Demon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Creative Works > Doom related final art assignment

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 06:27. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Chronohunter45
Green Marine

Hey all.

I just recently got this back from the art gallery. I decided to take an art class last semester in order to knock out the arts requirements towards my transfer degree into biology. The final assignment was a "self-portait"; that is, a collection of items that represent you.

Thought I'd share the results, as you guys might get a kick out of it.

Also turned out to be the best assignment she'd had in the class.

Approximately 54 hours of work, drawn from a tv tray about 4 feet away from me. Drawn on a 24" x 18" drawing pad using primarily charcoal, except for the finer details that needed pencil.

Cheers.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60/jhshelton45/Other%20Photos/Selfportrait_960.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60/jhshelton45/Other%20Photos/Selfportrait_zoomed_960.jpg

Also, thank you mods for moving the thread for me. Totally forgot that we had an art section, and realized it right after I posted.

Last edited by Chronohunter45 on 05-23-12 at 04:07

Old Post 05-23-12 03:15 #
Chronohunter45 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Maes
I like big butts!

Neat. Now make a pic of a Doom box where Doomguy is holding a Doom box with Doomguy holding a Doom box with Doomguy....

Old Post 05-23-12 19:10 #
Maes is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Chronohunter45
Green Marine

Maes said:
Neat. Now make a pic of a Doom box where Doomguy is holding a Doom box with Doomguy holding a Doom box with Doomguy....

"Yo dawg, I heard you like dat doom, so we put doom in yo doom in yo doom so you can fight the demons while you fight the demons while you fight the demons!"

And then Xzibit was a zombie.

Old Post 05-24-12 03:21 #
Chronohunter45 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
KiiiYiiiKiiiA

That is a nice piece of work.

So what do all the other things say about you?

I gather that you are/were or have plans to go into the air force, as a medic if the stethoscope is any indication. The wrench tells me that you worked for a while as a debt collector for the Russian Mafia. (j/k) And you have tentacles hanging out of your helmet, like Dr Zoidberg. They could be gloves, yeah, but I like my tentacles explanation better. :P

No seriously, that is a really good drawing. Much better than I could do. It is also huge. You must have worked at it from all angles.

Old Post 05-27-12 06:47 #
KiiiYiiiKiiiA is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Protoman

Very nice art work Chrono

Old Post 07-09-12 13:51 #
Protoman is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
scaled
Warming Up

Nicely done. Granted I'm nobody when it comes to judging shading or consistency on shaodws or whatnot, but I'm impressed.

Old Post 10-26-12 18:29 #
scaled is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote