Mancubus
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Creative Works > YAY More Photoshop Art!

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 07:23. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Shadow Dweller
Forum Regular

Figured I'd come around again for another art-dump. Some of these are kind of old since I only draw something I'm happy with once in a blue moon. I added the flavor text that I included with the images on DeviantArt. I felt it added some extra depth to the images. It probably doesn't, but I like them.

"The City looks So Pretty..."
http://i44.tinypic.com/21mhmv9.png

"Do you wanna burn it with me?" - Hollywood Undead, "City"

The Lobby
http://i39.tinypic.com/2qs2gxz.png

Have a seat, get comfortable. Some one will see you shortly.

Doomsday
http://i44.tinypic.com/14uub2a.png

Everyone thought it was the weather that would be heating up this weekend.

Black Sun
http://i43.tinypic.com/mwz6mb.png

When the ground attacked the sky with it's poison, the sun, terrified, cast itself into shadow.

"I See You..." (Portal fans will get this one)
http://i42.tinypic.com/263c9ll.png

As usual, My Deviantart ID handle thing is ArchVile68

Old Post 02-28-12 11:26 #
Shadow Dweller is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Krispy

I like the last one most. I assume it say on it, "I'm still alive"?

Old Post 02-28-12 20:51 #
Krispy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Shadow Dweller
Forum Regular

It's supposed to say "I'm different". I probably should have made more of the text visible.

Old Post 02-28-12 21:00 #
Shadow Dweller is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
EarthQuake
9.5 on the Richter!

I like Black Sun because of it's simplicity. The flavor text goes really well with it and gives the image an eerie quality. Not even the sun can withstand the havoc wrought from below.

Old Post 02-28-12 22:50 #
EarthQuake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Phobus
Forum Staple

Nice pictures - I quite liked all of them :)

Old Post 02-28-12 23:06 #
Phobus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Krispy

Ha, look at pics 3, 1, and 4 in that order.

Old Post 02-29-12 00:21 #
Krispy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Shadow Dweller
Forum Regular

Krispy said:
Ha, look at pics 3, 1, and 4 in that order.

Lol, I never noticed that before.

Thanks for the comments, guys!

Old Post 02-29-12 00:47 #
NiTROACTiVE
Forum Regular

These look nice! Good job!

Also, does The Lobby have an infinite number of fingers on each hand tree?

Old Post 03-07-12 18:37 #
NiTROACTiVE is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Shadow Dweller
Forum Regular

Thanks!

To answer your question; That was one of the effects I was going for. The concept of the image was to have a near infinite number of hands on each tree, each one representing a soul trapped in limbo. Of course, I could only go to about 4 or 5 levels of hands.

Old Post 03-07-12 21:22 #
Maes
I like big butts!

Just a question - did you use an actual Doom level as the basis for Doomsday? The buildings look pretty Doom-y ;-)

Old Post 03-07-12 22:58 #
Maes is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
NiTROACTiVE
Forum Regular

Shadow Dweller said:
Thanks!

To answer your question; That was one of the effects I was going for. The concept of the image was to have a near infinite number of hands on each tree, each one representing a soul trapped in limbo. Of course, I could only go to about 4 or 5 levels of hands.

You're welecome, and I was right! Also, the effect on the fingers is like this GIF animation called The Bunglebrot Set by Cyriak:

http://www.cyriak.co.uk/gifs/bunglebrot.gif

Click here for the source.

Old Post 03-07-12 23:20 #
NiTROACTiVE is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
darkreaver

The Lobby has potentional. Lose the god awful text/font, and the extremely tacky airbrush-like fog need some work imo.
Also the composition of the image isnt good. Its way to heavy on the right side, and the second closest hand (the one to the right) should NOT be cut at the top.
So I guess what I mean is, move everything a bit to the left and a little down.

I may sound harsh, but deal with it ;)

edit: I like the simplicity of Black Sun, too. The bomb/smoke just needs to be moved a little bit to the left. That makes for good composition.

edit 2: do I see a face in the smoke/bomb clouds? Thats really tacky. I like the picture because what I think when I see it is "silence", even though its a fucking a-bomb detonating. Good atmosphere. The face just ruins it ;)

edit 3: You should rename Black Sun to Broccoli Man

Last edited by darkreaver on 03-08-12 at 01:16

Old Post 03-08-12 01:08 #
darkreaver is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Shadow Dweller
Forum Regular

@Maes : I wasn't really thinking of doom when I drew it, but I can see the resemblance though. If someone wants to use it for a sky, I'd be very interested to see how it looks. Although, I'm a little concerned that it might stretch.

There was another version that I drew that was a little more mellow(?) that could also work.

http://i44.tinypic.com/5lp6c4.png

I couldn't decide which I liked more. I eventually settled on uploading the other one to DeviantArt while this one served as my desktop background.

@NitroactiveStudios : I've seen that gif before, it's a really cool effect and one of my biggest inspirations for the image.

@Darkreaver : Thanks for the tips! I'll definitely take them into consideration in my next drawings. I like the faces in the cloud because they remind me of the people that got vaporized in the blast. That was most of the reason I drew it. Although, granted, one of them was a little more pronounced than I had intended, mostly because of the details.

Old Post 03-08-12 09:39 #
NiTROACTiVE
Forum Regular

I think the grey sky version of Doomsday looks cool too, but when will you post more art?

Old Post 03-15-12 23:58 #
Shadow Dweller
Forum Regular

Thanks! It's hard to say really when I'll post more. I try to post new work frequently (on DeviantArt) but I've often gone weeks without updating. It depends on how much inspiration there is I guess.

I'm also taking a 3D modeling class online, which is taking up most of my spare time and focus. Not that I mind.

Old Post 03-16-12 00:54 #