Ouchface
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Fan Fics / Fan Pics > Doom pin metalwork

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 21:15. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Krispy

Here's a pin that I made. I wish I had a better camera, but you get the idea.

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j346/kris134/DOOM%20pin/th_Image02152012222637.jpg

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j346/kris134/DOOM%20pin/th_Image02152012222736.jpg

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j346/kris134/DOOM%20pin/th_Image02152012222808.jpg

Old Post 02-16-12 03:37 #
Krispy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Maes
I like big butts!

I wish you knew more about focusing and minimum distances.

Old Post 02-19-12 23:10 #
Maes is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Krispy

It's the camera. Trust me.

Old Post 02-20-12 01:27 #
Krispy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Maes
I like big butts!

[pedantic photography lesson]

Sure it is, but in those cases where you just can't focus that close/take macro pics, you take a pic from further away and crop it to the subject. Of course that comes at the expense of resolution (you use maybe 10% of your camera's pixels) but it solves a lot of problems inherent in cheap cameras and is surely preferable to have a 1 MP crisp picture instead of a 5 MP blurred blob.

If the picture is supposed to be in focus (and your camera has a proper "close focus" or "macro lens" mode) but the pic comes out "shaken" anyway, that's usually due to too long exposure time, especially if you take pics without a flash/strobe. In those cases, if you can't force your camera to use it/it really doesn't have one/can't set the exposure time manually, the only thing you can do is improving either external lighting or camera stability (from a tripod).

[/pedantic photography lesson]

Old Post 02-20-12 08:34 #
Maes is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
MmM
BoP

Cool and creative concept; never seen anyone here make DOOM jewelry before. I think the raised elements would have looked better if (1) they had been recessed instead, or (2) you had made the letters in their entirety, not just half of them. As it is, that approach looks unfinished to me.

Old Post 02-21-12 16:46 #
MmM is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
NiTROACTiVE
Forum Regular

This is prety cool! If I had one of those, I would wear it every time I play Doom!

Old Post 03-01-12 03:23 #
NiTROACTiVE is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
[PROTOTYPE]
Well it's obvious I haven't learned anything.

Next step:Doom piercings!

Old Post 03-04-12 22:53 #
[PROTOTYPE] is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Maes
I like big butts!

[PROTOTYPE] said:
Next step:Doom piercings!

Well, there's already at least one board member with a Doom tattoo...so I guess for one to be really rad he'd have to go at least with branding.

Old Post 03-05-12 16:53 #
sheeple
Warming Up

Maes said:

Well, there's already at least one board member with a Doom tattoo...so I guess for one to be really rad he'd have to go at least with branding.

I carved the Doom logo into my arm with a rusty fillet knife.

Old Post 06-14-12 08:50 #
sheeple is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Maes
I like big butts!

sheeple said:

I carved the Doom logo into my arm with a rusty fillet knife.

Not enough: the rusty fillet knife must have been encrusted with the blood of unbaptized infants.

Old Post 06-14-12 16:12 #
GoatLord
I really should think before I post.

Can I buy one of those off of you? Fucking please? If you can't tell, I like it a lot.

Old Post 07-17-12 03:31 #
GoatLord is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Krispy

Ha, thanks. I'll see if I can make more.

Old Post 07-20-12 04:45 #
scaled
Warming Up

How much would these run?

Looks pretty spiffy.

Old Post 10-26-12 18:28 #
scaled is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote