee

yeah but i think its so badass regardless. honestly this would make a really badass titlescreen for a zdoom project Ultimate Doom 3! or something lol

Old Post 07-08-11 12:14 #
Dee is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Coopersville
Supreme Gentleman

Higher res please.

Old Post 07-09-11 00:28 #
Coopersville is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Ed

Looks a bit like a Centaur, minus the back legs. Still an amazing piece of artwork.

Old Post 07-09-11 02:21 #
Ed is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Dee

Coopersville said:
Higher res please.

click the original link to go to the deviant art page. it has high res version

Old Post 07-09-11 12:24 #
Vios
Warming Up

Good job. That looks cool, surely the monsters graphic is updated to the doom 3 graphic, and that Cyberdemon on the background it's fantastic. But (sadly) I found that some little details are changed-deleted:
1. the pistol that you see down, near the imp. (it's you with the pistol- replaced with anything)
2. The marine on the background trying to help the other one (replaced with the cyberdemon)
Well, some details added
3. The cacodemon on the right, near the marine.
4. That... monster on the left of the marine (monster of doom 3)

Old Post 07-20-11 10:34 #
Vios is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Mithran Denizen

How dare the artist change details in their homage?!

Vios said:
But (sadly) I found that some little details are changed-deleted:
1. the pistol that you see down, near the imp. (it's you with the pistol- replaced with anything)

What? Unless I misunderstand you, I'm pretty sure that 'pistol' is supposed to be a gun grafted onto a demon, the rest of which is off-screen.

Old Post 07-20-11 10:52 #
Mithran Denizen is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
D_GARG
Forum Regular

its really good, but these are for doom3 and, title is classic doom?

why is that archvile in the corner drooling?

and the landskape doesnt leave some dust on anything? wasnt the doom guys arms a bit ripped and slashed? ok they are but its almost like he just got out of the shower, also his legs look really long compared to his torso.

add on and modify this pic, then you got it PERFECT
I think its ok that you keep the monsters much as they are

Old Post 07-20-11 15:59 #
D_GARG is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
datadanne
Green Marine

D_GARG said:
its really good, but these are for doom3 and, title is classic doom?

why is that archvile in the corner drooling?

I think the Archvile finds Doomguy attractive.

Old Post 07-20-11 18:08 #
datadanne is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
D_GARG
Forum Regular

heh :D

and btw, the archvile doesnt look like an archvile it looks like the offspring between a grunt and a imp, a cheekless skinhead with a skull mutation

archviles are more like slightly muscled skin and bone

Old Post 07-20-11 18:21 #
D_GARG is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Vios
Warming Up

Mithran Denizen said:
How dare the artist change details in their homage?!
What? Unless I misunderstand you, I'm pretty sure that 'pistol' is supposed to be a gun grafted onto a demon, the rest of which is off-screen.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-image...martpistol.jpg/
this one, I circled it.

Old Post 07-21-11 10:57 #
Vios is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
xvertigox

This is awesome, I love the combination of classic Doom with Doom 3. Thanks for posting this!

Old Post 07-23-11 07:06 #
xvertigox is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Dee

No prob :D

Old Post 08-01-11 13:09 #