Spider Mastermind
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Creative Works > Pain Elemental sketch

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 16:14. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Coopersville
Supreme Gentleman

That fucker Technician called this forum dead, so I drew a Pain Elemental.

http://fav.me/d4u7r48

Now I ask you what I should do with it? Should I colour it in Photoshop or go with a more detailed black & white pencil sketch? View the rest of my gallery, weigh my pros and cons, and decide what you think I could do within my abilities to best complete this drawing.

Old Post 03-27-12 18:27 #
Coopersville is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Coopersville said:
to best complete this drawing.

Draw some pain l'emmental next to it.

Old Post 03-27-12 18:31 #
Gez is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

This is so wonderful I can't find words. It definitely gives some personality and depth to the soulless Doom mook population.

I just wonder how the chains are tied to the skulls, but I've never studied skeleton anatomy thoroughly.

EDIT: Looking at your DA site, I really like that muscular arm with a mouthful of teeth :P

Old Post 03-27-12 18:47 #
printz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Coopersville
Supreme Gentleman

I thought about having the chains bolted to their foreheads-- seemed too wacky. So, I hid the chains somewhere in the back of the skull. They're probably attached by hooks into the (demons' equivalent of the) foramen magnum.

It expands on the concept of demons actually cooperating with each other, or at least exploiting the others' abilities to aid in the defeat of Doomguy. I've been thinking of ways to implement a weak monster, like the Lost Soul, to enhance another monster. The original idea was to draw an Arachnotron having its tank suspended by four Lost Souls chained to the legs. Still a solid idea, imo, but with how my mind was working earlier, it probably would have (again) looked too wacky. Might take a shot at it some other day.

I guess the rationale behind this mob is that the Pain Elemental can have two Lost Souls at the ready before a marine steps into the room, and the chains keep them close to its body so they don't wander off. I guess it also allows the PE to have more attack options, being able to swing the Lost Souls like flails.

Old Post 03-27-12 20:37 #
Coopersville is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Or the PE could use them for propulsion; like a waterskier uses a towboat, the PE uses leashed lost souls.

Or a Pain Santamental on its flying sled drawn by red-nosed lost souls. Wait, you said you wanted to avoid wacky things. :p

Old Post 03-27-12 21:11 #
Gez is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
[PROTOTYPE]
Well it's obvious I haven't learned anything.

Whoa, man! Awesome drawings! Congrats!
You seem to be a born talent.

Old Post 03-27-12 22:18 #
[PROTOTYPE] is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
geo
Forum Staple

Brilliant. I hope iD takes this idea :-)

Old Post 03-29-12 05:25 #
geo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
MmM
BoP

That's a really cool and creative take on the Pain Elemental, nicely done!

Old Post 03-31-12 15:36 #
MmM is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Krispy

I'd say colorize it. The flames and chains would look amazing.

Old Post 03-31-12 16:11 #
Krispy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote