Archvile
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Creative Works > Doom Cardboard Shotgun

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 17:44. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
BuddhaMaster
Green Marine

Here's some partial making of my Cardboard Doom / Remington 870 Shotgun.

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/7633/image0137.th.jpg Basic body

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/7780/image0144.th.jpg Handle glued

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/2563/image0151qo.th.jpg Basic colors

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/9606/image0175g.th.jpg Second Colors, Shell-Eject and shell model.

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/1256/image0234t.th.jpg Iron-sight, trigger and protection added

The Pump part is actually done, still needs mechanically working, before attaching.

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/1885/image0238t.th.jpg

Took me some 7 days
It's made of toilet paper rolls and shipping packages,
I call it my shit-package! ;)

Last edited by BuddhaMaster on 11-07-11 at 23:33

Old Post 11-03-11 00:44 #
BuddhaMaster is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Maes
I like big butts!

BuddhaMaster said:
I call it my shit-package! ;)

Careful, for it might be considered another kind of shotgun ;-)

Old Post 11-03-11 10:09 #
Maes is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
NiTROACTiVE
Forum Regular

That looks really cool! It looks just like the shotgun from Doom! Nice job dude!

Old Post 02-29-12 16:26 #
NiTROACTiVE is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
MmM
BoP

Looks pretty sweet to me. Any particular reason you went with the single shot rather than the double barreled?

I've contemplated doing something like that a few times, but never followed through. Knowing my luck, I'd be out on the front porch painting my cardboard firearm, the cops would just happen to drive by, and then there would be a tragic "misunderstanding" about the gun being real. :D

Old Post 03-01-12 18:18 #
MmM is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
[PROTOTYPE]
Well it's obvious I haven't learned anything.

Very nice.Try to rob a store with that thing.Your success probability is high.

Old Post 03-04-12 22:51 #
[PROTOTYPE] is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
yellowmadness54

Reminds me of something I'd do in like, 5th grade and go running around my neighborhood playing with it, shooting invisible demons.

Me and my friends use to do this...

Videogames then fueled imagination, now they (with hollywood movies) just show how greatly people fall for the same commercial bullshit constantly feeding the lack of creativity.
:endrant:

Old Post 03-05-12 00:13 #
yellowmadness54 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Maes
I like big butts!

Well, now I know what to do with all those empty toilet paper rolls...

Old Post 03-05-12 02:34 #
Maes is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DoomUK
Forum Staple

yellowmadness54 said:
Videogames then fueled imagination, now they (with hollywood movies) just show how greatly people fall for the same commercial bullshit constantly feeding the lack of creativity.
:endrant:

Maybe it's because you're not 10 years old any more.

Old Post 03-05-12 09:47 #
DoomUK is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Phml
Forum Staple

Aren't you like 17, yellowmadness54? The 2001-2010 decade was probably the worst we'll ever see when it comes to video games being commercial. Compared to now, the indie scene wasn't as active yet, powerful mobile devices or internet speed weren't as widely available, distributing your games was still mostly tied to retail outlets, and on the other hand with rising development costs and the focus on graphic technology over anything gone were the days of small teams and games developed in weeks/months from the 90s. To name that period as some kind of golden age of imaginative videogaming is indeed being blinded by nostalgy.

Old Post 03-05-12 12:13 #
Phml is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
StupidBunny
Forum Regular

The single-barrel shotgun in Doom is sawed off. /nitpicking (EDIT: I looked again. I'm not so sure now.)

In all seriousness that is some beautiful work. I hope you have it in you to do some of the other weapons. :)

Old Post 03-05-12 14:54 #
StupidBunny is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Maes
I like big butts!

StupidBunny said:
In all seriousness that is some beautiful work. I hope you have it in you to do some of the other weapons. :)

Yeah, a toilet-paper roll chaingun or rocket launcher (with assorted rockets) would be the shit :-p

Hmm....incredible how toilet paper rolls can be so suitable for modeling weapons....kinda suspicious ;-)

Old Post 03-06-12 09:00 #
petePESTILENCE
Warming Up

[PROTOTYPE] said:
Very nice.Try to rob a store with that thing.Your success probability is high.

I second this notion.
If successful, be sure to let us know :D

Old Post 03-08-12 02:54 #
petePESTILENCE is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
KiiiYiiiKiiiA

StupidBunny said:
I hope you have it in you to do some of the other weapons. :)

It would be great to see a BFG made from toilet rolls.

We could call it the 'Shitstorm.'

*cough*

Anyway, shotty looks really good. Top work. :)

Old Post 03-22-12 08:42 #
KiiiYiiiKiiiA is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Harmata
Loser

Call it... Repercussions of Shotgun.

"No, toilet paper roll. You are the shotgun.
And then shotgun was a toilet paper roll."

Old Post 04-10-12 05:30 #
Harmata is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Hellbent
Forum Bellend

You're well on your way to completing next year's halloween costume!

Old Post 05-24-12 02:14 #
Hellbent is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote