Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shadow Dweller

YAY More Photoshop Art!

Figured I'd come around again for another art-dump. Some of these are kind of old since I only draw something I'm happy with once in a blue moon. I added the flavor text that I included with the images on DeviantArt. I felt it added some extra depth to the images. It probably doesn't, but I like them.

"The City looks So Pretty..."

"Do you wanna burn it with me?" - Hollywood Undead, "City"

The Lobby

Have a seat, get comfortable. Some one will see you shortly.

Doomsday

Everyone thought it was the weather that would be heating up this weekend.

Black Sun

When the ground attacked the sky with it's poison, the sun, terrified, cast itself into shadow.

"I See You..." (Portal fans will get this one)

As usual, My Deviantart ID handle thing is ArchVile68

I like Black Sun because of it's simplicity. The flavor text goes really well with it and gives the image an eerie quality. Not even the sun can withstand the havoc wrought from below.

Thanks!

To answer your question; That was one of the effects I was going for. The concept of the image was to have a near infinite number of hands on each tree, each one representing a soul trapped in limbo. Of course, I could only go to about 4 or 5 levels of hands.

Just a question - did you use an actual Doom level as the basis for Doomsday? The buildings look pretty Doom-y ;-)

Shadow Dweller said:

Thanks!

To answer your question; That was one of the effects I was going for. The concept of the image was to have a near infinite number of hands on each tree, each one representing a soul trapped in limbo. Of course, I could only go to about 4 or 5 levels of hands.

You're welecome, and I was right! Also, the effect on the fingers is like this GIF animation called The Bunglebrot Set by Cyriak:

Click here for the source.

The Lobby has potentional. Lose the god awful text/font, and the extremely tacky airbrush-like fog need some work imo.
Also the composition of the image isnt good. Its way to heavy on the right side, and the second closest hand (the one to the right) should NOT be cut at the top.
So I guess what I mean is, move everything a bit to the left and a little down.

I may sound harsh, but deal with it ;)

edit: I like the simplicity of Black Sun, too. The bomb/smoke just needs to be moved a little bit to the left. That makes for good composition.

edit 2: do I see a face in the smoke/bomb clouds? Thats really tacky. I like the picture because what I think when I see it is "silence", even though its a fucking a-bomb detonating. Good atmosphere. The face just ruins it ;)

edit 3: You should rename Black Sun to Broccoli Man

@Maes : I wasn't really thinking of doom when I drew it, but I can see the resemblance though. If someone wants to use it for a sky, I'd be very interested to see how it looks. Although, I'm a little concerned that it might stretch.

There was another version that I drew that was a little more mellow(?) that could also work.

I couldn't decide which I liked more. I eventually settled on uploading the other one to DeviantArt while this one served as my desktop background.

@NitroactiveStudios : I've seen that gif before, it's a really cool effect and one of my biggest inspirations for the image.

@Darkreaver : Thanks for the tips! I'll definitely take them into consideration in my next drawings. I like the faces in the cloud because they remind me of the people that got vaporized in the blast. That was most of the reason I drew it. Although, granted, one of them was a little more pronounced than I had intended, mostly because of the details.

Thanks! It's hard to say really when I'll post more. I try to post new work frequently (on DeviantArt) but I've often gone weeks without updating. It depends on how much inspiration there is I guess.

I'm also taking a 3D modeling class online, which is taking up most of my spare time and focus. Not that I mind.