Weird impy thing
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Creative Works > Doom 4 Fan Art

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 02:36. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Windowpain

http://ellorygm.deviantart.com/art/...Small-450582635

Just something I whipped up in between commissions and work. I'm kind of worried about how Doom 4 is going to turn out, and thought I'd give a shot at what I think a modern "Hell on Earth" could look like. Basically, I'd like to see the old monsters spruced up a little but still recognizable, fast-paced game play, and something resembling a story (controversial, I know). Thoughts and opinions welcome!

Old Post 04-28-14 20:02 #
Windowpain is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
C30N9

Awesome picture! It would be lovely if the classic monsters come back.

Last edited by C30N9 on 04-28-14 at 20:39

Old Post 04-28-14 20:27 #
C30N9 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Waffenak
Forum Regular

Whoa, cool design with monsters and all and dat ass

Old Post 04-30-14 22:47 #
Waffenak is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Jaxxoon R

Would be great if id leaned more towards the classic designs than the Doom 3 ones.

Old Post 05-01-14 00:16 #
Jaxxoon R is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Windowpain

Thanks C30, and Waffenak, what's more awesome than chicks and guns? That was actually my nod to the Doom novels, I actually enjoyed the first one and like the idea of a female sidekick/coop partner.
Jaxxoon, I definitely hope that the art leans back toward Adrian Carmack's original work, which I always found to be perfectly balanced between cartoony and realistic.

Old Post 05-01-14 04:38 #
Windowpain is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Netherstorm

Wow, really good!
It's completely how I envision Doom 4 (if it ever get's finished or made, of course).

Old Post 05-01-14 06:32 #
Netherstorm is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Waffenak
Forum Regular

Windowpain said:
Thanks C30, and Waffenak, what's more awesome than chicks and guns? That was actually my nod to the Doom novels, I actually enjoyed the first one and like the idea of a female sidekick/coop partner.
Jaxxoon, I definitely hope that the art leans back toward Adrian Carmack's original work, which I always found to be perfectly balanced between cartoony and realistic.

I enjoyed them also, its been many years since I read those book last time. Wasn't there also some 2-headed alien, a kid and a mormon guy that also traveled with him besides that girl?

Old Post 05-01-14 12:55 #
Waffenak is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Windowpain

Netherstorm - It's pretty much a guarantee that it'll be made, as they're handing out beta keys for it with a pre-order of Wolfenstein.
Waffenak - I really did like the first Doom novel. The other three are basically unreadable, and I'm always baffled when I try to imagine what the writers were thinking.

Old Post 05-01-14 15:22 #
Waffenak
Forum Regular

Windowpain said:
Netherstorm - It's pretty much a guarantee that it'll be made, as they're handing out beta keys for it with a pre-order of Wolfenstein.
Waffenak - I really did like the first Doom novel. The other three are basically unreadable, and I'm always baffled when I try to imagine what the writers were thinking.

Yeah, in the middle of the second it go really weird but despite the major changes in story I still read them just for the hell of it and it was quite a trip with all those broccoli aliens and mormon temples

Old Post 05-01-14 16:53 #
Netherstorm

Windowpain said:

Oh yes! I had forgotten all about it. Looks like they aren't naming it "Doom 4" though, just "Doom", which brings us yet to another video game series with confusing sequel titles.

Old Post 05-01-14 21:34 #
Netherstorm is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Jaxxoon R

Doom/Doom: Evil Unleashed - the original
Doom II: Hell on Earth - the sequel
Final Doom - the expansion pack
Doom 64/Absolution - the black sheep
Doom³ - the remake of the original
Doom/Doom 4 - who knows

What progression!

Old Post 05-01-14 23:57 #
Jaxxoon R is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Netherstorm

Jaxxoon R said:
Doom/Doom 4 - who knows

What progression!

Is this new Doom game yet another remake of the original Doom story? Or is it a remake of Doom II? Because if it's another remake of Doom, then they should have just called Doom III "Doom" then, but that would just confuse it even more. And what about Final Doom? I thought that was Doom III, but I guess not, it was just a bunch of maps made by the doom community. So is Final Doom "Doom II 1/2"? No it can't be because then it wouldn't fit in with the story. Who knows. 

