Reaper Grimm
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Fan Fics / Fan Pics > Hell Knight Fan Art

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 09:41. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Dreamphaser

Hello people,

This is my very first post on any doom related forum.
I created this account to show my art ( also doom related )
to all of u fanatics. Making this image was a distinct pleasure
and a real challenge. I only took the ingame sprites as a reference
and i tried to make it as true as possible to however i always
experienced the hellknight. It's not perfect and some may have a
different feeling about it, but i hope u still all enjoy the image
as much as i did making it.

Perhaps in the future i may make more if i'm in the mood :)

http://th06.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE...ser-d5ixo30.jpg

The same and more art can be viewed here at my DA page or blog :

http://dreamphaser.deviantart.com/gallery/
http://dreamphaser.blogspot.be/

Old Post 10-25-12 20:04 #
Dreamphaser is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Mechadon

That Hell Knight is fantastic :D

Old Post 10-25-12 20:15 #
Mechadon is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Krispy

Awesome! That looks like something I would buy from a gallery! As a word of advice, though, maybe tone down the veins a bit.

Old Post 10-25-12 21:23 #
Krispy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
ComicMischief

Nice work in your gallery in general. Watched you, I'm 'Jayextee'. Hi. :)

Old Post 10-26-12 11:49 #
ComicMischief is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Evolution

Kickass! I really like the see-thru veins (or "connected gross stuff") in the neck, and the feel of malice this beast has.

Old Post 10-26-12 14:56 #
Evolution is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Sarcose
Mini-Member

Nice. Instantly recognizeable to a DooM player as a Hell Knight/Baron. I like the veins, personally: the intense veins and the exposed/outlined tendons in the back of the neck really invoke the DooM feel.

Old Post 10-30-12 02:51 #
Sarcose is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DoomUK
Forum Staple

That's insanely good. One of the best Doom-related pieces of artwork I've ever seen.

As a side note, one can only hope this is the kind of concept design id are using as a platform to build Doom 4's aesthetic on.

Old Post 10-30-12 09:48 #
DoomUK is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Maes
I like big butts!

I see you went for the doomesque bovine/baboon hybrid short-snout representation :-) I prefer it over stereotypical goat traits.

Old Post 10-30-12 10:54 #
Maes is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dreamphaser

@ Maes : yeah i wanted to stay away from the facial characteristics
that are shown on the original cover. i always felt that ingame they
had a shorter nose rather than the elongated one u see on the cover.
well it will always remain a personal impression. glad u like it.

Old Post 10-30-12 11:03 #
Dreamphaser is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
MacBeth
Green Marine

Very cool dude, I really like the lighting and the texture of the horns and skin. :)

Of the two why did you choose the Hell knight and not the Baron?

Old Post 11-01-12 23:46 #
MacBeth is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Sarcose
Mini-Member

Dreamphaser said:
@ Maes : yeah i wanted to stay away from the ... shown on the original cover.

You mean you didn't want to give it a double peashooter laser wrist gun? (edit: I think that may have been the horrible novel cover)

Last edited by Sarcose on 11-02-12 at 01:47

Old Post 11-02-12 01:23 #
Sarcose is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Sahkan

Awesome one of the best out there !

Old Post 01-20-13 08:31 #
Sahkan is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
NiTROACTiVE
Forum Regular

That Hell Knight looks awesome! You did a great job with it, and you should also do the other monsters as well.

Old Post 01-21-13 17:13 #
NiTROACTiVE is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
RyRy13
Warming Up

This is so cool! I wish I could frame this and hang it in my room. Art like this is almost inspiring. People like you have so much talent and I admire that.

Old Post 05-27-13 17:04 #
RyRy13 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Butts

Thousands of words of praise can't do justice to art that good. Well done. I prefer the "baboon" style face rather than the goat face. It looks more... mean, or evil or something... more aggressive I guess.

Old Post 06-10-13 06:23 #
Butts is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote