Spider Mastermind
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Freedoom > Eew

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 20:54. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Kid Airbag
Not really a kid. Not really an airbag. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!? Who's asking? Are you French? An airbag is a safety device in a car that inflates during a collision and blocks you from smashing your head into the dashboard or steering wheel!

Yeah, is there a possibility something can be done about this:

http://www.doomworld.com/insanity/images/doom0031.jpg

This is the current Freedoom replacement for SKSNAKE1, and as you can see, it looks like total shit (and yes, it is aligned). Does anyone think they can do a better job? Please?

Old Post 11-06-02 20:13 #
Kid Airbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Submerge
Dumboy traded my soul for pogs

joel agrees! Why for look it like rubber hoses and not tentacles?

Old Post 11-07-02 10:34 #
Submerge is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
DOOM Anomaly
I am Weird Al

hmm, I dont mean to be a wet blanket about all this, but it looks pretty cool looking imo. But its not my choice as to choose anything about freedoom, so, meh.

I Love Picklehammer! Do You?

Old Post 11-08-02 03:38 #
DOOM Anomaly is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Kid Airbag
Not really a kid. Not really an airbag. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!? Who's asking? Are you French? An airbag is a safety device in a car that inflates during a collision and blocks you from smashing your head into the dashboard or steering wheel!

Now that I'm looking at it, it's not awful, but I thought the originals were better IMO.

Old Post 11-08-02 19:13 #
Kid Airbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Torn
google is your master

Archvile46 said:
Now that I'm looking at it, it's not awful, but I thought the originals were better IMO.

Me too :)

Old Post 11-10-02 01:58 #
Torn is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Wobbo
Of course, I could be wrong

i fell the same way about the music, everything is either a total rip off of teh origina with tiny changes, or just sounds like crap. (theres a few exceptions, maybe 2 or 3 decent songs)

that same philosophy applied to textures should NOT be the one applied to the music, because you can do so much differnt stuff, your not bound to space or a pallette.

IMJack said:
Can I get a w00t!!!

Old Post 11-11-02 20:20 #
Wobbo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Xanthier
Forum Regular

whoa...yeah it's repetitive and confusing...you won't believe i was just day-dreaming aobut making the new snake for freedoom the other day..i had some ideas, since it's supposed to be as little like the original as possible. wondering if one had been done....interesting...can i give it a try?

Old Post 11-12-02 22:49 #
Xanthier is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Little Faith
Rigtige mænd er voldtægtsmænd

Wobbo said:
i fell the same way about the music, everything is either a total rip off of teh origina with tiny changes, or just sounds like crap. (theres a few exceptions, maybe 2 or 3 decent songs)

that same philosophy applied to textures should NOT be the one applied to the music, because you can do so much differnt stuff, your not bound to space or a pallette.

Mind you, this is not the case with all the music.

Especially Metabolist's tunes stand out as being very creative.

Old Post 11-12-02 22:59 #
Little Faith is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Kid Airbag

Xanthier said:
whoa...yeah it's repetitive and confusing...you won't believe i was just day-dreaming aobut making the new snake for freedoom the other day..i had some ideas, since it's supposed to be as little like the original as possible. wondering if one had been done....interesting...can i give it a try?
Yeah, if you want to make something, just go ahead and if it's better (which it probably will be) it'll most likely be kept.

Old Post 11-13-02 00:14 #