Old Post 05-02-14 00:06 #
SonicandTails58

Jaxxoon R said:
Doom/Doom 4 - who knows

What progression!

Well, I think there's only a certain amount of times that Hell will get its ass kicked inside out before it runs out of demons/new demons to hurl at Doomguy before it just gives up.

Besides, Doom 64 was supposed to be the final part of the original Doom story, and that means Doomguy is in Hell, quelling any and all possible uprisings the demons have planned.

Old Post 05-11-14 05:33 #
SonicandTails58 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Doomhuntress
Forum Regular

i think Doom 4 will be yet another reboot of the series, because i don't think the setting of the 3rd game sets itself up well for a sequel. i do think they said that Doom 4 was a remake of Doom 2, though?

Old Post 05-11-14 22:05 #
Doomhuntress is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
DoomGeek101

Pretty nice work you've done! This is my new wallpaper for my desktop.

Old Post 05-14-14 22:51 #
DoomGeek101 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Windowpain

DoomGeek101 - awesome to hear! Making something inspiring and iconic is always the goal. Doom has always had that feeling to me, the atmosphere I felt playing it 20 years ago still influences my art today.
Doomhuntress - From what I heard, and media on Doom 4 has been very sparse, Doom 4 is "neither a reboot nor a direct sequel", so go figure what that means. The best theory I heard is that Doom 4 will be a remake of Hell on Earth, but discarding Doom 3 as canon.

Old Post 05-15-14 03:19 #
darkreaver

I must admit I didn't care much for your Doom 4 painting, but those other paintings you have up there on DA are freakin fantastic! Very well done with the realism!

Old Post 05-17-14 14:25 #
darkreaver is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Mrs. Nesbitt
Green Marine

I always love to see these modern drawings of classic Doom characters. You're able to take a simple sprite and turn it into something amazing looking.

Old Post 05-19-14 21:29 #
Mrs. Nesbitt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Windowpain

Darkreaver - Thank you, I've always striven for realism in my style. Can I ask what you don't like about the Doom 4 piece?

Mrs. Nesbitt - I've honestly always thought that Doom was one of the finest displays of pixel/sprite art of all time, especially compared to some of its contemporaries. Also, for the demons, they were built off of incredibly detailed clay/metal models that demonstrated impressive skill from Adrian Carmack.

Old Post 05-22-14 17:29 #
Kommando_Benny

The Cyber and Caco are especially great, mainly the Caco. The lightning sparks and light effects around his figure look really good!

Old Post 05-23-14 01:02 #
Kommando_Benny is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Carniverous Goat
Mini-Member

You are a god. Love that plasma Rifle design too.

Old Post 05-23-14 06:13 #
Carniverous Goat is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
schmerr

oh holy shit that is excellent... I expected some deviant art dinky picture but... wow. Thats good enough to slap on a loading screen in the actual game... props bro!

Old Post 06-06-14 05:46 #
schmerr is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Clonehunter
Forum Staple

Digging that Cyberdemon, and the ships in the sky add for a really cool kinda "Epic Battle" atmosphere. Also, because it needs to be brought up, dat ass.

Old Post 06-06-14 20:38 #
Clonehunter is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Windowpain

Carniverous Goat - first of all, amazing name. Second, I'm wondering if you're referring to the weapon the guy in the foreground is holding? If so, I was trying to draw the original BFG!

Thanks schmerr and Clonehunter, also, I think dat ass has been getting the most praise of anything in this piece, I guess you can tell where I spent the most time rendering ;)

Old Post 06-10-14 00:02 #
FireFish

I would call this a visually pleasing arangement, and i absolutely adore the color in style which has this real video-game feel to it.
The simulated motion blur on fast moving things like the marine being hit by a fireball makes it feel more like a screenshot then a still.

But, i would feel so odd and derailed if that blue armor marine with the to tight to be healthy pants was not a woman. (lol)

Old Post 06-13-14 06:46 #
FireFish is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
GoatLord
I really should think before I post.

This looks a lot better than the actual "Hell on Earth" leaked pics, but then again they didn't have any monsters in them. Has a nice blend of comic/realism going on.

Old Post 07-01-14 06:22 #
GoatLord is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote